Thread: Which VPS Panel

Which VPS Panel

Hello, im just starting up a server company, and i would like to know what VPS panel is best, or one which works with WHMCS or has a module for it, and it has to work with windows to make windows VPS and Linux VPS.

and if theres any open VPS software about for windows would be great

thanks

CobbyJ

we are using solusvm now. quite good.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

If you are using Hyper-V on Windows systems, you can consider DotNetPanel. We are using it and it works very well with simple interface and setup.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-ay View Post
    we are using solusvm now. quite good.
    A lot of people seem to be going with either SolusVM or VePortal these days, but neither will suit the OP's needs since he needs to run Linux and Windows from the same machines.

@OP . . . You could try hypervm, as it works with xen, but I wouldn't recommend it at this time as it still seems to have security issues pending resolution.

You might also try looking at VSControl http://www.devpond.com/vscontrol/ since it works with xen, though I don't know whether or not it supports management of windows guests.
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

What are you going after here, something that is easy to automate and manage? How much experience do you have managing servers and how knowledgeable are you about the virtualization technologies offers nowadays (I know there's quite a few)?

The one we're currently using is AppLogic from 3tera.com and we couldn't be any happier, but there isn't a WHMCS module for it - not yet anyways

Try to give us a little more insight towards what you're hoping to accomplish and what services you're targeting.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Solus is supposed to have xen support soon but I'm not sure when "soon" really is sadly.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

vePortal I would high recommend! It wont do your windows "yet" as its only openVZ but great bit of software with regular updates.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

We use veportal panel on our VPS (based on OpenVZ)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Solus is supposed to have xen support soon but I'm not sure when "soon" really is sadly.
    Xen support in itself is almost finished now, just fishing up the last few network related bits and then it needs to be tested. I cant give a guaranteed date but next week at some point is doable.

im new to VPS, i have uses things like virtualbox and virtual pc for a while, and i know bits of linux, thats why i want to start of with windows VPS's.

from what i have found out so far you have to have a Control Panel and an actual program?

so im only looking for windows solutions.

can any one shed any more light on this?

Thanks

AFAIK this is the only control panel for Hyper-V (the windows hypervisor) http://www.dotnetpanel.com/vps/
    Ask me about CloudCentrum (coming soon) -- The complete, turn-key cloud software solution

you could use cpanel trial version and then use openVZ it works quite fine.

does openvz work on windows? and able to have virtual windows?

No OpenVZ can only run Linux, to run windows you will need something like ESXi, XEN, Hyper-V
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Quote Originally Posted by CobbyJ View Post
    so im only looking for windows solutions.

can any one shed any more light on this?

Thanks

Why you need the windows? This is no good for working on the server(it's my opinion)
    I think windows in not good choiсe for VPS (or dedicated) solution
    VPS (or dedicated server) it's not your home workplace. This is the serious deal in inet. And you need the real protection for this.

You could look at setting up VMs on Citrix XEN Server, Or VMWare ESXI They are now both free, and you can then load and create both windows and Linex vms, both product has a number of application that allow you to control a cluster of host machines that have pool of vms. Citrix is given that element free away as well. Not sure if VMWare has followed suit.

Currently experimenting with Citrix Xen server, for internal r&d testing’s. So far impressed. Citrix Xen server has a number of pre defined templates for many O/S Distributions.

Dose not have windows 7 yet, but they have Windows 2008, as well as many linex distributions and windows distribution and one for their main product i.e Citrix XenApp (That you pay for).

Worth looking at.
    Peterkin IT Solutions Ltd (company No: 06471029 (England and Wales) –
    UK Vat Number:GB926 6537 96
    E-mail: sales[at] peterkinitsolutions.co.uk
    Shared Hosting - Reseller hosting - Dedicated Servers - VPS – Colocation, Turnkey Websites

Quote Originally Posted by mpeter1978 View Post
    You could look at setting up VMs on Citrix XEN Server, Or VMWare ESXI They are now both free, and you can then load and create both windows and Linex vms, both product has a number of application that allow you to control a cluster of host machines that have pool of vms. Citrix is given that element free away as well. Not sure if VMWare has followed suit.

Currently experimenting with Citrix Xen server, for internal r&d testing’s. So far impressed. Citrix Xen server has a number of pre defined templates for many O/S Distributions.

Dose not have windows 7 yet, but they have Windows 2008, as well as many linex distributions and windows distribution and one for their main product i.e Citrix XenApp (That you pay for).

Worth looking at.
    +1 for XenServer, but it doesn't have any end-user features built-in at this time and the OP is asking for a control panel.