Burst.net is great vps host.

I've been meaning to post some kudos for burst.net for a while now. I've had a budget VPS with them for over 6 months. I have a startup business and needed to cut some costs and so I switched from a previous dedicated server to their budget VPS. I was a little nervous making the switch since everyone says "you get what you pay for" - but in the case of Burst I think they are giving way more than I am paying .

Anyway the service has been great. I have had only one connection related issue the whole time and they sorted it out fast.
    So if anyone is looking for a good low cost VPS I would highly recommend them.

I read a good review about burst after long time good to know they you are happy with them.

Heh, nice to see a good review about burst. They really need(And should have) more of these :-/

Finally, a good review.

Please provide your domain hosted in your VPS at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7359459

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Heh, nice to see a good review about burst. They really need(And should have) more of these :-/
    A review from new member who only joined to post it is better than nothing i guess

Hope to see more nice reviews to come

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    A review from new member who only joined to post it is better than nothing i guess

Hope to see more nice reviews to come
    Em...I have the same feeling.
    Let wait for few more months to see the consistency.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Glad that your 6 month with them have been positive
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    Still, a company like burst doesn't seem like(and probably aren't) one to 'buy' reviews. I trust them as much, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    but as he said he've been with them for 6 months (assuming that this review is after 6 month of their service)

Uhmm, Burst is good for what i pay for. I have > 10 VPS with them and happy with all. All of VPS are located at PA DC, i want to try their LA DC but it seems not stable as PA. Still waiting for more Burst LA reviews

Well it's great to be called a liar
    I actually I have an old webhostingtalk username (hitspot), but I forgot my password and the password retrieval wasn't working for me so I created a new account.
    So take it for what it's worth.

Kudos to BurstNet! Keep up the good work guys!

OP, I am glad that they are working out well for you! Thank you for sharing your review with us!

Quote Originally Posted by kjetterman View Post
    Kudos to BurstNet! Keep up the good work guys!

OP, I am glad that they are working out well for you! Thank you for sharing your review with us!
    is it clear that its a legit review?

?? I don't know. I guess I didn't really question that as it is the OP's job to submit his/her URL or IP to WHT. I assume the moderators keep track of this kind of thing and if it wasn't legit, then they would delete the thread. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by dkiley View Post
    Well it's great to be called a liar
    I actually I have an old webhostingtalk username (hitspot), but I forgot my password and the password retrieval wasn't working for me so I created a new account.
    So take it for what it's worth.
    Report your IP so the mods can verify,

Also if you contact the HelpDESK they can merge your two accounts together, as you can only have one WHT account it's against the rules to have more then one.

But you can try to contact the helpdesk to get your old account reset for you, or even merged with this account.

Thanks for the positive review
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

Quote Originally Posted by FH-VM View Post
    is it clear that its a legit review?
    Are you saying this because you offer a similar priced budget solution?

If it is indeed a fake review then it will be deleted. If you do think it is a fake review report it to the mods and leave it at that.

I for one will trust the moderators to do there jobs. Burst.net is not really known for making others write fake reviews anyways and a company that large is more then likely not stupid enough to risk there WHT business over having someone post a fake review.

We all know communities become a success when every new member is accused of lying there first day
    Last edited by techjr; 03-26-2011 at 03:05 PM.

I just posted my ip/domain of my vps to the "report" link. For the record it is syncpedia.com/64.120.190.212.

As far as merging the old account. Honestly for me it wouldn't be worth the effort since I haven't been very active since the days of chicken as moderator. I used to run a web hosting company (hitspot.net) and remember how hard it was to get people to post good reviews no matter how hard I tried which was the reason I decided to post here - but jumping through a hundred hoops isn't exactly something i'm interested in doing to remain a member.

As a client I would not recommend BurstNET unless you don't need to reboot your VPS and it doesn't start because it's corrupt, or wait to a backup from the VePortal that takes more than 12+ hours or even someone to reply your tickets, in less than 9+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by R_R_D View Post
    As a client I would not recommend BurstNET unless you don't need to reboot your VPS and it doesn't start because it's corrupt, or wait to a backup from the VePortal that takes more than 12+ hours or even someone to reply your tickets, in less than 9+ hours.
    Is it amature night? Did you think you could post that and NOT have to post a ticket number or something to help validate the claim? So, can you pm me or post Here your ticket(s) that point to your claims?

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Is it amature night? Did you think you could post that and NOT have to post a ticket number or something to help validate the claim? So, can you pm me or post Here your ticket(s) that point to your claims?

We are talking about to get a backup! How could this take so long and why are going to do it so fast after I post in WHT?

NONSENSE!

ticket opened:
    03-28-2011 - 03:34AM

initial response time:
    03-28-2011 - 03:56AM

Our techs having been working with you back and forth the whole time.
    We cannot control how long it takes your data to backup.
    The process is running and has been.
    The node is not overloaded, and it just takes as long as it takes for the process to complete.
    It has nothing to do with our support staff or with the vePortal software...it is a tar/gzip process which all back software uses.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

We are talking about to get a backup! How could this take so long and why are going to do it so fast after I post in WHT?
    We are not doing a darn thing different since you posted on WHT.
    Nothing was done wrong, and we don't need to change anything we are currently doing.
    You need to be patient and wait for the tar/gzip process to complete---and there is nothing you or we can do to change that, nor speed it up.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    NONSENSE!

ticket opened:
    03-28-2011 - 03:34AM

initial response time:
    03-28-2011 - 03:56AM

Our techs having been working with you back and forth the whole time.
    We cannot control how long it takes your data to backup.
    The process is running and has been.
    The node is not overloaded, and it just takes as long as it takes for the process to complete.
    It has nothing to do with our support staff or with the vePortal software...it is a tar/gzip process which all back software uses.
    Seriously? We are now bad because of the standard tarball? Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...