Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BurstNET VPS Improvements

Just wanted to take a very quick minute to report that I'm noticing a good deal of improvement on the BurstNET/Nocster VPS side. I have a couple high end nodes with Nocster (since Sept '10) and although I was just fine with the performance as it was, I recently noticed that things appear more "solid", sites loading faster, cPanel/WHM moving quicker, things like that. Would love to see this performance continue.

-John

Thanks for the update!

Kudos to Burst and it's team!
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Very good Glad to hear the news.

Its nice they are improving and add to the competition

Quote Originally Posted by nwtg View Post

Just wanted to take a very quick minute to report that I'm noticing a good deal of improvement on the BurstNET/Nocster VPS side. I have a couple high end nodes with Nocster (since Sept '10) and although I was just fine with the performance as it was, I recently noticed that things appear more "solid", sites loading faster, cPanel/WHM moving quicker, things like that. Would love to see this performance continue.

-John

Thanks!

Are you using our LA location then?...since you are based in Oregon.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Yeah, they are better day by day, i have > 5 VPS (all in PA ) with them and quite happy I havent tried their LA and Miami vps, anyone tried? Is it good as PA?

Quote Originally Posted by minhmeo View Post
    I havent tried their LA and Miami vps, anyone tried? Is it good as PA?
    BurstNET LA is running sweetly now after a bit of network reconfiguration they've been doing.

BurstNET FL is brand new and I think they're still turning up connections there. A lot of routes seem to backhaul back to their main peering in NYC, although I just got a nice direct route from them to Lisbon, Portugal via TATA

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    BurstNET LA is running sweetly now after a bit of network reconfiguration they've been doing.

BurstNET FL is brand new and I think they're still turning up connections there. A lot of routes seem to backhaul back to their main peering in NYC, although I just got a nice direct route from them to Lisbon, Portugal via TATA
    many thanks! What Burst's DC better for me if most of my visitors are from FL and NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by minhmeo View Post
    many thanks! What Burst's DC better for me if most of my visitors are from FL and NJ?
    I would say stay in PA - At least for now. BurstNET have a lot of peering in New York, which will pick up your NJ traffic quickly. Until they have good peering in Miami the risk is that some of your FL users' connections will go to New York and back if you have a VPS there.

Wait a while - There is excellent connectivity available in Miami but it takes some time for all the connections to be agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Wait a while - There is excellent connectivity available in Miami but it takes some time for all the connections to be agreed.
    Please report any routes like that, to support@burst.net, so we can take them to our providers for adjustment if possible. Connectivity and routes will improve as time goes by for Miami, as with any new POP just turned up...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Please report any routes like that, to support@burst.net, so we can take them to our providers for adjustment if possible.
    I know, but I'm not gonna start bugging you guys until you've had a chance to bed things in. Besides, one strange one I noticed last night (Miami -> NYC -> Atlanta) you've already gone and fixed! I'll wait a while - I have the patience of a nurse

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Connectivity and routes will improve as time goes by for Miami, as with any new POP just turned up...
    I know, seen you doing the same in your LA POP which is pretty well sorted now, apart from CacheFly still resolving to Frankfurt, but I doubt that's your problem

EDIT: It looks like CacheFly resolves to Frankfurt from your new Miami POP too ... It's looking like BurstNET is becoming more global than them!

I have a tertiary DNS server running on a BurstNet VPS instance in LA. My ping times to/from the main server in a different LA area DC have improved recently. Not only are the ping times shorter they are also more consistent from one ping to the next, that is a sign of a rock solid connection.

I was also pleased a while back when they sent me advance notice of a pending service outage.

I'm finding them to be professional and reliable, and I plan to remain a customer.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

Quote Originally Posted by srider View Post
    I have a tertiary DNS server running on a BurstNet VPS instance in LA. My ping times to/from the main server in a different LA area DC have improved recently. Not only are the ping times shorter they are also more consistent from one ping to the next, that is a sign of a rock solid connection.

I was also pleased a while back when they sent me advance notice of a pending service outage.

I'm finding them to be professional and reliable, and I plan to remain a customer.

