Red face Need Urgent Help Please :(

i got new server, i requested dc to make custom partitions i wanted to have more space for /tmp and swap to be 12gb , they did it and installed cpanel for me , i moved one account two days back and tried to do second today , i got shocked to see warning that my home directory is full, upon verifying i saw /home is mounted on some /dev/root (8gb in size) instead of "/" which is 1.4tb in size , please let me know how i change home to bigger partition without data loss

Have you already tried this:

Copy your data to the / directory.
    Unmount the /home partition and remount it on the '/' partition. Make sure the /home directory exists, otherwise it won't work
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

can i know commands to use please , never did this before .

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBoost View Post
    Have you already tried this:
    Copy your data to the / directory
    A decent advice - but in this case it seems obvious that the OP is very unexperienced. I believe we can only advice the OP to have a experienced and trustworthy system administrator fix the problem for him.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 03-21-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    A decent advice - but in this case it seems obvious that the OP is very unexperienced. I believe we can only advice the OP to have a experienced and trustworthy system administrator fix the problem for him.
    Dito, however this is something his host should resolve (free of charge!). Managed or unmanaged.
    This is an obvious failure during setup.
    Last edited by Mikej0h; 03-21-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: texual changes, easier reading :)

Yeah, try contacting your provider and see if they can assist you on this if you don't know how to do this.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal