Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problems with XeHost?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here who uses hosting services from XeHost is having problems. Recently there have been spurts of downtimes, and some pages on the XeHost website itself seem to be 404'ing -- this all had me thinking for a few days that XeHost might be having money problems and closing shop (...it's the times).

But anyway - my problem is that I cannot login -- and it seems I cannot even retrieve/reset my password ( this page: https://clients.xesolutions.net/passwordreminder.php seems to be not working -- it does _not_ send me a link to have me reset my password). I have been trying to contact Xehost -- from really every way I could (calling their 1888 support phone line, e-mailing them through NUMEROUS addresses)... and they just do not respond to me. I'm confused about what I can do now.

I would greatly appreciate any words of response and advice on what action of recourse I should take.
    Thanks,
    -yon8
      0 Not allowed!

Do you know what server you are on at all?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    Do you know what server you are on at all?
    NS1.PROTO-HOST.COM
    NS2.PROTO-HOST.COM

Btw am I correct in assuming that you're somehow affiliated with the XeHost company?

*Editted
    Last edited by yon8; 03-13-2011 at 01:33 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

This page is the correct page I think, and seems to be working in and out. Maybe some DNS issues.

https://clients.xesolutions.net/passwordreminder.php
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by yon8 View Post
    NS1.PROTO-HOST.COM
    NS2.PROTO-HOST.COM

Btw am I correct in assuming that you're somehow affiliated with the XeHost company?

*Editted
    Incorrect, I am in no way affiliated with XeHost

They are still posting on Twitter though:
    http://twitter.com/#!/xesolutions

Seems they were having some server issues but they seem recently fixed.

This page is the correct page I think, and seems to be working in and out. Maybe some DNS issues.
    But look at the button and put something in the box and test, it does not work.
    http://www.screen-shot.net/ss/114667558992320473.png
      0 Not allowed!

Incorrect, I am in no way affiliated with XeHost

They are still posting on Twitter though:

Seems they were having some server issues but they seem recently fixed.

Yep, that's apparently the case for both of those reset-my-password pages. Which leaves me sh!t out of luck, because I'd really needed to make a few changes on my webpage.
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, that's apparently the case for both of those reset-my-password pages. Which leaves me sh!t out of luck, because I'd really needed to make a few changes on my webpage.
    What avenues have you used to contact them, if any?
      0 Not allowed!

What avenues have you used to contact them, if any?
    Phone (1888 number listed on their website), e-mail, e-mail to persons who previously gave support (I happened to have their e-mails in my inbox)

On phone they seem not to answer -- "no person available to take the call"

Beside that, they're completely ignoring my e-mails
      0 Not allowed!

Keep in mind that it is the weekend and many hosts have slower response times during weekends.

http://www.screen-shot.net/ss/114667558992320473.png
    Ahh... I did not notice that.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!
      0 Not allowed!

Contact Sean via PM here on WHT

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=117431
    UnderHost.comOffshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp CloudUSA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Caribbean - United States - Russia
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UnderHost View Post

--url--
    I think I cannot send anyone a PM on these forums --this is some anti-spam measure, I think, (based on some value-point system I'm still a "newbie" apparently).

I have tried e-mailing this guy directly before though, and he didn't respond.
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=117431
    His last activity was 10 days ago on the 3/3/11, not sure if this will help any quicker

Have you tried e-mailing Support@xehost.net?
      0 Not allowed!

His last activity was 10 days ago on the 3/3/11, not sure if this will help any quicker

Have you tried e-mailing Support@xehost.net?
    Don't think I tried that specific one.

Well, e-mail sent just now. *fingers crossed*
      0 Not allowed!

Well, e-mail sent just now. *fingers crossed*
    Good Luck, let us know how things go
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here who uses hosting services from XeHost is having problems. Recently there have been spurts of downtimes, and some pages on the XeHost website itself seem to be 404'ing -- this all had me thinking for a few days that XeHost might be having money problems and closing shop (...it's the times).

But anyway - my problem is that I cannot login -- and it seems I cannot even retrieve/reset my password ( this page: https://clients.xesolutions.net/passwordreminder.php seems to be not working -- it does _not_ send me a link to have me reset my password). I have been trying to contact Xehost -- from really every way I could (calling their 1888 support phone line, e-mailing them through NUMEROUS addresses)... and they just do not respond to me. I'm confused about what I can do now.