I believe PCCW/BTN is being turned up with a 10G connection at some point today in LA. That should be a huge plus, especially for our growing Asian client base.

Yes. Miami vps are working great

BurstNET is showing the better performance, and I like it.
    Kijangmas™Hosting
    FULL ACCESS!!! Domain Registration - UNMETERED HOSTING

Okay, so I'm not the only one that's noticed improvements on the whole with BurstNet; that's a good thing. The reviews for this company have varied so much in the past, that I figured I'd get slammed with POS "You work for them" responses.

Are you using our LA location then?...since you are based in Oregon
    The dedicated servers are here at a Portland DC. My two VPS#6 are in PA. At the time of sign-up, the LA location was being turned up, so I chose to go with PA so I wasn't part of the 'little issues' that are to be expected when a new POP goes up.

However, when I saw the LA POP was up, I wanted to try it out but haven't yet; after almost 7 months with my current nodes, I don't really want to start from scratch as far as configs and daemon customization. If there was an easy way to migrate the slice, I'd love to try it out. I'd even pay for the migration.

-John

Now, BurstNet is ok
    Kijangmas™Hosting
    FULL ACCESS!!! Domain Registration - UNMETERED HOSTING

Quote Originally Posted by srider View Post

Hmmm ... I just canceled my VPS with them a week or so ago; I should have waited.

Now, I want to do a testomonial =p.

Recently, our corp. had adquired 2 VPS on burstnet. honestly speaking, the service is the best VPS hosting that I seen (in cost-efficient).

We've 2 VPS (one in Scranton, and one in UK), and they work very much ok!

is there a problem with burstnet - i just noticed today both my vps's in the uk have been terminated, but nobody has contacted me to say why, and i've paid for over a year upfront.

i did noticed on veportal that one server had stupidly high bandwidth usage of like 9999999gb which obviously is a bug and not a real value, but i'm worried that's why they've terminated me.

Quote Originally Posted by sej7278 View Post
    is there a problem with burstnet - i just noticed today both my vps's in the uk have been terminated
    Have you raised a ticket with BurstNET for this? If not, get one in ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by sej7278 View Post
    is there a problem with burstnet - i just noticed today both my vps's in the uk have been terminated, but nobody has contacted me to say why, and i've paid for over a year upfront.

i did noticed on veportal that one server had stupidly high bandwidth usage of like 9999999gb which obviously is a bug and not a real value, but i'm worried that's why they've terminated me.
    I had exactly the same issue today. I got an email saying "your vps is terminated" I raised a ticket immediately and this is the answer:

Hello.

We are sorry to inform you that an unforeseen problem with our server management system caused irrepressible damage to the container and we are unable to recover the vps.

A new container is being created and you will receive a welcome email, as soon as the replacement is available for use. Please use any available backup data to re-populate the server.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience. Our staff is reviewing the logs and will do our best to ensure that this issue does not reoccur.
    Luckily my customer used this vps as a secondary dns and backup. So it is not a very big problem now but it could be!
    Last edited by Serhat; 04-09-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Did they fix their routing yet?

I had an LA VPS with them a month ago, and it went down every other night due to huge packet loss between them and Hurricane Electric. When I sent them a ticket, they always said they never noticed it because they usually replied a couple hours later or the next day.

They also have really weird routing that was never fixed for months. When I pinged google (located in California), the packets went to their Scranton router on the east coast and then to Washington DC.

Quote Originally Posted by lorph View Post
    Did they fix their routing yet?

I had an LA VPS with them a month ago, and it went down every other night due to huge packet loss between them and Hurricane Electric. When I sent them a ticket, they always said they never noticed it because they usually replied a couple hours later or the next day.

They also have really weird routing that was never fixed for months. When I pinged google (located in California), the packets went to their Scranton router on the east coast and then to Washington DC.

That was resolved quite some time ago.

I just purchased a third VPS this weekend so I could try out the LA POP. So far I'm just as impressed.

I've been utilizing several BurstNET locations for almost a year now (and in previous years) and can easily say they've almost been the best solution in terms of cost-affordable and service offerings. The only real company I've seen stick around for so long.
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast