A challenge. UK Server Needed

We are looking for a UK server that is atleast quad core, 8gb ram, 750GB HD, 100mbit port, 5TB monthly transfer and has 32 IPs.

Our Price range is under £70/month.

Any providers you know of in the UK that provide that? IPs is most important for us.

Thanks for the information.

Kind Regards,
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

You weren't kidding about the challenge part.
    Clook: Fully Managed UK Based Hosting · CloudFlare Optimised Partner!
    Established 12 Years - 24/7/365 Support (<10m Avg. Response Time)
    Shared, Reseller, vServer, Dedicated and Beyond
    0845 867 2550 Sales - Visit our Website

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cow View Post
    You weren't kidding about the challenge part.
    We like a challenge. hehe. However we are looking for pricing around this. Can be abit more. Can be a bit less.

Obviously OVH in France can easily do this. However obviously we are looking for a different provider in the UK rather than france.

Also there IP limitations is annoying.
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

Maybe UK2.net can help you.

May need to up your budget a touch to get the exact deal you want, not impossible in the UK though!
    Craig Messer - www.veloxserv.co.uk
    VeloxServ Communications Ltd - Company Number: 07357707 | VAT Number: GB 119 7652 89
    UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Rackspace, Web Hosting & Managed Services
    Wolverhampton and London UK

What operating system and control panel is required?
    Obviously that will effect the price, but you are pushing it at those specs alone at the required price, but enough searching should find it...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Thanks guys. It will simple be for VPS. IPs are also very important.

Quote Originally Posted by CymraegWalesHosting View Post
    Thanks guys. It will simple be for VPS. IPs are also very important.
    For personal use? The specifications you required aren't much for hosting VPS's you wish to sell.

Were not into the VPS selling game. Was 2 years ago and sold out.

We require it for multiple in company applications. UK VPN, PBX, Development, Testing etc.

We are currently going through a big company expansion (Telecom wise) and we are being bombarded options for High End Telecom Billing and we need to test features etc. Hence running multiple VPS's as each different solution is its own ISO images. Hence therefore different VPS

When we sold VPS's a year ago. Our nodes were around Dual Quad 2.0Ghz+ 32GB Ram. SAN, 1gbit etc etc

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by CymraegWalesHosting View Post
    Were not into the VPS selling game. Was 2 years ago and sold out.

We require it for multiple in company applications. UK VPN, PBX, Development, Testing etc.

We are currently going through a big company expansion (Telecom wise) and we are being bombarded options for High End Telecom Billing and we need to test features etc. Hence running multiple VPS's as each different solution is its own ISO images. Hence therefore different VPS

When we sold VPS's a year ago. Our nodes were around Dual Quad 2.0Ghz+ 32GB Ram. SAN, 1gbit etc etc

Kind Regards,
    Thanks for the further information, so you will be using it to host development virtual servers.

I can recommend RackSRV as a great provider of dedicated servers.

You will need to enquire with them on the IP requirements you specified, apart from that the Dedicated #2 package they offer right now looks to match your requirements.

I can strongly advise you to stay away from Webfusion - they tie you into a non-existent 24month contract when you wan't to cancel

I can also vouch for BurstNET as a great budget provider, I run a reseller account with them and haven't had any problems in around the 6months I have been with them.

Apart from above, I don't have much experience with any other UK based hosts - Hope I helped in some way though.

Good luck!

RackSRV (great company) have these available: http://www.racksrv.com/dedicated-servers

Dedicated #2
    Intel Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    ??? Disk Space
    5 TB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit port

£74.99 / Month

Only issue is that you only have 5 IP addresses, additional IP addresses are £1.00 per month (so £27.00 in total extra in your case). You could contact them and see if they would budge on this a bit for the 27 extra IPs you need, as long as you have justification.

I'd really consider this above package since RackSRV are priced just a bit above the really budget providers but provide a pretty top notch service, their servers are located outside of London & major connectivity areas though, in Kent (having said that, their connectivity has always been great for me).

Good luck
    Last edited by DevMonkey; 03-26-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ST-Mike View Post
    RackSRV (great company) have these available: http://www.racksrv.com/dedicated-servers

Dedicated #2
    Intel Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    ??? Disk Space
    5 TB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit port

£74.99 / Month

Only issue is that you only have 5 IP addresses, additional IP addresses are £1.00 per month (so £27.00 in total extra in your case). You could contact them and see if they would budge on this a bit for the 27 extra IPs you need, as long as you have justification.

I'd really consider this above package since RackSRV are priced just a bit above the really budget providers but provide a pretty top notch service, their servers are located outside of London & major connectivity areas though, in Kent (having said that, their connectivity has always been great for me).

Good luck
    Beat ya too it!

Yeah sorry your reply came in whilst I was copying the specs over and whatnot! RackSRV = brilliant though

Hi

Deffinatey give Jon at racksrv a call, best move we made

Keith
    VPS & Dedi with -
    UKServers (8/10) Clouvider (7/10) 12 month, Rapidswitch (1/10) 15Years+, Hivelocity (10/10) 7 Years, Clustered net (10+/10) 17Years+

Quote Originally Posted by ST-Mike View Post
    Yeah sorry your reply came in whilst I was copying the specs over and whatnot! RackSRV = brilliant though
    No problems of course, glad we all agree though, RackSRV is a great all-rounder.

How about Vooservers? Haven't tried them personally but would like to know if anyone else has.
    Curvehost
    Premium Shared/Reseller/VPS hosting
    24/7 Technical Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

Looks like the £69.99 Quad Core Q8300 is now out of stock
    Curvehost
    Premium Shared/Reseller/VPS hosting
    24/7 Technical Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by curvehost View Post
    How about Vooservers? Haven't tried them personally but would like to know if anyone else has.
    The prices are not that bad. Any experiences on this one?

Regards!