AIT (Advanced Internet Technologies, Inc.) ait.com is down

Looks like ait.com, tybit.com, aitcom.net and all my sites hosted there are down

Looks like they are back up after being down since at least 9 AM this morning. Not good.

AIT was down since 4:30 am est. They just went back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patilla View Post
    AIT was down since 4:30 am est. They just went back up.
    Actually they started having problems at around 3:20 AM EST and just now appear to be getting domains back as one I monitor hosted by them came up at 2:15PM EST. That's 11 hours, down and of course their System Status page has no mention of going down or anything.

This is the second MAJOR outage in two months.

They've updated their system page stating that it was a problem with Time Warner Telecom and not AIT. The last outage was a major core router meltdown. Hope they manage to stay stable from here on in.

Yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by Patilla View Post
    They've updated their system page stating that it was a problem with Time Warner Telecom and not AIT. The last outage was a major core router meltdown. Hope they manage to stay stable from here on in.
    Could you provide a link because yesterday I was checking and it of course had nothing.

Also I hesitate to buy that excuse and really didn't buy the last one either. The reason I say that this time is the POP3 logs I have show the initial response from AIT was a "connection refused". This lasted for awhile before I started seeing "Host Not Found". If it was a TW issue I don't think I would have seen "connection refused".

If you can provide that link I am going to do some back channel stuff to see if I can get TW to say it was on them or not.

I found the link and status update. I am seeing if I can confirm with TW this is what happened.

Doesn't negate the fact they should have more redundancy if they want to play in this space. Using Twitter as a "Status Update" vs. having a setup with a low end offsite webserver which can respond to status updates, provide contact numbers and such is not a backup plan.

Sorry for being such a busy beaver but if you read their excuse for going down and then read what they say their setup is built like one or the other is a lie:

AITs Data Center is built based on industrial strength infrastructure that includes

* Dual OC-192 fiber optic connectivity
    * Multiple backbone providers utilizing multi-homed networks
    * Dual OC-12 Lucent and Alcatel multiplexers
    * Cisco 7000 series routers & switches
    * Ultra-fast, multi-processor RAID servers
    * SONET technology for maximum redundancy, fault tolerance, and load balancing
    * AIT NOC routes IP traffic down the fastest path using BGP4 protocol
    * 93,000 sq. ft. data center
    * Rigorous physical, electronic, and personnel security measures protect your data

AIT Downtime

It looks as though you've done your homework. In addition to their status message, I received a detailed message from the VP at AIT with a complete explanation of what happened. I don't doubt it at all. Just hope that there are no more lengthy timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by JBdive View Post
    Also I hesitate to buy that excuse and really didn't buy the last one either. The reason I say that this time is the POP3 logs I have show the initial response from AIT was a "connection refused". This lasted for awhile before I started seeing "Host Not Found". If it was a TW issue I don't think I would have seen "connection refused".
    When a host has an issue with a provider it does not mean that you are going to see a specific error message from your e-mail client...

Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    When a host has an issue with a provider it does not mean that you are going to see a specific error message from your e-mail client...
    It was not my email client. I have the POP3 connection to AIT logging and as I said the first errors were a "connection refused". Without any further scanning that error in itself tells me I was connecting to their servers yet their servers responded by refusing the connection. If the connection itself was down there would have been no server to "refuse" the connection.

Also I tried contacting multiple RR folks in the Raleigh area with no solid response but each said they were unaware of any outage of either cable or Telco services. They would not however say it hadn't happened.

BTW not sure if I mentioned this but if you Google AIT's address you'll find their building being listed for sale.

BTW not sure if I mentioned this but if you Google AIT's address you'll find their building being listed for sale.
    It could be that they are moving to larger premises? I put in 412 Lavender Ct. and couldn't see much

Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    It could be that they are moving to larger premises? I put in 412 Lavender Ct. and couldn't see much
    What address is that? Try

421 Maiden Lane
    Fayetteville, NC 28301

Loopnet has it listed as a 40,000 SF, $7/SF Rental. Total building is 93,000 so they appear to be offering half the building for rent.

What address is that? Try

421 Maiden Lane
    Fayetteville, NC 28301

Loopnet has it listed as a 40,000 SF, $7/SF Rental. Total building is 93,000 so they appear to be offering half the building for rent.
    Sorry I went for the (I assume) holding company:

Domain Name: ait.com
    Registrar: CSMJBS Enterprises
    Registrant Contact
    Name: CSMJBS Enterprises - Private Registration
    Address: 412 Lavender Ct.
    N. Las Vegas NV 89031-0520
    US
    Email webmaster@ait.com

Hence could well be my mistake

Angry Email Down Again, Support Won't talk/fix

Customer's email is down again today. Finally busted through the voicemail tree at AIT and told support the email was down. The answer was:
    "When the reseller reports a problem ticket we will fix the server"

If the reseller would respond I wouldn't have been calling AIT you ditz. You know there is a server problem but you won't address it, nice customer support.

Anyway the POP server is just not responding while the SMTP server reports it's in read only mode for some of the files thus won't write the incoming email to process.

LAME!

If anyone has the CEO's email addie please post it, heck got his cell, I'll call him.

Ait has copied and pasted the same information to me in my ticket. My web sites have been down for over 24 hours, with sporatic email access, none for the past 12 hours. After hosting with them since 1997, I'm jumping ship.

If they were built like a tier 1 data center, they wouldn't have had a "power surge that.. (took out) an IBM data array." Batteries (and lots of them) and generators are the most effective power source. No network equipment should ever touch the grid.

Sorry for being such a busy beaver but if you read their excuse for going down and then read what they say their setup is built like one or the other is a lie:

AITs Data Center is built based on industrial strength infrastructure that includes

* Dual OC-192 fiber optic connectivity
    * Multiple backbone providers utilizing multi-homed networks
    * Dual OC-12 Lucent and Alcatel multiplexers
    * Cisco 7000 series routers & switches
    * Ultra-fast, multi-processor RAID servers
    * SONET technology for maximum redundancy, fault tolerance, and load balancing
    * AIT NOC routes IP traffic down the fastest path using BGP4 protocol
    * 93,000 sq. ft. data center
    * Rigorous physical, electronic, and personnel security measures protect your data

Just talked with AIT, they said they will have everything up by 1 pm today, 10/8/2010.

They lied, 8:48 pm, all my servers and email are still down.