Exclamation Burstnet Billing problem

If someone here at WHT could give me some advice on this issue -

Order Number: 9999985593

Upgrade/Downgrade Options: Control Panel - No Control Panel Installation / License => CPanel/WHM - Unlimited Domains - (CentOS/Fedora/BSD)

Invoice #10464030

I paid for a cpanel license through the above order and invoice. I have already installed a trial version of cpanel myself and just needs the license to be activated. But the response that I got from their support team :

---------------------------
    A cPanel install requires a OS reinstall. You are going to need to have the server reinstalled for cPanel to be installed.

I do not want an OS re-install or a cPanel install. I just need the license. I have already placed the order and paid the invoice. How can I make the support staff at Burst understand this even after providing them the order number and invoice number ?

I'm afraid this is something you really need to handle with BurstNET.
    We cannot help you with this in any way.

How can I make them understand that for activating a cPanel license on an IP address, there is no need to re-install the OS ?

You just need to inform them that you have already installed cPanel and do not need help with the install.

If they have already activated the license ( check using http://verify.cpanel.net ) , you can just use -

/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
    and close the Burstnet ticket.
    LeapSwitch Networks Pvt. Ltd. - Managed VPS / Dedicated Servers India
    CloudJiffy PaaS - Wordpress Cluster Hosting
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    AS132335 - India - USA - Germany - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine

All he had to do was respond to the letter we sent, stating he already had it installed and just needed the license.

Since he was kind enough to include the order number, I'll do it now. But next time, OP, just try writing back to us. If you did, I apologize but our sales department has been very busy with a few major things this week.

UPDATE: licensed
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 03-29-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Must there really be a need for everytime i click new posts someones complaining about BurstNET and 2-3 times its the SAME person?

Quote Originally Posted by 227b View Post
    I do not want an OS re-install or a cPanel install. I just need the license.
    Did you start a ticket and tell them that, or just assume they'd guess right?

There was an identical thread to this a month or so back. I think the outcome was that it became apparent that Mr BurstNET, Mr BurstNET_CSM and the entire BurstNET staff don't have crystal balls. (And you can read into that any way you like! )

Quote Originally Posted by 227b View Post
    If someone here at WHT could give me some advice on this issue -

I paid for a cpanel license through the above order and invoice. I have already installed a trial version of cpanel myself and just needs the license to be activated. But the response that I got from their support team :

A cPanel install requires a OS reinstall. You are going to need to have the server reinstalled for cPanel to be installed.

I do not want an OS re-install or a cPanel install. I just need the license. I have already placed the order and paid the invoice. How can I make the support staff at Burst understand this even after providing them the order number and invoice number ?
    I'm not quite understand why you couldn't simply explain this to Burst.Net, as you explained it here.

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Did you start a ticket and tell them that, or just assume they'd guess right?

There was an identical thread to this a month or so back. I think the outcome was that it became apparent that Mr BurstNET, Mr BurstNET_CSM and the entire BurstNET staff don't have crystal balls. (And you can read into that any way you like! )

SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote from OP:

Order Number: 9999985593

Upgrade/Downgrade Options: Control Panel - No Control Panel Installation / License => CPanel/WHM - Unlimited Domains - (CentOS/Fedora/BSD)

Invoice #10464030

How is it that they didnt read their own ticket automated message? It says right there it was a no installation license only...

Just give him the license number, and quit trying to install cPanel for everyone. I guarantee if someone needs it installed they will tell you, and then you can tell them a OS reinstall needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    How is it that they didnt read their own ticket automated message? It says right there it was a no installation license only...

Just give him the license number, and quit trying to install cPanel for everyone. I guarantee if someone needs it installed they will tell you, and then you can tell them a OS reinstall needs to be done.
    Or you could read the thread before replying as the issue is closed.

NO, that is what it says on the original order form, client can select a control panel OR "Control Panel - No Control Panel Installation".
    It is whether they are getting a control panel or not, NOT whether one is being installed or not.
    It has nothing to do with changing the selection later regarding whether we perform the actual installation of one or not.

Please do not try and tell us how to run our business or how to change our procedures/policies.
    You don't have full knowledge of them probably not even a client), nor understand why such are even in place (without being part of our team).
    We do things a certain way for a reason, after decades of experience with such, via methods that work best for running OUR operations.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 03-29-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    NO, that is what it says on the original order form, client can select a control panel OR "Control Panel - No Control Panel Installation".
    It is whether they are getting a control panel or not, NOT whether one is being installed or not.
    It has nothing to do with changing the selection later regarding whether we perform the actual installation of one or not.

Please do not try and tell us how to run our business or how to change our procedures/policies.
    You don't have full knowledge of them probably not even a client), nor understand why such are even in place (without being part of our team).
    We do things a certain way for a reason, after decades of experience with such, via methods that work best for running OUR operations.
    Sorry Burst.Net, I'm a bit confused here. It says :

So if no control panel installation means a server without a control panel, then why the cPanel/WHM is mentioned at all?

It seems like the customer somehow managed to choose 2 options at once, as there is no option to just buy a license separately on the order form.

I'll just shutup. I don't know how in the heck it can say.. Upgrade/Downgrade Optiions: Control Panel - No Control Panel Installation / License..

I would think it says no control panel installation, just license, but who am I to use common sense.

If thats the case then whynot just add a option for LICENSE ONLY NO INSTALLATION? Surely its not that hard.
    Last edited by bluemer; 03-29-2011 at 11:25 PM.

It seems that the message shows two different options at once. Not sure what is the reason for that.

Check the Control Panel selection of the following form :

https://service.burst.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

and note the first and last options.

In any case there is no such option on the Burst.Net website to order a server with a Control Panel but without installation. If you buy the panel you get it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post

You sir need to pick a different attitude with people. You have like 5-6 threads with people having problems currently, and everytime its the same ******* response. You're probably sick of dealing with people about this crap, but have alittle patience... After all.. You have this mastered. I'm just learning.

bluemer,

Your approach to this thread (AFTER it was resolved) is what caused the short reply from BurstNET.

You did write as if you were very knowledgeable on the subject., but in fact, you were unaware of what the actual order form meant, which is where the problem lays:

WHat that is actually saying is that the customer has requested an upgrade from "NO CONTROL PANEL INSTALLATION" to "CPanel/WHM".

Over the many years we've been doing this (Long enough that CPanel's owner worked for us), we've learned it's best to install cpanel on a clean OS. The client always has the option of saying no, and requesting just the license, which is what happened in this scenario.

The only issue the OP will face is that we will not support a CPanel not installed by us, but as it may never be an issue, it is NOT an issue now.

I understand. I was just thinking thats what it said. I of course am no EXPERT if I was I honestly wouldn't be on here. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    bluemer,

Your approach to this thread (AFTER it was resolved) is what caused the short reply from BurstNET.

You did write as if you were very knowledgeable on the subject., but in fact, you were unaware of what the actual order form meant, which is where the problem lays:

WHat that is actually saying is that the customer has requested an upgrade from "NO CONTROL PANEL INSTALLATION" to "CPanel/WHM".

Over the many years we've been doing this (Long enough that CPanel's owner worked for us), we've learned it's best to install cpanel on a clean OS. The client always has the option of saying no, and requesting just the license, which is what happened in this scenario.

The only issue the OP will face is that we will not support a CPanel not installed by us, but as it may never be an issue, it is NOT an issue now.
    Thanks. It all makes sense now.