Can anyone beat these specs for this price?

I don't really want to use this company, but I feel almost compelled to since the specs (especially the SSD) for the price are insane.

* Intel Xeon X3440 Quadcore
    * 8 GIGS of DDR3-RAM ECC
    * 2x 1,000 GB SATA II HDDs, 5,400rpm; RAID 1
    * Solid State - 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    * 5,000 GB data transfer
    * Free PLESK 9.x (10 Domains)
    * 100 MBit Switchport connection

All for $119 per month, no setup.

Does anyone know of a dedicated server that can compare to this?
    Please let me know of one that can give me as good or better for a lower price, cause I am ready to buy in the next 2 days.

Thanks in advance,

Any location requirement?

USA ideally.

In this case, I believe volumedrive can beat it.
    But you may have to wait because they are out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigo Network View Post
    In this case, I believe volumedrive can beat it.
    But you may have to wait because they are out of stock.
    Everything they have is sold out...what kind of company is that?

They had a great sale in WHT, they sold about 300 servers if I remember right.
    Now they are out of stock, I have no personal experience with them btw.

Anyone else come close in terms of specs for the price?
    And about class C blocks of IPs, know any hosts that give you these if you have SSL certificates?

Good luck, would have to be a really desperate company or cutting major corners in more than a few places
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Sounds like ServerLoft. Doubt you'll be able to beat it unless Burst has something up their sleeve.

It's not easy to find similar deals. Those providers are the cheapest around.

Personally, I refuse to pay extremely low price for a high end server because no matter what I do, I wont get what's advertised or at least something will go wrong.
    I learned this lesson from server4you.

Keep in mind that any company has to make a profit, if they are selling too cheap, then they have to give up a lot of stuff to save cash otherwise they will be losing money.
    And I doubt any company will be happy to lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM View Post
    Sounds like ServerLoft. Doubt you'll be able to beat it unless Burst has something up their sleeve.
    ya, it is serverloft. but i'm not sure what to make of their service (or lack-thereof). no one on live chat for past 2 days...bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by PHPIntensive View Post
    Your Intel Xeon X3470 2.93 GHz server out of Cinci looks pretty good. Gets a little pricey with cPanel added...i assume that's 25 extra / month, right? Maybe we can talk?
    Maybe you can. PM them.

You can only be so cheap man.. you'll be sorry probably even at the $120 price for that spec.
    AS395558

That price looks rather low for that configuration. As others have said, the provider is either cutting serious corners, or is just plain desperate, neither of which is a good sign.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Keep in mind that any company has to make a profit, if they are selling too cheap, then they have to give up a lot of stuff to save cash otherwise they will be losing money.
    And I doubt any company will be happy to lose money.
    DING DING DING

Reason why I host servers with companies that tend to be more expensive. Yes, I can get quality from a lower end provider, but getting quality from a quality provider helps me sleep at night.

I have experience with them. I currently have a core2 quad with 4 gig ram with them. GREAT server and the network seems solid so far. The best part is they have been in business for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott04 View Post
    I have experience with them. I currently have a core2 quad with 4 gig ram with them. GREAT server and the network seems solid so far. The best part is they have been in business for awhile.
    Glad to see positive feedback and that certain companies can actually deliver expected service without "cutting corners" as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    Glad to see positive feedback and that certain companies can actually deliver expected service without "cutting corners" as mentioned above.
    Your support has been great with me. The server has been great. The network is so far great for me. I will be ordering another couple servers once you get more stock. Already have a dedicated and 2 vps with you right now. I would recommend VD to anyone looking for a server.

Me too waiting for a long time to get a dedi from VD.but it's always out of stock .