Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RapidSwitch " Warning very important non-trusted

i toke 3 servers from RapidSwitch , 2 runing from 3 month and one vps yasterday ,

today many one of customers calling me the servers not working !

so i open ticket in rapidswitch to tell them there is problem for one server not working from ssh , they told me we will check it ,
    after this is update i see onther ticket open from them sys :

====================================================

Hi,

We have had to suspend your servers because you have not entered a correct address. It is part of our contract that you always enter a working address, please update this as soon as possible - when you have done so we can unsuspend the servers.

Regards,

Ed
    RapidSwitch

=================================================

the right way is datacenter or company contact customer first or suspend all servers first

also i updated them and there is no reply from one hour

what the correct way to raise the issue of this company?

and how can get my date from them

Thank

You broke your contract agreement, I fail to see how it's their fault ?

there is nothing i made in my servers already i renew with them as they ask

Any particular reason why you didn't have an address on file?

If its part of the terms and conditions to have the correct address, and you didn't have the correct address, then they have the right to suspend your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_G View Post
    Any particular reason why you didn't have an address on file?

If its part of the terms and conditions to have the correct address, and you didn't have the correct address, then they have the right to suspend your server.
    Turn the question the other way - is there any reason Rapid switch allowed servers to be provisioned without having checked the address first?! The first thing we do is verify orders for fraud, of which address is one!

Quote Originally Posted by wise View Post
    Turn the question the other way - is there any reason Rapid switch allowed servers to be provisioned without having checked the address first?! The first thing we do is verify orders for fraud, of which address is one!
    this is special answer as Wise answerd
    and they made that after 3 month with them !

Did you tell them that you updated your personal data? I assume they have better things to do than checking their customers addresses on a hourly interval...

i did that some one work on rapidswitch

why they not asked me first before order any server ?

why they not asked me with out suspend my servers ?

Maybe they contacted you at the address you provided earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by |A_1| View Post
    i did that some one work on rapidswitch

why they not asked me first before order any server ?

why they not asked me with out suspend my servers ?

This is not happend

this is special answer as Wise answerd
    and they made that after 3 month with them !
    Don't turn the situation around. YOU made the mistake of not entering a valid address, now suffer for it. YOU broke an agreement first and your dedicated provider has EVERY right to suspend your server. I won't be surprised if they charge you with a re-connection fees and I hope they do charge you!
    HJI Technologies, LLC - A New Uncompromising Experience, Since 2014
    Shared Hosting | Resellers Hosting | VPS Hosting
    Add Incredible Value to YOUR Business | 30-Day Money Back Guarantee*
    Get Started Today! | Sales: (806) 724-8004

Quote Originally Posted by DotXM-Hamza View Post
    Don't turn the situation around. YOU made the mistake of not entering a valid address, now suffer for it. YOU broke an agreement first and your dedicated provider has EVERY right to suspend your server. I won't be surprised if they charge you with a re-connection fees and I hope they do charge you!
    why not turn it around? If the host accepts signups knowing that it does not conform to their TOS etc? At the very least (after three months) they should have contacted before suspending - fault on both sides.

I do however agree that the OP should have used correct address - he doesnt say why it was not?

You people are out of your minds. A server being pulled for TOS violations should be the absolute last ditch effort to resolve a TOS issue with the customer. We have not heard both sides of the story here and i am sure there is more information that what has been given. But some of the replys made based on the information that has been offered up already blows me away.

Based only on the information we have the only way this would be OK is if the customer signed up with a company named "MICKY MOUSE INC" and part of their guarantee was to limit the possible amount of uptime you can achieve with a promise of constant interruption of service and poor customer service

I understand company's have to enforce their TOS as they have a right to. But mistakes happen and i think every option should be exhausted before possibly destroying someones business They have no idea what the customer is doing how critical those servers are to his business or his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by wise View Post
    why not turn it around? If the host accepts signups knowing that it does not conform to their TOS etc? At the very least (after three months) they should have contacted before suspending - fault on both sides.

I do however agree that the OP should have used correct address - he doesnt say why it was not?
    I'd like to hear OP's side as well, why did he not use a correct address in the first place. I'm pretty sure that RapidSwitch has a fraud system in place but maybe that system didn't catch it? No system is perfect and certainly no host/person is perfect. Hell, even ThePlanet makes so many mistakes everyday, yet they gain client's left and right.

I see this at fault of OP in the first place. If OP had used a valid address, the server would have not been disconnected. Looking at RapidSwitch for their system fault is just a petty excuse to cover up the real problem.

Unless their ToS say so they don't have to perform a check when ordering. We always do a check before the order has been accepted with Maxmind but we also check this manually, also then we suspend the service with us.
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

Any idea why he didn't use his real address? I do not want to presume any illegal activities here, but taking this possibility into account, they might have received plenty of complaints from whatever institution and simply looked for a possibility to get rid of that customer...

Until the OP does not give an answer why he didn't use a real address this is nothing but speculation...

Quote Originally Posted by Testtube302 View Post
    You people are out of your minds. A server being pulled for TOS violations should be the absolute last ditch effort to resolve a TOS issue with the customer. We have not heard both sides of the story here and i am sure there is more information that what has been given. But some of the replys made based on the information that has been offered up already blows me away.

Based only on the information we have the only way this would be OK is if the customer signed up with a company named "MICKY MOUSE INC" and part of their guarantee was to limit the possible amount of uptime you can achieve with a promise of constant interruption of service and poor customer service

I understand company's have to enforce their TOS as they have a right to. But mistakes happen and i think every option should be exhausted before possibly destroying someones business They have no idea what the customer is doing how critical those servers are to his business or his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by giga-international View Post
    Any idea why he didn't use his real address? I do not want to presume any illegal activities here, but taking this possibility into account, they might have received plenty of complaints from whatever institution and simply looked for a possibility to get rid of that customer...

Until the OP does not give an answer why he didn't use a real address this is nothing but speculation...
    Anything is possible, that's the main thing I am wondering, why did OP not use his/her real address.

i swaer i used my Address i'm working on this is job like 6 years now i'm not new one

and they finaly unsuspend the servers but there is one server still have issue and not working

A host does not suspend a server for no reason mate, there is always something fishy or wrong. Good to hear they un-suspended one of your servers, they will get your other servers back up as well.

i hope that but i will cancel server s\from them and order from any good UK company

Your only making more work for yourself. RapidSwitch is a good company, but it was at your own fault that this happened. I don't know what else happened behind the scene that I or anyone else is not informed of, but I suggest you stay with them.

You wrote in a post here that you had changed your contact details, why do you have to change this when this was according to your latest posts correct?
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

i'm not changed any thing
    the first time i wrote my details before i recive any info for login and from this is time , exactly before 3 month i'm not changed any thing

i'm not changed any thing
    the first time i wrote my details before i recive any info for login and from this is time , exactly before 3 month i'm not changed any thing
    Ok something doesn't make sense.

You did go in after they suspended you and changed something right? You "fixed" something. What was there to fix if you had the correct address in there the entire time?
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

They asked me in ticket to type my address again and this is Done , they unsuspended servers and i already moved my date to other datacenter can spect customer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast