hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Offers : Shared Hosting Offers : Hawk Host :: World Class Hosting With cPanel Softaculous LiteSpeed R1Soft 50% Off

Forum Jump

Hawk Host :: World Class Hosting With cPanel Softaculous LiteSpeed R1Soft 50% Off

Reply Post New Thread In Shared Hosting Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Just got the account info email. Thanks for speedy reply!

Sponsored Links
Old

Hi Tony,

I previously tried to sign up with you. But due to some problems I had to leave hawkhost. Actually I was using wordpress and Jewelry shop theme from themeforest, and I faced some strange issues. At that time I didn't had time to create support ticket and I had to leave.

Now I want to host my different site with you, which is also a wordpress blog. Therefore can you please just confirm that wordpress and its themes run fine in your litespeed servers, I don't want to repeat what has happened in the past, and thereby wasting your's and mine's time. Also let me know if thesis and headway themes run without any problem in your servers. Regarding .htaccess, will I be able to edit it because I think that's related to apache servers, but I want to know about this.

This blog receives some 200 page views per day, and I am considering your Basic plan, is this correct one for me ? Just reply here and I will be happy to get hosting from you and try one more time. I have heard many good reviews for you, but just wanted to ask about wordpress. Reply as soon as possible.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkglow View Post
Hi Tony,

I previously tried to sign up with you. But due to some problems I had to leave hawkhost. Actually I was using wordpress and Jewelry shop theme from themeforest, and I faced some strange issues. At that time I didn't had time to create support ticket and I had to leave.

Now I want to host my different site with you, which is also a wordpress blog. Therefore can you please just confirm that wordpress and its themes run fine in your litespeed servers, I don't want to repeat what has happened in the past, and thereby wasting your's and mine's time. Also let me know if thesis and headway themes run without any problem in your servers. Regarding .htaccess, will I be able to edit it because I think that's related to apache servers, but I want to know about this.

This blog receives some 200 page views per day, and I am considering your Basic plan, is this correct one for me ? Just reply here and I will be happy to get hosting from you and try one more time. I have heard many good reviews for you, but just wanted to ask about wordpress. Reply as soon as possible.
I pulled up your account and it looks like you cancelled before even consulting with us that there was an issue. After we inquired you said the developer simply said that Litespeed was the issue. I replied shortly after explaining that this is almost certainly not the issue and proceeded to give you some possible things that could be the issue.

We never received a response from you so in case you didn't get it here was our reply to your issue:

Quote:
Litespeed is a drop-in replacement for Apache. There are few compatibility issues all of which we've been able to get fixed as they arise (primarily htaccess and SSI related). It makes little to no sense for a theme to not work on a Litespeed based server unless she's trying to use something that is exclusive to Apache (such as a random module) however that is unlikely. I suppose to put it simply we have thousands of WordPress blogs and websites who experience no issues with the backwards compatibility of Litespeed and run their applications without issues.

The most likely culprit would be something to do with the PHP configuration / versions.

Unfortunately since you've cancelled / the data is gone we can't investigate this further. For future reference you may want to submit a support ticket prior to cancelling as it was likely something silly that could have been resolved fairly quickly.
WordPress is 100% supported and is by far the most popular application on all of our servers. Rewrites and everything you'll need is fully supported - I'm confident that if there won't be any issues running WordPress on our machines .

If you still have concerns feel free to PM me privately or e-mail me at cody[at]hawkhost.com I'd be more than happy to work with you to ensure there won't be anymore issues.

PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X Support!

Last edited by CodyRo; 12-17-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old

Got it. Thanks for the reply and clarification. Will signup and tell you.

Old

Is there any coupons for renew? My hosting package expires in January and I want to continue working with you . Unfortunately my sites have not recorded any profit this year, so I am looking for discounts
@pinkglow, I can confirm you, as a client, wordpress works great on hawkhost.

Old

Hey Tony,

My account recently expired and I wasn't able to renew it in time. If I buy a new plan, is there any way I can get my old data back, or is that all deleted once my account goes inactive?

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costin View Post
Is there any coupons for renew? My hosting package expires in January and I want to continue working with you . Unfortunately my sites have not recorded any profit this year, so I am looking for discounts
@pinkglow, I can confirm you, as a client, wordpress works great on hawkhost.
At this time we do not offer discounts for renewals. You pick a coupon when signing up and you pick either one of the recurring ones around the internet or a one time one. We cannot give the one time large discounts on a recurring basis if that is what you used previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HundredProofSam View Post
Hey Tony,

My account recently expired and I wasn't able to renew it in time. If I buy a new plan, is there any way I can get my old data back, or is that all deleted once my account goes inactive?
Unfortunately if the invoice for the account is now showing as canceled then it is not possible to retrieve the data. As at that point it's been overdue for a month and we cannot afford to keep the data forever.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Do you allow mp3 (legal) hosting
i need around 2 gb space 20gb b/w
avg file size 4mb
5000 monthly downlods so arround 200/day
and a wordpress running in front (1k visitors/day)

Old
Web Hosting Guru

I just signed up about 30 min. ago after utilizing their Live Chat feature. As of this moment, they are already starting the transfer process from my old host. I love them so far, and once the initial setup is done, generally speaking, there ins't much of a need for support, although its been great in the short time I've been with them. I'll update everyone after a few days and also months.

I also think this is a great deal, and I appreciate the fact that they don't offer these so called "unlimited plans."

-Kyle

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furious001 View Post
Do you allow mp3 (legal) hosting
i need around 2 gb space 20gb b/w
avg file size 4mb
5000 monthly downlods so arround 200/day
and a wordpress running in front (1k visitors/day)
If it's legal then it should be fine.

Old

Hey there

couple of days ago, I registered with you but you didnīt accept my request, even thought I just registered a domain with name.com in the same day, Iīm from Morocco, what should I do now ?

Old
Corporate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherik View Post
Hey there

couple of days ago, I registered with you but you didnīt accept my request, even thought I just registered a domain with name.com in the same day, Iīm from Morocco, what should I do now ?
You should probably contact sales if you have not already.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Have 2 accounts with you - both on different IP addresses

So, if I take the 3rd one, could it be on a different IP address as well.

And is there any recurring discount coupon that is on currently ?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire1 View Post
Have 2 accounts with you - both on different IP addresses

So, if I take the 3rd one, could it be on a different IP address as well.

And is there any recurring discount coupon that is on currently ?
This really depends on several things - the only way we can guarantee it is if you purchase a dedicated IP. During the checkout add that you would like to be put on a different IP if possible and we'll do our best.

Old

Hi, i just paid for the hosting plan, but got no welcome email. My invoice no is 38634