I would greatly appreciate any words of response and advice on what action of recourse I should take.
    Thanks,
    -yon8
    The forgot password feature is working fine, check your SPAM/Bulk mail folder for the e-mails. Alternatively, feel free to submit a ticket to our sales department at http://clients.xehost.net (this does not require account login). We can provide you your account login information there.
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost
      0 Not allowed!

Another hosting issue (seemed to be resolved) on WHT ! Yay lol. What would hosts do without this forum lol.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    The forgot password feature is working fine, check your SPAM/Bulk mail folder for the e-mails. Alternatively, feel free to submit a ticket to our sales department at http://clients.xehost.net (this does not require account login). We can provide you your account login information there.
    Don't think it is chief, look at the screenshot that was posted, or even go to the page and put in a bunk email, or a legit one and click the button that has no text on it.

It doesn't redirect you, nor provide the "No client account was found with the email address you entered" error message.
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear your troubles.

I hope it gets resolved.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi XeSean--

I have been checking my junk folder, I see nothing from XeHost there
      0 Not allowed!

Hi XeHSean,

Could you please give me an estimate as to how much time this might take?

And I actually did submit a ticket on that page a little over 2 weeks or so ago, by the way -- and I've still heard nothing back for that ticket (interestingly, not even a confirmation e-mail - that I would normally expect to receive as soon as submitting the ticket).

Thanks again - and have a nice day.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi XeHSean,

Could you please give me an estimate as to how much time this might take?

And I actually did submit a ticket on that page a little over 2 weeks or so ago, by the way -- and I've still heard nothing back for that ticket (interestingly, not even a confirmation e-mail - that I would normally expect to receive as soon as submitting the ticket).

Thanks again - and have a nice day.
    All of our tickets are responded to within 15 minutes, obviously you are not getting our e-mails.

Please shoot me a PM or e-mail me directly at sean.frank [at] xesolutions [dot] net so that I can help you get into your account and also investigate why you are not receiving e-mails from us.

Thanks,

Sean
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

All of our tickets are responded to within 15 minutes, obviously you are not getting our e-mails.

Please shoot me a PM or e-mail me directly at sean.frank [at] xesolutions [dot] net so that I can help you get into your account and also investigate why you are not receiving e-mails from us.

Thanks,

Sean
    Hi Sean --

I have been doing both of those things. I sent you a PM on these very forums 2 days ago (with information about my host account, etc.) -- and I see in my sentbox that I've sent you an e-mail on the address that you just gave about 5 times within the last 3 or 4 days. I am able to send other people e-mails and they tell me they receive them -- are you sure my e-mails aren't going to _your_ junk folder?

Anyway, on a brighter note, I can report of some resolution. I remember that my old laptop had the passwords "remembered" in the FTP clients on it... so I was able to just login (without entering my password) and retrieve the files I had wanted. So at this point in time the matter is of lesser urgency. I think there's actually a Windows utility which can reveal input passwords like my instance -- I'll give that a try and seeing if it tells me my password.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Sean --

I have been doing both of those things. I sent you a PM on these very forums 2 days ago (with information about my host account, etc.) -- and I see in my sentbox that I've sent you an e-mail on the address that you just gave about 5 times within the last 3 or 4 days. I am able to send other people e-mails and they tell me they receive them -- are you sure my e-mails aren't going to _your_ junk folder?

Anyway, on a brighter note, I can report of some resolution. I remember that my old laptop had the passwords "remembered" in the FTP clients on it... so I was able to just login (without entering my password) and retrieve the files I had wanted. So at this point in time the matter is of lesser urgency. I think there's actually a Windows utility which can reveal input passwords like my instance -- I'll give that a try and seeing if it tells me my password.
    I just checked and do not have any PM from you. I may have accidently skipped over your e-mail as I do receive quite a lot daily, I will go through my inbox in a few minutes.

Sean
      0 Not allowed!

I just sent a PM to you now yon8
      0 Not allowed!

I just checked and do not have any PM from you. I may have accidently skipped over your e-mail as I do receive quite a lot daily, I will go through my inbox in a few minutes.

Sean
    I think the reason the PM may not have been sent was because my account on these forums is a 'newbie' one, so I think preventing me from posting URL's and sending PM is a spam-prevention measure. In any case, I think the message I sent to you a few minutes ago should have in fact been sent.

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast