Cool A little help here fellas

Looking for some recommendations for good shared hosting companies. Linux o course ... specific intention of putting up some Wordpress sites. Though set to be a CMS/static, rather than for normal wordpress blogging.

Would appreciate it if some of the experienced webmasters here could share their experiences in the hosting arena. It's getting tiring digging through affiliate spam, fake reviews and nonsense to try to isolate some decent web hosting companies.

Been at this for several dys now. Found a few prospects. But would still like to hear the voice of experience from some of the old hands here.

Could you recommend the real deal shared hosts. That give good quality and keep it consistent ? Instead of overselling the hades out of their shared boxes etc.

Thanks in advance gals/guys.

PS ... please don't share affiliate links folks.

Try searching for reviews here on WHT. The reviewers get their domain names verified by moderators.
    ~ @PreetamJinka

Hello and Welcome to WebHostingTalk.

Affiliate links are NOT allowed anywhere here on WHT, so that should not be a problem.

Do you have any specific requirements? Disk Space, Bandwidth, Software, Control Panel, Location...

Wordpress doesnt take much resources so shouldnt be too hard to find a good host
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Finding a host shouldn't be too difficult. Try to be specific on how many sites you're going to want to put up. Most hosts will be able to support what you're doing, it just comes down to the disk space. If you're not sure, try and call one of your prospects and see if they'll help you figure things out. That way you can test the CS in the process.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

What is your budget? This is important to find you a quality and reliable host.

Quote Originally Posted by checkingthisout View Post
    Found a few prospects. But would still like to hear the voice of experience from some of the old hands here.
    Care to share some of the web hosting companies you are considering? That should get the ball rolling.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by checkingthisout View Post
    Looking for some recommendations for good shared hosting companies. Linux o course ... specific intention of putting up some Wordpress sites. Though set to be a CMS/static, rather than for normal wordpress blogging.

Would appreciate it if some of the experienced webmasters here could share their experiences in the hosting arena. It's getting tiring digging through affiliate spam, fake reviews and nonsense to try to isolate some decent web hosting companies.

Been at this for several dys now. Found a few prospects. But would still like to hear the voice of experience from some of the old hands here.

Could you recommend the real deal shared hosts. That give good quality and keep it consistent ? Instead of overselling the hades out of their shared boxes etc.

Thanks in advance gals/guys.

PS ... please don't share affiliate links folks.
    I had a reseller account at Dathorn.com for 7 years, and it was great for Wordpress sites. My forums ended up getting too big, and Andrew doesn't offer a VPS solution, so I moved to MDDHosting. I can recommend them as well; both companies have fast support and good, stable servers. Dathorn only does reseller accounts, but MDDHosting also has shared hosting, VPS and dedicated servers (in addition to reseller hosting).

I would recommend checking the offers section. There is plenty of good hosting companies to choose from.

*Try searching the forum for review before choosing a hosting company.

HostGator is also a good choice for WordPress sites.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Some thoughtful advice, I really appreciate it fella's. Will definitely act on the tips you've given. Sorry I was spacing off digging around the internet as usual. Or I'd have replied sooner.

Think I'm well on my way to getting things sorted. With some help from you all. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to post. Situation more or less under control.

There are a lot of companies, but I advise you to choose a large company and famous

Quote Originally Posted by ALFNAN View Post
    There are a lot of companies, but I advise you to choose a large company and famous
    I wouldn't say that it needs to be that large and famous. It all comes down to your requirements, and the support you get.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

I'm a small reseller, appealing to a certain niche, so its not surprising that I disagree with you. "Large and famous" often equates to substandard, in my view.

I choose my own hosts the way my customers choose me: I want to know who the owner of the company is, and know what kind of person they are. I don't want to be anonymous; I want the relationship to mean something. I like to think that if I was ever in Missouri I could call on my old host and buy him lunch, or if I was ever in Indiana I could give Mike at MDDHosting a shout and buy him a beer. Not that I have ever done that, but I want my business relationships to have that kind of connection.

Life is too short to be "Customer Number B46227".

Besides which, I think the OP was asking for personal recommendations of companies. Referring people to Google or even the offers forum here is not much help. People asking for referrals are not asking for tutorials; they want real recommendations from real people.

sometimes the larger companies have hidden fees or only allow for 1 domain so be careful and make sure you do your research

I agree with the two above posts. I have received great hosting from RailsPlayground.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

I go with micfo.com and knowhost.com. All good. If you buy the fantastico package you will also install some free cms- in seconds ( wordpress included ).
    Also used 247-host.com with good results.
    Take a look maybe you would like something.
    Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    I'm a small reseller, appealing to a certain niche, so its not surprising that I disagree with you. "Large and famous" often equates to substandard, in my view.

I choose my own hosts the way my customers choose me: I want to know who the owner of the company is, and know what kind of person they are. I don't want to be anonymous; I want the relationship to mean something. I like to think that if I was ever in Missouri I could call on my old host and buy him lunch, or if I was ever in Indiana I could give Mike at MDDHosting a shout and buy him a beer. Not that I have ever done that, but I want my business relationships to have that kind of connection.

Life is too short to be "Customer Number B46227".

Besides which, I think the OP was asking for personal recommendations of companies. Referring people to Google or even the offers forum here is not much help. People asking for referrals are not asking for tutorials; they want real recommendations from real people.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It's all about the relationship between the customer and the host. +10

What do you mean by famous? I think you have to consider their stability, reliability, customer support, services (which they provides) of a host because these make it number one. To be very honest here HostGator is one of them.