Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question dnsmadeeasy vs. easydns

Which one do you prefer? What are the pros and cons of each? easydns doesn't specify number of domains and queries.
    Last edited by HD Fanatic; 08-08-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Both are great services. I have used DNS Made Easy longer since they have had an IP anycast environment longer, but EasyDNS we have tested, used, and they are really nice (now using IP anycast environment as well). EasyDNS used to have no overages, but I have heard they do charge for higher traffic domains (need to ask them what that pricing is though).

Using either one, you can not make a wrong choice. So I would just test out each interface and see which one you like better.

I have recently started using DNSMadeEasy and their services are excellent.

I've tried to use DNSMadeEasy but they do not accept clients from my country(Romania). The DNSMadeEasy guy who told me this was very rude in expression. Anyway, that day I was very shocked and frustated
    But all evil to good. Today I use EasyDNS and I'm very satisfied with their services. I've tested the speed and stability of response time of different DNS providers and Easydns, at least in Europe, it's on the top of the list.

Good to know about EasyDNS. Nice to know that someone services Romania. It's nice to see EasyDNS do that and we will make sure we give them the extra kudos for having a good payment processing policy.

Don't many hosting companies often block Romania though? I think it has something to do with the very high fraud rate from IPs in that country, correct? I think GoDaddy and Network Solutions will even block Romania correct?

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy View Post
    The DNSMadeEasy guy who told me this was very rude in expression.
    I left them for the same reason. They will never have my company's business again, even if they're the best service in the world. The irony is that we would have signed up for a Corporate account had they treated us with respect.
    Last edited by ramdak5000; 11-03-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo

EasyDNS seems like a good choice.

I think both of them are good, actually I use easydns

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post

Don't many hosting companies often block Romania though? I think it has something to do with the very high fraud rate from IPs in that country, correct? I think GoDaddy and Network Solutions will even block Romania correct?
    I never had this problem with other companies like godaddy, moniker, amazon, namecheap, paypal etc. With some companies, before the first payment, I had to send them scanned copies of my CC & Identity Card. Until now I haven't used Network Solutions.
    Last edited by whosyourdaddy; 11-04-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy View Post
    I never had this problem with other companies like godaddy, moniker, amazon, namecheap, paypal etc. With some companies, before the first payment, I had to send them scanned copies of my CC & Identity Card. Until now I haven't used Network Solutions.
    Interesting to know. It seems like DNS Made Easy might be a little too strict on where they are blocking users.

I've been using dnsmadeeasy for around a month. Very good!

Quote Originally Posted by jonirvine View Post
    I've been using dnsmadeeasy for around a month. Very good!
    Yes, if you are allowed to purchase the DNS Made Easy services they are really rock-solid. The problem that posters in this thread have found is that they are not allowing users from all countries and have some that they block. I'm sure they have reasons, but they should follow standard hosting practice for which countries they block.

Easydns is great as better interface, when you have several hundred domains, some sort of grouping and sorting would be great!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

I have had good experiences with DNS Made Easy but you can't go wrong with either companies.
    http://www.rskeens.com
    A casual blog mainly about the web hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by ramdak5000 View Post
    I left them for the same reason. They will never have my company's business again, even if they're the best service in the world. The irony is that we would have signed up for a Corporate account had they treated us with respect.
    One of the staff was very rude on a ticket.

I just love DNS Made Easy!

Been using DNS service from them for I guess 2 years now and I have no reason to ever go else ware. I have never had an issue with their staff being rude, and trust me I should know as it look me quite a lot of support time to get the hang of managing my own domains. Can't beat their service for a couple bucks a month!

I was going to go with DNS Made Easy until my CTO found in the TOS that the customer is responsible for all costs involved in a DDOS attack against their domain. They stated that typically that could be around $50,000 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by jpearcy View Post
    I was going to go with DNS Made Easy until my CTO found in the TOS that the customer is responsible for all costs involved in a DDOS attack against their domain. They stated that typically that could be around $50,000 a month.
    Not sure what your point is with this. Are you saying that if you get a DDOS against your DNS that costs a company $50,000 per month you expect them to service you for $14.95 per year.... Are you insane?
    If you leave the water running in your house for the full year while you were on travel do you expect the water company to waive all fees?
    This is standard practice in any industry in any business. You obviously must be pretty new in the hosting industry if you think this is abnormal.
    One of my clients had an attack that lasted 43 hours. Since it was 8 hours over the 95%, they had to pay for it all. This is how business works. If a company did not do this I would consider them strange.

AT&T, Level3, GlobalCrossing, all of the Tier 1s will bill you if you use the bandwidth... it does not matter if you want it or not.

EasyDNS and DNSMadeEasy both appear to have statements in their TOS about this. Even the other IP anycast company I use (UltraDNS) will drop you if you are getting a DDOS against your domain.
    $60 per year or $60 per month does not give you DDOS protection. Pay Prolexic $10,000 per month if you want that. We have clients that use them as well and they are excellent for that... but yes... it does cost you money.

If you service / hosting service works differently please be so kind to put your company name online. I have many hosting clients that have had DDOS attacks that you love using a hosting company that does not charge for attacks and will not even shut them off. If you have a reseller opportunity I would appreciate to know more about that too (PM me). As I am sure I can get you a lot of business.

It is still a valid concern. A potential $50k liability always is.

The difference for hosting, including hosting your own dns, is that the liability can be limited because null-routing of the affected address is a possibility. The host becomes unavailable, but at least the choice is available.

However, a shared service with many clients cannot use this avenue when a particular client is the target of a DDOS.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    Pay Prolexic $10,000 per month if you want that. We have clients that use them as well and they are excellent for that... but yes... it does cost you money.
    UltraDNS pays them so you don't have to.

DME is hardly friendly when it comes to support, EasyDNS on the other hand is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    DME is hardly friendly when it comes to support, EasyDNS on the other hand is awesome.

True, Mark, the owner at EasyDNS often writes about it on his blog. It's almost a mantra with him. The rest of the blog is quite interesting too. It can be found by exploring the links on the main company site.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    UltraDNS pays them so you don't have to.
    UltraDNS does not use Prolexic at all...
    EasyDNS does though. Another good idea to use EasyDNS since they have that extra protection.

In the many years I have used DNS Made Easy and have referred users to DNS Made Easy I have never had a support issue.
    In the many years that I have used UltraDNS I have never had a problem with support other.
    Starting using EasyDNS about a year. They are excellent as well.

Nerdie, what I find to me most interesting about your post is that you are from (or own) EditDNS.
    And if you do a simple search on Twitter right now you will see people screaming how horrible the support is with EditDNS.

Some of them read (and there appears to be tons of them right now):
    " I received no emails about how to migrate to free.editdns.net. Your support refuses to help me recover my settings. help!"
    and
    "I'm in the same shoes re @editdns, clearly they have no intent on attaining satisfied customers"

We have been a long partner of UltraDNS and DNSMadeEasy. Never had a problems with any of their support.
    But for a DNS company blasting competition when there is this much out there about yourself..... Is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast