Hawk Host, I'm Lovin' Them

Hello people!

I've been with Hawk Host now for almost a year. And since it's been many months since my last review of them, I figured I'd follow up on it before the end of the year.

Since I ordered my account I've had nothing but great service from Hawk Host. I don't think I've noticed any downtime and the servers run great. As for customer service, I must say that they're always very nice and helpful. Well, since this isn't my year-long review, I won't get too thorough.

To sum it all up, I'm loving Hawk Host.

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityJJ View Post
    Hello people!

I've been with Hawk Host now for almost a year. And since it's been many months since my last review of them, I figured I'd follow up on it before the end of the year.

Since I ordered my account I've had nothing but great service from Hawk Host. I don't think I've noticed any downtime and the servers run great. As for customer service, I must say that they're always very nice and helpful. Well, since this isn't my year-long review, I won't get too thorough.

Yeah i had an account with them for two months but canceled only because i had no use. Would definatly go back if i ever need a single shared hosting account.

I have also since then have had some of my web design customers sign up with them.
    "Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity." – Dennis Ritchie

I did let my account go in-active with them last month... but signed up again with another domain (I wanted it to be a clean account). Account setup was pretty fast (about 10 minutes).

Always great to here of good hosting.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Nice to hear that someone is growing due recession

Hello people!

Thats great news, and hope everything goes as planned.

Do keep us updated.

An dedicated server provider using a different hosting provider now thats kinda weird, any reason on not running your own server or vps? or its a personal site? i still find it very weird...

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Thats great news, and hope everything goes as planned.

Do keep us updated.

An dedicated server provider using a different hosting provider now thats kinda weird, any reason on not running your own server or vps? or its a personal site? i still find it very weird...
    I'm not a dedicated server provider. I simply work for one. It would be useless to buy a dedicated server that would only run a single website (that is low-traffic).

Heard nothing but great things about HawkHost all the time. They are doing a great job.

I'm not a dedicated server provider. I simply work for one. It would be useless to buy a dedicated server that would only run a single website (that is low-traffic).
    Very true, thanks for the review.

I'm glad to hear you're happy with your service!
    Whitney Godard - Account Manager
    SingleHop Inc. - www.singlehop.com Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 107

Hello people!

Great to hear and I hope it continues to be that way.

I did let my account go in-active with them last month... but signed up again with another domain (I wanted it to be a clean account). Account setup was pretty fast (about 10 minutes).
    You're one of the users I rant about who do not cancel and leave us in the dark If you have no plans on keeping the account cancel rather than us holding the data for months or whatever

It's not just you or exclusive issue for us it seems like all shared hosting if the person does not have a cc on file just not paying they see as a form of canceling. Even with this concept hosts are still expected to keep accounts around in case someone forgot to pay.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Just based on their site they are awesome.

I mean come on! They have a huge @$$ cartoon hawk on their home page. That looks like he will be your friend or kick you in the head if you get out of line.

Oh and reviews are generally 99.9% positive

EDIT: Don't forget the cape

Glad you've had a great experience with them!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    Just based on their site they are awesome.

I mean come on! They have a huge @$$ cartoon hawk on their home page. That looks like he will be your friend or kick you in the head if you get out of line.

Oh and reviews are generally 99.9% positive

EDIT: Don't forget the cape
    Indeed! It is a very cool cartoon hawk superhero

Glad to see a wonderful review. Thanks for sharing it with us. They are one of the providers out here , I have heard only good reviews. Follow up the review in future.

Great to see a good review of a company. If you can do another review in a couple of months time. That would be great.

Funny how no ones asked whether you have reported your domain or not. Maybe because its Hawk Host everyone knows they're good or is it because you work for Hivelocity lol

Anyways thanks for the review

Quote Originally Posted by mash-e1 View Post
    Funny how no ones asked whether you have reported your domain or not. Maybe because its Hawk Host everyone knows they're good or is it because you work for Hivelocity lol

I could vouch for John that he's at HH - if I'm not mistaken I had tried to talk him into signing up with MDD quite a while back but he was happy with HawkHost and as such had no reason to move.

Maybe it's because this isn't my first review of Hawk Host.

@Mike, if I wasn't with HH then I would have signed up with MDD.

Darn me I forgot about the first part of your post bdw does hawkhost have the r1soft backup software

Darn me I forgot about the first part of your post bdw does hawkhost have the r1soft backup software
    Yes, they do 1 point per day for 7 days I do believe.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Not a very detailed one, but convincing enough that you really are happy with them.. =) Glad to hear that...

Not a very detailed one, but convincing enough that you really are happy with them.. =) Glad to hear that...
    A good review does not always have to be a detailed one
    Even though many of us have good experiences with a Webhost, Not everyone wants to read a novel about the host. What JJ wrote was short and simple and It was very good to read his great experience.

It is not as if I am expecting transcripts of conversations
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Yes, they do 1 point per day for 7 days I do believe.

This is nearly correct we have a daily for 7 days and we also run a weekly to verify the integrity of the backups. So at any given moment there is technically 8 backups. We spread out the weekly over the course of a week so not every machine has theirs done on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post

Great suggestion hopefully WHT implements it