Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Urgent need a cheap hosting with mysql4

i need a cheap 1month payable hosting plan with mysql 4 version SERVER.urgent.reply here.
    Last edited by bhanu545; 10-11-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Why MySQL4 and not 5?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

because my script works only on mysql 4 server.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanu545 View Post
    because my script works only on mysql 4 server.
    Ah, well I believe GoDaddy still runs MySQL4 but you might want to upgrade your script to run on MySQL5 as eventually MySQL4 hosts are going to be hard to come by (they probably are already).

Disclaimer: I have no direct personal experience with GoDaddy and I'm not "recommending" them, just stating what I believe to be true.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

nvhserver.com has mysql4 &5 version servers.but their minimum for 1 month is 7$.so i need a cheaper ones wich accepts 1 month payment,

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I believe GoDaddy still runs MySQL4 but you might want to upgrade your script to run on MySQL5 as eventually MySQL4 hosts are going to be hard to come by (they probably are already).
    They host both 4.1 and 5.0. Version is selected during database creation time
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

You may have to tolerate bad support etc with such a limited selection of web hosts. I would recommend updating your script to avoid the hassle of being stuck with a particular host because no one else can meet your requirement.

I suppose it would really be tough in long term to really continue with mysql4.

Better upgrade the script so that it helps you as well as the hosting company

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    They host both 4.1 and 5.0. Version is selected during database creation time
    Good to know.

so you all can advice me to just change the script?thers no hosting here which has mysql4 server?

and what do u think about nvhserver?

I assume you will need ro get in touch with the companies asking that qustion... As rule such information is not placed on the web site directly
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

My advice is get a VPS and configure it as you want so the server adapts to your script and not reverse.

i need a cheap 1month payable hosting plan with mysql 4 version SERVER.urgent.reply here.
    use justhost.com lah, price only 40US around after discount, but service is not good, because they outsource the service to other company.
    you want cheap, this is the cheap hosting.

What script are you trying to run by chance, or what type of script is it as maybe there is a different alternative out there you can use?
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    What script are you trying to run by chance, or what type of script is it as maybe there is a different alternative out there you can use?
    I agree, or it must be a very old php script.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali View Post
    I would recommend updating your script to avoid the hassle of being stuck with a particular host because no one else can meet your requirement.
    This is a valid point. Actually your requirement restricts you to select the host from a very small list. That is definitely not a good thing if you don't have enough options to select from.

yes its a old script.i cant spend 50$ again to get a new one for hosting on mysql5 servers.what i need is mysql4 server.if anyone knows here tell me.or else stop posting all garbage here.

If you can't upgrade your application to be compatible with MySQL 5, you may need to look at a VPS or VDS so that you can run whatever software you require.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.

Quote Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
    Most hosts run on MySQL 4.
    what is ur host?

i got these many replies here but none of them are useful to me..

is innohosting legit?they are asking me hell of questions to register there.

is innohosting legit?they are asking me hell of questions to register there.
    I don't have any direct experience with them. They have a solid reputation here. You can find so many good reviews here if you do a simple search. And Rameen is a very active member here. But note that my comment is only based on the reviews I have seen here and it is upto you to decide whether they are fit for you or not.

You have been told godaddy + a few more that i have not heard of people are trying to help but i don't think your helping yourself by not contacting the webhosts asking the question! A quick support ticket or an email via a contact system on their website should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHost4You View Post
    You have been told godaddy + a few more that i have not heard of people are trying to help but i don't think your helping yourself by not contacting the webhosts asking the question! A quick support ticket or an email via a contact system on their website should be enough.

i contacted nearly all the reputed hostings available here in this forum.no one had mysql4 server.the only good one i got is innohosting.now the admin of that site is asking me hell of questions.i am waiting for him to approve and buy hosting from them.lets see if my problem solves or not.

now the admin of that site is asking me hell of questions.
    May be its a part of their procedure. Can you give one or two example questions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast