Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VexxHost ...

Hi ... after about 4 months using Vexxhost I can only say that I'm 101% satisfied. A few issues popped up here and there, but nothing to speak of and each was rectified, satisfactorily, in about 2 hours, maximum. Today, there was a major problem. My sites were down. After a brief e-mail exchange, Brian Vinison, who runs Vexxhost, called me. We solved the problems in less than 10 minutes. I am one happy customer of Vexxhost, which I strongly recommend.
    http://toolbarqueries.google.com/favicon.ico PR: wait...http://www.google.com/favicon.ico I: wait...http://www.google.com/favicon.ico L: wait...http://toolbarqueries.google.com/favicon.ico Cached: wait...http://search.yahoo.com/favicon.ico I: wait...http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/favicon.ico LD: wait...http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/favicon.ico LD2: wait...http://www.bing.com/favicon.ico I: wait...http://www.alexa.com/favicon.ico Rank: wait...IP: wait...http://whois.domaintools.com/favicon.ico wait...wait...
    [IMG]chrome://seoquake/content/skin/close.gif[/IMG]

What's all that at the end?

Sorry for re-opening an old thread, but I thought this would be better than starting a new one.

Do not get hosting from "VexxingHost," as I have come to know them.

I started out by moving my personal site to them about three or four years ago. The service was great, response was friendly and helpful, and prices were great. I had come from SiteGround, who increased reseller prices by 60% in eighteen months and had weird, hidden limits.

After about six months of personal testing, I began moving all of my reseller clients over to VexxHost's reseller package. They wouldn't help me with the transfer since my previous host didn't have Cpanel backups enabled.

The first year was very well. Great prices and fast service. But since then, my service has been terrible. It's now a regular thing for the sites to go down for multiple hours (or even days) almost every month. As I write this, they are having issues resolving the private nameserver I bought from them, so my clients' websites have been inaccessible for 36 hours at the time of this writing. My own website is separate from the reseller package, but it's addon domains have been extremely reliable. I can post actual URLs if anyone wants to check from your location.

VexxHost's support has dropped to terrible, unresponsive, or sometimes appearing just ignorant. They've moved me between shared61, shared63, and shared64. Resulting from the latest switch, all of my clients have been receiving a huge flood of spam that started on the same day the servers were switched. VexxHost will not acknowledge (or can't trace) this problem, but it was definitely associated with the server switch.

Frequent downtime, DNS resolution, poor support, and more have me looking for a new provider for myself and my reseller clients. Now looking at either Site5 reseller or Crucial Paradigm (unless someone wants to DM some better recommendations).

DO NOT use "VexxingHost"!

Hi ... earlier I wrote that after 4 months I was happy. In the middle of December 2009, about a week after I wrote, with much glow, about the service, it went you know where fast. After a series of failures, disruptions and my up-time slipping to 85%, 70% and, eventually, 40% I left. As another, I went hours, every day, from about 9 am until 5 pm, off line. I had switched at the behest of Brian Vinson, who runs Vexxhost, to a VPS. "Would solve all your issues," said, giving me a good deal if I paid for a year. By March 2010, 4 months after going to a VPS and now down more than up, I moved. At first, Vexxhost wouldn't cancel my account; I have no idea why. The support tech wondered why I would move. In all, I was stiffed for about $500, including commissions on people I brought to Vexxhost. In a few words, Vexxhost apparently lacks the ability to keep it's hosted sites up and running, makes promises it can't keep, enters agreements it can't honour. Vexxhost makes its users look bad, by stiffing friends urged to sign up. These significant shortfalls add up to unintentional dishonesty and dishonest Vexxhost is, as will as unethical and, I suspect, immoral. Nice to get this off my chest. Hope it helps. Thanks for the opportunity.

Looks like they aren't paying attention to anybody. The forums seem to be without staff as well. http://forums.vexxhost.com/

You have to love their policy - Their front site has a "Symbol" Anytime Money Back Guarantee, then there TOS claims:

We have a very simple refund policy. If you cancel your account within 30 days, you will be provided with a full refund excluding setup & domain registration fees ($9.95). Also, if you have purchased more than 1 web hosting package, you are not eligible for refund as by purchasing your 2nd service, you have stated that you agree to the provided service and do not want a refund.
    So technically there is another lie right there, unless you are partially refunded amounts to the value of your hosting "length" in contract terms.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by theRamenNoodle View Post
    Sorry for re-opening an old thread, but I thought this would be better than starting a new one.

Do not get hosting from "VexxingHost," as I have come to know them.

I started out by moving my personal site to them about three or four years ago. The service was great, response was friendly and helpful, and prices were great. I had come from SiteGround, who increased reseller prices by 60% in eighteen months and had weird, hidden limits.

After about six months of personal testing, I began moving all of my reseller clients over to VexxHost's reseller package. They wouldn't help me with the transfer since my previous host didn't have Cpanel backups enabled.

The first year was very well. Great prices and fast service. But since then, my service has been terrible. It's now a regular thing for the sites to go down for multiple hours (or even days) almost every month. As I write this, they are having issues resolving the private nameserver I bought from them, so my clients' websites have been inaccessible for 36 hours at the time of this writing. My own website is separate from the reseller package, but it's addon domains have been extremely reliable. I can post actual URLs if anyone wants to check from your location.

VexxHost's support has dropped to terrible, unresponsive, or sometimes appearing just ignorant. They've moved me between shared61, shared63, and shared64. Resulting from the latest switch, all of my clients have been receiving a huge flood of spam that started on the same day the servers were switched. VexxHost will not acknowledge (or can't trace) this problem, but it was definitely associated with the server switch.

Frequent downtime, DNS resolution, poor support, and more have me looking for a new provider for myself and my reseller clients. Now looking at either Site5 reseller or Crucial Paradigm (unless someone wants to DM some better recommendations).

DO NOT use "VexxingHost"!
    We apologize for all the issues caused by this. Please provide me with your ticket ID and I will personally contact you regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by drgeorgep View Post
    Hi ... earlier I wrote that after 4 months I was happy. In the middle of December 2009, about a week after I wrote, with much glow, about the service, it went you know where fast. After a series of failures, disruptions and my up-time slipping to 85%, 70% and, eventually, 40% I left. As another, I went hours, every day, from about 9 am until 5 pm, off line. I had switched at the behest of Brian Vinson, who runs Vexxhost, to a VPS. "Would solve all your issues," said, giving me a good deal if I paid for a year. By March 2010, 4 months after going to a VPS and now down more than up, I moved. At first, Vexxhost wouldn't cancel my account; I have no idea why. The support tech wondered why I would move. In all, I was stiffed for about $500, including commissions on people I brought to Vexxhost. In a few words, Vexxhost apparently lacks the ability to keep it's hosted sites up and running, makes promises it can't keep, enters agreements it can't honour. Vexxhost makes its users look bad, by stiffing friends urged to sign up. These significant shortfalls add up to unintentional dishonesty and dishonest Vexxhost is, as will as unethical and, I suspect, immoral. Nice to get this off my chest. Hope it helps. Thanks for the opportunity.
    I'm sorry that you had such an experience with us, regarding the cancellation of the shared hosting account, can you please provide us with the ticket ID so I can verify this and look into it?

Also, regarding the issue where your VPS would go down, the issue was that you were getting a lot of simultaneous traffic at the same time, therefore lot of PHP processes were spawning and your VPS was running out of memory, as explained earlier in a ticket.

I apologize once again for that and I'd be more than happy to forward this to my manager to resolve it
    VEXXHOST, Inc.
    Secure & Reliable Hosting Solutions for Developers & Enterprises
    High Performance OpenStack® Public Cloud | Cloud Servers | Web Hosting

Brian, it's nice of you to come in here in attempts to defend your company (despite your excessive spamming on Twitter—search Twitter for "vexxhost," I can't include URLs in the forum yet). My most-recent ticket was NAI-637115. The downtime was so bad, that mon.itor.us told me, "because of continual failure for a duration of 5 hours your test was suspended" (Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM, EDT).

My ticked related to slow and unreliable addon domain access is AFE-650718. Mon.itor.us is still reporting critical errors with the latest being at 9:00 EDT this morning.

I uploaded my mon.itor.us weekly report PDF that reveals the uptime and extremely high average response time. DJosephDesign is my main site under VexxHost's unlimited plan, Noodle.mx is the addon domain having serious response and stability issues, and DustinProductions is under the reseller hosting.

Let's talk about another truth behind VexxHost: "99.9% Uptime Guarantee." I can prove, with simply arithmetic and third-party reports, that VexxHost has failed to provide 99.9% uptime (which means only 8.76 hours of downtime in a year). When I have asked for reimbursement or refund on my account, they informed me that the specific server I was on (I think it was shared64 at that time) was not under a "service level agreement where a provider states that they will maintain a certain service level and if they go below that service level, there can be compensation, therefore securing the service" (Brian Vinson, ticket JWD-470346, May 21, 2010).

Sure, Brian, you may contact me directly, although we have already corresponded through many escalated support tickets. I have given VexxHost enough second, third, fourth, fifth, and more chances after they have assured me, "It won't happen again."

So I'm moving on and finding a provider whom I can trust.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Brian, it's nice of you to come in here in attempts to defend your company (despite your excessive spamming on Twitter—search Twitter for "vexxhost," I can't include URLs in the forum yet). My most-recent ticket was NAI-637115. The downtime was so bad, that mon.itor.us told me, "because of continual failure for a duration of 5 hours your test was suspended" (Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:53 AM, EDT).

My ticked related to slow and unreliable addon domain access is AFE-650718. Mon.itor.us is still reporting critical errors with the latest being at 9:00 EDT this morning.

I uploaded my mon.itor.us weekly report PDF that reveals the uptime and extremely high average response time. DJosephDesign is my main site under VexxHost's unlimited plan, Noodle.mx is the addon domain having serious response and stability issues, and DustinProductions is under the reseller hosting.

Let's talk about another truth behind VexxHost: "99.9% Uptime Guarantee." I can prove, with simply arithmetic and third-party reports, that VexxHost has failed to provide 99.9% uptime (which means only 8.76 hours of downtime in a year). When I have asked for reimbursement or refund on my account, they informed me that the specific server I was on (I think it was shared64 at that time) was not under a "service level agreement where a provider states that they will maintain a certain service level and if they go below that service level, there can be compensation, therefore securing the service" (Brian Vinson, ticket JWD-470346, May 21, 2010).

Sure, Brian, you may contact me directly, although we have already corresponded through many escalated support tickets. I have given VexxHost enough second, third, fourth, fifth, and more chances after they have assured me, "It won't happen again."

I was also on shared64.mtl.net.vexxhost.com for one year starting 3/14/09 and while it started good (i think the server was new) it went down hill pretty fast right after about 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by cagoon View Post
    I was also on shared64.mtl.net.vexxhost.com for one year starting 3/14/09 and while it started good (i think the server was new) it went down hill pretty fast right after about 30 days
    Please PM me with your information and I'll take care of this
    VEXXHOST, Inc.

Sorry again for that, we're always looking to fix those issues that are arising and I can see most sites are loading fine except for Noodle.mx which is a bit slower

We are currently improving our service at the moment and we have not yet rolled out the update on your server. If you would like, we can move that account to the new server and get your feedback.
    VEXXHOST, Inc.

Brian, I can't DM yet, so I have to reply here. I responded via ticket AFE-650718. Can we get my site moved? The terrible delays are preventing my RSS feeds from being updated, which is hurting me after just publishing new content last night.

Brian, I can't DM yet, so I have to reply here. I responded via ticket AFE-650718. Can we get my site moved? The terrible delays are preventing my RSS feeds from being updated, which is hurting me after just publishing new content last night.
    I'll have someone look into that ticket right now.

Thank you.
    VEXXHOST, Inc.

I strongly suggest that all of you leave VexxHost and make sure to disable any PayPal subscriptions.

Here's what happened.

I've been a VexxHost customer for a long time and was pleased with their service in the beginning. However, the servers started failing, customer service started taking longer to respond, and uptime guarantees were broken with no compensation. VexxHost's service was angering my clients and causing them to leave. Finally, I decided to leave web-host reselling.

Normally, simply not paying an invoice would get my services canceled the day after the invoice due date. So I set my reminders and had all my clients move their websites. When the due date came around, PayPal automatically sent two subscription payments. One of these was several years old and actually BELOW VexxHost's invoice.

I immediately caught this error and kindly requested that VexxHost refund the accidental PayPal subscriptions. What followed was a long and unresolved exchange of messages. In short, VexxHost refused to give me my money back for a service that I did not renew.

Move your business elsewhere and make sure that VexxHost can't steal any of your money, because they are set on not giving back what they stole.

My above post deserves an update.

VexxHost's vice president has previously reached out to me in attempts to resolve previous issues. I contacted him directly regarding this billing issue. He took the time to review the correspondence and truly understood my frustration over the incident and has issued the appropriate refunds.

It was quite disappointing that it took this long and this many emails to resolve the issue. But I hope that they've adjusted their workflows and policies enough to prevent issues like this in the future.

In the meantime, I've left the web-host reselling business altogether.

Vexxhost down?

I can't get my emails nor get onto their website.

Have they disappeared? I have vital emails to read from sponsors and can't get access. From this forum, I think I better leave as I get no response twitter either.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit View Post

Have they disappeared? I have vital emails to read from sponsors and can't get access. From this forum, I think I better leave as I get no response twitter either.
    We do not have any outages as of now and our site is loading well for me.

I will get in touch with you via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit View Post

Seems I cannot PM you. Please send an email to support@vexxhost.com and I will make sure someone expects an email from you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12