Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To clarify, we have an automated fraud checking system and we do not manually verify each address by hand. The automated system is pretty good, but in a small minority of cases it will not pick up. If there is just a mistake in the address we will simply ask the client to correct it. However, if the address has been entered such as this:

Thailand
    Thai
    thai
    zk

Then we'll take immediate and prompt action. It's a legal requirement for us (and all other UK providers I should say!) to make sure they know who their clients are. If we become aware we've been given incorrect details intentionally, then we'll have to take action. We would expect an address in this format:

Street Number and Name
    Town/City
    State/Province/County
    Postcode/Zip Code
    Country

Hope this helps explain!
    Ed Butler - RapidSwitch Dedicated Servers
    Call us on 0808 2380033
    Or email sales@rapidswitch.com

Don't know if you already do, but maybe it is better to put a note on the register page like "enter only your full address and not with short codes." or something like that;-)
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

Short codes are fine - it's when someone has intentionally entered an incomplete address we have a problem, for example by repeating the country name for street/city, etc.
    Ed Butler - RapidSwitch Dedicated Servers
    Call us on 0808 2380033
    Or email sales@rapidswitch.com

Don't know which system you are using but my experience with Maxmind is that it not always works correctly.
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

Quote Originally Posted by edb49 View Post
    To clarify, we have an automated fraud checking system and we do not manually verify each address by hand. The automated system is pretty good, but in a small minority of cases it will not pick up. If there is just a mistake in the address we will simply ask the client to correct it. However, if the address has been entered such as this:

Thailand
    Thai
    thai
    zk

Then we'll take immediate and prompt action. It's a legal requirement for us (and all other UK providers I should say!) to make sure they know who their clients are. If we become aware we've been given incorrect details intentionally, then we'll have to take action. We would expect an address in this format:

Street Number and Name
    Town/City
    State/Province/County
    Postcode/Zip Code
    Country

Hope this helps explain!

I swear to God you're a liar I've written in the first time correct and i niver type some thing as u says

This is Not Good if u are Owen DataCenter and you're a liar

And the wisdom to why I am writing an incorrect address

I Advice u dont make some thing like this Again with Customers

A_1, Rapidswitch are a long established company and I would doubt they would suspend someone's servers for spurious reasons. Personally I don't think we've heard the full story from either side, but it is a bit unfair to call someone a liar (and possibly libellous).
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12