JustHost & ImHosted Speeds

Hello
    i am changing my hosts from hostgator to the JustHost or ImHosted.

I am trying to buy shared hosting plan. I DO NOT want a video sharing website. My website will serve around 100-150 videos of each 5 mints duration.

I am confused about speed of these hosts.

My questions are
    1. How can i check the speed of these hosts (JustHost) & (ImHosted). (Any sample file download will do)

2. How can i know which of these host has the fastest data transfer rate to my country. (PAKISTAN)

ImHosted says it has OC-192, JustHost says it has OC-96. But how to confirm it?

I am inclined towards JustHost as they are way cheaper than ImHosted. But i am also concerned about speed. Will a OC-96 connection(JustHost) will serve a 5mint video well.?

Regards.

Personally my advice is to stay with HostGator - is there a particular reason why you're wanting to move away besides price?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Personally my advice is to stay with HostGator - is there a particular reason why you're wanting to move away besides price?
    I would have to agree with Mike, HostGator is a good company and far larger then the other companies you have mentioned.

yes! price is the issue. No doubt hostgator support/service is excellent. but i cant afford $134 annually.
    thats why. JustHost takes $70 for 2 years. All the feautures of hostgator included. but i dont know about service/support.

Quote Originally Posted by dandy12 View Post
    but i dont know about service/support.
    If you are concerned about the service the reviews can help you very much to decide . Justhost has got enough reviews. If you are satisfied with HG my advice is also to stay there. At the end you will get what you pay for.

yes! price is the issue. No doubt hostgator support/service is excellent. but i cant afford $134 annually.
    thats why. JustHost takes $70 for 2 years. All the feautures of hostgator included. but i dont know about service/support.
    Keep in mind that you are generally going to get what you pay for - while you may save some money you could end up with larger support and reliability issues when trying to get the best price.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

I too would recommend that you stay with hostgator.. you won't find a better one for a site like yours...

And yes its true that what you pay for is what you get... surely you will get cheap hosting from other two but won't get other things which hostgator offers.

Price isn't everything. Search this site for threads about the two you are thinking about jumping to before making up your mind.

You might very well find that what appears to be a large company is in fact a couple of rented servers.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Hello
    i am changing my hosts from hostgator to the JustHost or ImHosted.

I am trying to buy shared hosting plan. I DO NOT want a video sharing website. My website will serve around 100-150 videos of each 5 mints duration.

I am confused about speed of these hosts.

My questions are
    1. How can i check the speed of these hosts (JustHost) & (ImHosted). (Any sample file download will do)

2. How can i know which of these host has the fastest data transfer rate to my country. (PAKISTAN)

ImHosted says it has OC-192, JustHost says it has OC-96. But how to confirm it?

I am inclined towards JustHost as they are way cheaper than ImHosted. But i am also concerned about speed. Will a OC-96 connection(JustHost) will serve a 5mint video well.?

Regards.
    Why don't you contact those hosts and ask them for download test files? I highly doubt anyone here will have one for you. I would also recommend you stick with HostGator, moving from them to the hosts you've listed would be a downgrade. Paying 2 years in advance is not really a good idea either.

Well, you may think that you'll get almost the same features you get from hostgator for a cheaper price, but most of time the quality of service is lesser. Try to see all the pros and cons before you actually move to a different host.

I think better if you stay with Hostgator. And you can't expect high quality of service on cheaper webhosting.

JustHost takes $70 for 2 years.
    Not to detract you from using them, but let's analyze the facts. That price means slightly less than $3 per month. Much of their sales are affiliate driven, and they pay about $100 per sale. So, they'll have to host their average customer close to 3 years before they stand a chance to start to actually get paid. Let's lower that to 2 years, as they likely do get customers that they don't have to pay for. Now, supposing all customers continue to host with them, and that they have a net markup of 50% (meaning you can reasonably expect about $1.5 per month worth of service really), they need about 2 years to make a $35 profit, which isn't really profit yet, they only got their money back for hosting you the first 2 years essentially for free. That means it is only in the 5th year that they start to make a profit. If you lower their profit margin, it gets worse for them, if you increase their profit margin, it means you'd have to expect even lower levels of service.

Funny this numbers thing, isn't it?

Now, to prove that I didn't mean to sway you away from them, I'll let you know that there's a coupon out there that gives you a year of free hosting with them, "templatemonster".

Good luck, and if you decide to go with them, come back and tell us how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Now, to prove that I didn't mean to sway you away from them, I'll let you know that there's a coupon out there that gives you a year of free hosting with them, "templatemonster".

If you use that coupon you'll get a free domain name and 1 year free hosting, but, if you want to cancel the hosting before 1 year, they'll charge you $20 saying its for their domain registration charge.

After 1 year you'll have to pay around $88 per year!

Beware when using Justhost

Do not use ImHosted. Used them, had slow speeds, requested a refund, didn't get it, had to resolve it as a billing dispute. Just...don't use them. You can find something better, I'm sure.

@Thanks all for suggestions.
    I've changed my mind and planning to stick with hostgator (collecting some more money). Really thanks for useful tips.
    By the way, what is this OC-96 and OC-192 ?
    Regards.

They are internet pipes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OC-96#OC-96

@Thanks all for suggestions.
    I've changed my mind and planning to stick with hostgator (collecting some more money). Really thanks for useful tips.
    You are welcome mate. That is why WHT is great!!
    May be that help you to avoid severe head aches in future. Also IMHO never change a host which provide satisfactory services unless there is unavoidable circumstances. I know price is a concern; but if you get peace for the extra money try to continue with them as much as possible.

If you use that coupon you'll get a free domain name and 1 year free hosting, but, if you want to cancel the hosting before 1 year, they'll charge you $20 saying its for their domain registration charge.
    Not a bad idea on their part. The trouble with free service offers (and not only those) is that people usually find ways to abuse thme. If they didn't have that policy they would have people with no interest in their hosting using them to register domains for free.

I've changed my mind and planning to stick with hostgator (collecting some more money).
    Good approach. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.