Best shared host with Apache, cpanel & unlimited domains & databases?

Hey guys..... I don't usually deal with shared hosts so don't really know that many good ones that are around. I was looking at HawkHost but seems they only deal with LiteSpeed.... client needs to install WP so rather than screw around trying to get it to work on LS I thought would just stick to Apache.

Unlimited domains & MySQL databases would be nice... but not 100% required.

Also, please don't suggest HostGator as I have already ruled them out.

Thanks!

What kind of budget are you looking at?
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

You should have no problems running your scripts on litespeed. If they work on apache, they will work on litespeed.
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    What kind of budget are you looking at?
    Budget isn't important... just looking for reputable hosts among the millions of choices out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocWeb View Post
    You should have no problems running your scripts on litespeed. If they work on apache, they will work on litespeed.
    WP states it requires the apache mod_rewrite module & I did a google search for wordpress on litespeed & read of some messing around you need to do to make it work. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphix View Post
    WP states it requires the apache mod_rewrite module & I did a google search for wordpress on litespeed & read of some messing around you need to do to make it work. No thanks!

It works just fine the exact same mod_rewrite rules work with Litespeed. Litespeed is designed to be near 100% Apache compatible. For common scripts there are no issues as everything they do are common. It's when you deal with obscure things that you typically would only see in custom applications and we haven't seen issues like this in a long time. We have tons of customers running Wordpress and all they do is install it via Fantastico or Softculous. They do nothing else to make it work. Basically if we did not advertise we use Litespeed and said Apache no one would be the wiser that is how compatible it is at this point.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Thanks for the response Tony. If you say it works I'll take your word for it.

I just got a little worried after reading this thread, albeit it is 5 years old: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support...read.php?t=550

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphix View Post
    Thanks for the response Tony. If you say it works I'll take your word for it.

I just got a little worried after reading this thread, albeit it is 5 years old: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support...read.php?t=550
    Yeah thats a long time ago. For shared web hosting now most have it setup to read the Apache configuration files. It then replicates all the Apache functionality. So it's a little different then what is described in that topic. You can run things that way if you had a dedicated server with Litespeed. Which is done when someone wants Litespeed features for their website that requires a dedicated server so they don't need to worry about compatibility of other peoples sites.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Ok great - thanks!

My former host switched the servers to LiteSpeed and it was fine with my Wordpress sites. On a shared host, the configuration will be set, so you will simply install the site as usual. That was with Dathorn.com; Andrew there was top notch and I was with him for 7 years, but my sites outgrew his shared offerings. His lowest cost reseller account is $13 I think, but you get cPanel/WHM, unlimited accounts within the disk/bandwidth (he doesn't allow overselling) unlimited MySQL, etc. His response to support tickets was measured in single-digits most of the time (my average response was 6 minutes). So I do recommend him.

I'm with MDDHosting on a VPS, not shared, so I can't give you personal experience with his shared product. Mike there is very responsive also, and I'm very happy with my VPS there. His basic VPS is "regular apache" so you might consider that.

You could run Litespeed on a VPS without any issues - I'm sure Mike would assist you in licensing and setting it up if you inquire.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    You could run Litespeed on a VPS without any issues - I'm sure Mike would assist you in licensing and setting it up if you inquire.
    Yep, its an option. Don't need it, though; my VPS is "under-utilized" and plenty fast on plain old Apache.