Exclamation please i need your experience with hivelocity termination TOS !

hello,
    i'm planning to join hivelocity ( rent a dedicated server),i'l use PAYPAL for month-to-month service payment ( no long term contract)
    but i'v no idea about the hivelocity Termination terms & any expected fees from their part.
    Rob (hivelocity billing operator) has told me that in order for me to terminate their server,i'l need to request termination 15 days before the due date, till now it's ok,but what i don't know is their expected fees or maybe some hidden fees for service termination.
    please, i need anyone (x-hivelocity client)who terminated hivelocity service to clarify this point more.

thnx so much,

I know you are looking for someone outside of Hivelocity to comment on this subject but I thought I would chime in as well.

We do not have any hidden fees. If you cancel your server timely within our stated policies you will not be billed again for service. We prefer a signed form be submitted to cancel for our records, but if you do not have access to a fax or scanner we can certainly help you cancel via phone, email or chat. If you were to request cancellation you can expect an email or call from me personally asking why we are losing your business and a quick pitch from me on changing your mind. That's it!

I know there have been 2 posts recently from customers claiming we falsely billed them, and that is the only reason I am making a comment here. If you read both threads in full you will see a full explanation of those situations and that Hivelocity was not in the wrong in either case. If you read both threads in full you will actually see the fault lies with the OP's false claims and half-truths...and a little bit of language barrier perhaps.

That is all I wanted to say. Good luck with your search and with whomever you end up with. Let Rob know if he can be of further service to you.
    Last edited by hivelocitygm; 11-10-2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by rigliz View Post
    hello,
    i'm planning to join hivelocity ( rent a dedicated server),i'l use PAYPAL for month-to-month service payment ( no long term contract)
    but i'v no idea about the hivelocity Termination terms & any expected fees from their part.
    Rob (hivelocity billing operator) has told me that in order for me to terminate their server,i'l need to request termination 15 days before the due date, till now it's ok,but what i don't know is their expected fees or maybe some hidden fees for service termination.
    please, i need anyone (x-hivelocity client)who terminated hivelocity service to clarify this point more.

thnx so much,
    they dont offer a refund on dedicated servers so might has well use it till the end of the month.

I had a server before with hivelocity and i didn't face any problems when I canceled my server ,, i was unsure how to cancle it
    so i opned the live chat Dave told me i need to fax them a cancelation document signed by me and gave me the link to the PDF file
    i faxed it to them , next day got mail form Steve asking me why i want to cancel the server and kindly offered me good deal to change my mind ,,
    at the end of my billing cycle the server got disconnected just in right time ,,
    so no problems and no hidden fees

When signing up take some time out and read the ToS carefully, hosting industry is a service based business so there are no refunds. And almost all cancellation policy are same in regards to terminate your server, follow the instructions properly and you will be just fine.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Just review the TOS properly when signing up for a service as that's the basics for all businesses.

Big companies like HiVelocity would not scam you and they have a very good reputation here as well.
    More than decade with webhosting!

Quote Originally Posted by mehboobashraf View Post
    Just review the TOS properly when signing up for a service as that's the basics for all businesses.

Big companies like HiVelocity would not scam you and they have a very good reputation here as well.
    Right you should read their TOS properly, if there is something that you don't understand you can contact their support

Thanks for assuring suggestions, will proceed to reading their TOS carefully before signing ,