Thread: Hosting Awards

Hosting Awards

Hello,
    what do you think, how can you get a web hosting award? Do you have one? Are those awards given by some affiliate?

Thanks.

Unfortunately these days, most awards are given out to the companies that pay the highest affiliate commissions or spend the most on advertising each month. There are very few, if any, "genuine" hosting awards.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

I have a question close to this, How do you get one who gives it out? A company like WHT? or like the goverment?

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    I have a question close to this, How do you get one who gives it out? A company like WHT? or like the goverment?
    awards are fake. join the club and go make your own ratings site and give yourself an award. Or just give your self a random award like I see everyone else doing.

In the end it means nothing but smoke an mirrors.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

It really depends on awards type. What kind of awards do you look at? If you mean awards like "best hosting company" on some hosting related website, then forget it...
    Hosting24.com Web Hosting - First class web hosting services.
    Boxbilling - Complete billing, invoicing and client management system.

When we first started we wanted those so badly, until we realized that they have a 99.9% bullsh** uptime with those damn things. I guess what I mean is that 99.9% of those things are just useless to anybody who needs solid and true information on a hosting provider. It's sort of like the days of 'snake oil' salesman. A scam. The only people they help are the ones making money by giving them out.

Great posts guys. I remember a time I used to strive for those awards and searched for them by name...lol. Only then I realized it was some gimmick (a graphic artiste with talent who wanted to make some money)

I have learnt over the years that those awards mean nothing to your potential clients. What you need to do is get client testimonials with a link to their site. It will increase your potential client's perception ten-fold.

I am still working on that with my new company
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
    Unfortunately these days, most awards are given out to the companies that pay the highest affiliate commissions or spend the most on advertising each month. There are very few, if any, "genuine" hosting awards.
    sadly that's the truth - they are just like 99% of the web hosting top sites. Would be good to have a new award in the market that bases awards on hosting quality rather than who pays most.

I also know some hosting companies launch webhosting directories too. Needless to say, company (which owns that directory) is ranked as #1 and their rivals are being bashed badly...

Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    Great posts guys. I remember a time I used to strive for those awards and searched for them by name...lol. Only then I realized it was some gimmick (a graphic artiste with talent who wanted to make some money)

I have learnt over the years that those awards mean nothing to your potential clients. What you need to do is get client testimonials with a link to their site. It will increase your potential client's perception ten-fold.
    I agree there I use to think awards would get customers, but no. Client testimonials will help potential customers - works with me for web design.

And yes, I don't think there are many awards for hosting, only those commercial & pricey.
    EntireTech Hosting
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Stream Hosting | Virtual Servers

Follow us on Twitter!

Step 1: Open affiliate review site.
    Step 2: Give out 3,000 awards to hosts.
    Step 3: Receive thousands of authoritive niche-centered links.
    Step 4: Now outrank all teh web hosts in Google rankings for core hosting terms.
    Step 5: Watch money pour in for no effort, no support, no stress.
    Step 6: Move to Mexico, drink Mojitos, work on tan.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Actually, potential clients don't pay attention to hosting awards, they usually take into account an overall company's reputation and reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    Actually, potential clients don't pay attention to hosting awards, they usually take into account an overall company's reputation and reviews.
    The good clients do

The people that have no clue, or want cheap cheap cheap is a whole other market to scam with those things.

Being a customer of many hosting companies I have never paid attention to that fact if the host has awards or not. Only honest and independent reviews left by clients can clear up the situation somehow.

Being a customer of many hosting companies I have never paid attention to that fact if the host has awards or not. Only honest and independent reviews left by clients can clear up the situation somehow.
    You would be the right type of client to have A properly informed one!

Being a customer of many hosting companies I have never paid attention to that fact if the host has awards or not.
    Most people don't put much effort into finding hosting. Why should they? It's a $5 item from what they see. Not worth more than 15 minutes of "research". The typical customer is not a member on forums, doesn't run a hosting coupons site etc. He's as much into hosting as the next person is into studying law or medicine.

You are partially right. I believe that persons pay attention to reviews and awards, but they always make a final decision themselves. Even if company has no awards, many persons could decide to give a try.