Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EGN-Steve View Post
    I had left out the intermediate details of OS reinstalls, etc. because they aren't relevant to the issue of a refund. They were just products of bad service which made me have less patience for the 4GB of RAM that was missing (it was actually 6GB missing since 2 of the sticks in the box were bad and not registering.) I didn't order custom 4GB DIMMs, I ordered a 16GB server which I would be upgrading to 32GB in the future. If that required the datacenter to order custom DIMM sticks, then JDAnswer shouldn't have been so pushy every day on AIM "Do you know of a ballpark time of when you'll be ready so I can make sure I have the server ready and etc."

The OS was reinstalled for free because when I had requested it be provisioned with Debian, I was provided Ubuntu. The second time it was reinstalled for free because my tech corrupted the file system and they wanted to charge me $50/hour for KVM over IP. So when I asked why that fee was so outrageous they offered the second free OS reinstall. I was still under the assumption my box would have 16GB of ram by Monday during those incidents.

When I made my post yesterday HostPolar had denied my request for a refund, canceled my service, and JDAnswer had blocked me on AIM and stopped replying to emails. I was not offered a refund until after they saw this post, I'm assuming. I have not received any refund yet but will update the post.
    What email did you send an email to? We didn't receive any, I'll check now. I have contacted you on how you would like to process the refund. We understand the issues that came along the way with the RAM, I apologized for this and tried to offer a months credit for the issue, we understand you needed to get a box up and running for your clients. We wish you the best of luck.

2. I find it quite disgraceful that the host wasn't prepared to offer you a refund on a faulty service, which was cancelled. However, legal action will be hard, I would continue spreading the words of caution about the site, and maybe threaten with legal action to get a refund.

However, I am no lawyer, so consider the possibility of those two acts potentially damaging any case you do have against them.

Best Regards,
    Rhys Dawes.

<<signatures to be setup in your profile only>>
    Last edited by sirius; 02-25-2011 at 09:22 PM.

MikeDVB -

I was just trying to give you some input. I realize you were speaking in general, and obviously all lawyers have their own input. The argument here is not between you and I, it is with HostPolar and you the client. From an arbitrary perspective I was giving you my knowledge. I'm well aware you can be thrown out of court for venue, which can be defended by either side.

Every counter argument you posted was "in general" or its "not that clear cut" ... i'm obviously giving Law 101 and guaranteed specifics. All good lawyers find ways to win, no matter if the law is clear cut or not. But sorry if I caused you any grief just trying to give some 3rd party input.

We are currently processing the clients refund, will update the thread when completed.

Quote Originally Posted by RadsterHosting View Post
    I find it quite disgraceful that the host wasn't prepared to offer you a refund
    From the above it seems they are prepared to offer the refund...

Quote Originally Posted by RadsterHosting View Post
    refund on a faulty service, which was cancelled.
    Not necessarily faulty service. It was more a timing issue and could not provide the goods necessary for the order. Faulty service sounds more to me like the server went online/offline constantly.

Client has been refunded.

thank you for update.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    thank you for update.
    Not a problem, the OP should chime in here soon and confirm we have refunded him.

Quote Originally Posted by JDAnswer View Post
    Not a problem, the OP should chime in here soon and confirm we have refunded him.
    Got a refund of $200.

This just goes to show how different peoples experiences can be. We have had a VPS with Host Poler for nearly a month now and there support and service has been extremely good. We have had no downtime and they have gone out of their way to help us get setup.

I hope this one unfortunate incident doesn't go against all the good they do

Quote Originally Posted by akpc View Post
    This just goes to show how different peoples experiences can be. We have had a VPS with Host Poler for nearly a month now and there support and service has been extremely good. We have had no downtime and they have gone out of their way to help us get setup.

Thanks for the extra information on HostPolar - JD glad things were resolved and the refund was issued, you did the right thing in my eyes at least.

Got a refund of $200.

Glad to hear that.

Thanks for the kind comments akpc. We are glad we are living up to your expectations, we will always do everything and anything possible to help out a client, clients are always the number one priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Thanks for the extra information on HostPolar - JD glad things were resolved and the refund was issued, you did the right thing in my eyes at least.
    Thanks Techy, we have no reason to hold a clients money and especially for $200. We are glad that we were able to resolve the issue with the OP.

Have a great day!

According to their website http://www.hostpolar.com/about.htm

Host Polar was founded in March 2011. Based out of New York, Host Polar has servers in New York City, Dallas and Chicago.
    [Hostegic] [Features: Softaculous | RvSitebuilder | R1Soft backups | LiteSpeed | Cloudlinux | CloudFlare]
    [Location: UK] [Platforms: Linux - cPanel | Windows - WebsitePanel/Plesk]
    [Solutions: Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Virtual Private Servers - Xen/OpenVZ]
    [Guarantees: 24/7 Helpdesk Support | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee]

Got a refund of $200.
    What about the other 63.99? or thats the agreement you guys came to in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Deth View Post
    What about the other 63.99? or thats the agreement you guys came to in the end?
    The OP requested a $200 refund and that's the agreement we came up with.

Sounds good to me... as long as your both happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12