I need a VPS with 4GB of guaranteed RAM

I need a VPS with 4GB of guaranteed RAM.
    Might consider KVM or Xen platforms.
    Please advise.

what is ur budget and space,bandwidth requirements ? managed r un-managed ?
    with cpanel or with out ?

if u r clear about that, members can help u out

Hi Alan,

Depending on what you are planning to do, and the factors that ransome mentioned above you may also want to look at dedicated server options - it may work out that you get more power for your money that way. Let us know some more details and everyone will be able to provide some suggestions for you.
    Toby
    Xeo Solutions - Discovering Innovation
    Managed Service Provider & Cloud Hosting | Launching Late August 2019

I want it unmanaged, about 2TB of bandwidth.
    My budget is around $150.00/mo, no need cPanel.

Hi Alan,

Is there a specific reason you said a VPS? It's likely to be more expensive to go with a VPS with that spec from a good provider than a dedicated from a good provider.

You might want to have a look at www.poundhost.com and go the dedicated route with that spec.

This sounds like it should meet your needs and be under budget: http://www.poundhost.com/dedicated-servers?id=85

Their servers are in Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK if location matters to you.
    Toby

Set on Linux or is Windows an option for you?
    Linux & Windows Hosting Expert @ Contegix
    FedRAMP / HIPAA / PCI Compliant Cloud Solutions backed by 24x7x365 Technical Support
    Specializing in high traffic Drupal and WordPress compliant sites + highly customized solutions
    rjohnson@contegix.com -- 877-289-0395 x2018 -- www.Contegix.com

hi
    why not go to dediacted server?
    You can get dedicated by your budget

Why dont you go for cloud or bare betal server ?
    Companies such as knownhost, wiredtree offer hybrid server but with cpanel
    Any specific reason behind taking VPS ?
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

Do you have any preference on location? How much storage do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanGaret View Post
    I want it unmanaged, about 2TB of bandwidth.
    My budget is around $150.00/mo, no need cPanel.
    Is there any particular reasons you opt for VPS instead of dedicated server?
    Let us know your preferred location or DC.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

I'd second what other have already said.

If your looking for dedicated memory / cpus etc you should look at getting a Virtual Dedicated Server or a Dedicated server.
    Old School Web Hoster
    138Media LTD (Media and Consulting)

for those specs you will most likley be looking at $150-$200/mo you could probably get a duo core with the same amount of ram for $250/mo so you may want to simply consider this.

Quote Originally Posted by coderiser View Post
    for those specs you will most likley be looking at $150-$200/mo you could probably get a duo core with the same amount of ram for $250/mo so you may want to simply consider this.
    No, he can get this within $100 with xen virtualization.

I'm searching for USA-based provider, eastern coast would be especially fine, but will consider other options as well.

You might want to have a look at www.poundhost.com and go the dedicated route with that spec. You might want to have a look at www.poundhost.com and go the dedicated route with that spec.
    unable to find anything with 4GB of RAM or do you mean to ask them for anything customized?

fully managed 4gb ram VPS - $69.99/month
    don't have anything against, just seems to be good to be true

Hi,
    Try up2vps.com ,they have excellent customer support and performance vps. I know that because I have a vps from them.
    They currently have XEN150 plan that fits your over your requirement. You might want to get a better price by contacting them for custom vps.

Please have a look here: http://up2vps.com/xen.php

You could also try SuperSpecialServers plans, they offer professional vps/dedicated services and there networks are quite fast.
    They have a 1CPU Core plan with 4GB ram/500GB Diskspace and other features but I think you need to contact them to fit your needs.

Their link is here: http://www.superspecialservers.com/cart.php?gid=34
    I hope you browse around that site and they have been online for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by lioneye View Post
    I had found this today, but can't vouch on services

hostmonsterz.info

fully managed 4gb ram VPS - $69.99/month
    as seen here - http://tinypic.com/r/2moa1dj/7
    Lol, never go with a company who is using an .info domain (which is only $2). If they can't afford a .com domain from the beginning then they can't afford running the whole business.

If you got the money, go with a popular service provider such as KnownHost, I consider VPSLatch as a budget premium service provider.

Alan, fight the insanity. You're right about your instincts. If it sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is. ALWAYS trust your first instinct.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

For those who're recommending a dedicated over a VPS:
    A 4GB VPS costs about $60-$150 at most providers. A dedicated costs lower but there is a significant performance penalty attached with the dedicated servers. A VPS in this range allows access to a much better CPU than a dedicated would allow. A VPS would allow access to much better disk I/O than the dedicated just because of the fact most the the providers offering a 4GB VPS would run on a high-end node. You can't get a raid10 with 4 sas disks with a dedicated still being a lower side of $$

There are a lots of pros in using VPS for a high spec VPS than a dedicated you just can't ignore them.
    CurlHost - Affordable VPS/Dedicated Servers!
    Multiple Locations! We're right beside you!

Quote Originally Posted by tepid View Post
    For those who're recommending a dedicated over a VPS:
    A 4GB VPS costs about $60-$150 at most providers. A dedicated costs lower but there is a significant performance penalty attached with the dedicated servers. A VPS in this range allows access to a much better CPU than a dedicated would allow. A VPS would allow access to much better disk I/O than the dedicated just because of the fact most the the providers offering a 4GB VPS would run on a high-end node. You can't get a raid10 with 4 sas disks with a dedicated still being a lower side of $$

There are a lots of pros in using VPS for a high spec VPS than a dedicated you just can't ignore them.
    I think you'd be surprised. $150 is enough to get a modern quad core xeon, 4gb or more ram, and raid 1 hard drives. In other words, about the same specs as the VPS server itself, except you don't have to share it with anyone. Some providers will be cheaper, some more expensive. I'm not saying the OP needs a dedicated server, but I am saying that $150 for the VPS he's looking for is well above what it needs to cost.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Try Linode or Slicehost they provide Xen VPS

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    I think you'd be surprised. $150 is enough to get a modern quad core xeon, 4gb or more ram, and raid 1 hard drives. In other words, about the same specs as the VPS server itself, except you don't have to share it with anyone. Some providers will be cheaper, some more expensive. I'm not saying the OP needs a dedicated server, but I am saying that $150 for the VPS he's looking for is well above what it needs to cost.
    For example: http://www.singlehop.com/servers/S-E3110.php or http://www.singlehop.com/servers/S-E7400.php may well fit and SingleHop are pretty good - not seen any issues with the server we have with them over the last year.

At the end of the day, its your choice and there are a lot of options, each with its own pros and cons. A dedicated server is probably the least complex system, meaning that its less likely to go wrong, and cloud services are probably the most complex - see the various SAN issues at VPS.net as examples of these
    Toby