Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dedicated servers with unmetered or 30TB+ bandwidth?

Im running my own file host, and in the past few days its just blown up in traffic. I current have "Intel Core2Quad Q9650" package from Limetone. 3ghz Quad, 8GB Ram, 1TB HD, 10TB BW.

I need something that has either unmetered or 30TB+ bandwidth. It should be on 100mbps lines too.

The closest thing I have found are FDCnetworks

What budget do you have in mind?
    • Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu •
    • SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI •
    • Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX •

you have any location preference?
    PraHost.com - Since 2007
    Dedicated Servers - 1GE / 10GE / 25GE / 40GE / 100GE Unmetered Bandwidth | Exclusive Adult & Streaming Friendly Servers
    Data Centers: Netherlands, Germany, UK, Singapore

100mbps unmetered should be easy to find.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

unmetered is easy to find, but having 30TB+ guaranteed will not be that easy, unless you are willing to spend some money.
    • Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX •

Well I currenty pay 185 dollars a month... They are great in everyway except bandwidth upgrades. It costs $1200 for an unmetered line there

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenoidea View Post
    Well I currenty pay 185 dollars a month... They are great in everyway except bandwidth upgrades. It costs $1200 for an unmetered line there
    $1200 for 100Mbits dedicated is a pretty good deal. You could try running your own bandwidth. Get your own bandwidth from Cogent or someone else cheap.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Don't expect this to be terribly cheap as what you are asking for will cost a lot more/ Just curious, which hosting company said they could provide that amount of bandwidth for $1,200/mo?
    Peaktera - Infrastructure as a Service
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation
    Peaktera - www.Peaktera.com

Quote Originally Posted by globichen View Post
    unmetered is easy to find, but having 30TB+ guaranteed will not be that easy, unless you are willing to spend some money.
    Yes I understand that, that's why I'm here asking you guys for the best deal lol

anything between 300 USD and 1000 USD for 100 MBIT/s unshared _and_ guaranteed 24/7 should sound resaonable.

Again as I said before, it will be very easy to find "unmetered", but most unmetered will not be synonym for guaranteed and with 30 TB+ you will need guaranteed :-)

Quote Originally Posted by redrocksdatacenter View Post
    Just curious, which hosting company said they could provide that amount of bandwidth for $1,200/mo?
    that's with limestone

you can find 100mbs unmetered for $350-$800 a month depending on the hardware you require.

You might want to try FDCservers 1 Gbit shared lines. They offer 50Mbit during day and 300Mbit during night, on a 1Gbit line.

The cost was not terribly expensive, around $300/mo I guess.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Just another thought,

Maybe buying your own server equipment and colocating it at uberbandwidth.com would be worth looking at? 100meg line would be $399 per month.

Thanks!
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

You may find it cheaper to get multiple 10TB servers and do some load balancing than a single server with 30TB. Even round robin DNS would probably suffice as the absolute simplest option.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    You may find it cheaper to get multiple 10TB servers and do some load balancing than a single server with 30TB. Even round robin DNS would probably suffice as the absolute simplest option.
    I was going to suggest the same thing - or as a slight tweak run a VLAN between the servers so you can combine the 10tb allotments.

I would have thought FDC would suffice for your needs though.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    You might want to try FDCservers 1 Gbit shared lines. They offer 50Mbit during day and 300Mbit during night, on a 1Gbit line.

The cost was not terribly expensive, around $300/mo I guess.
    Yes I actually got a good quote (280) from them but iv been reading lots of bad reviews about them.

Yes I actually got a good quote (280) from them but iv been reading lots of bad reviews about them.
    Really? Where did you see those? I have only seen one recently but I don't think it was FDCservers fault.
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation

If you need quality product and service, you need to pay a bit more. $1,200 for 100Mbps dedicated port is pretty good for quality bandwidth. If your budget is limited, you don't have much options.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by VINAX View Post
    If you need quality product and service, you need to pay a bit more. $1,200 for 100Mbps dedicated port is pretty good for quality bandwidth. If your budget is limited, you don't have much options.
    I agree. You might be able to find a provider for this amount or less but the quality of bandwidth will be sub-par. You may end up being on a shared line without you knowing it or the provider may shove you out the cheapest peer they have. If this is ok with you, then you don't need to worry but, if you need reliable, consistent and a decent peering provider, expect to pay more; otherwise you will end up on a shared or oversold line.

Gig E Port, 30 TB Transfer( Dedicated) you may go with FDC and choopa ,cost will be around $400
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Yes I understand that, that's why I'm here asking you guys for the best deal lol
    Your best deal is to get two more servers from the same place.

Depending on your hardware needs you can find this for ~$450+/month with guaranteed usage, or a capped port that is not shared that you can peg 24/7.
    ğ ReliableServers.com
    ğ Dedicated Servers | Colocation | VPS
    ğ 973-849-0535

Quote Originally Posted by ReliableServers View Post
    Depending on your hardware needs you can find this for ~$450+/month with guaranteed usage, or a capped port that is not shared that you can peg 24/7.
    Hmm do you work for UnmeteredServers?
    I saw this plan on their site:
    http://www.unmeteredservers.com/plan/100_Mbit

Looks pretty cool to me, and its only $300
    Or am I missing something?

Does it need to be in the US because bandwidth in the Euro tends to be cheap check out swiftnoc they have some pretty hot deals in the offers section

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast