Question Help me to choose the right hosting option

Hello friends,

I have a few questions about reseller hosting but not able to finalize whether to go for it or not. I request you to help me out if possible. Here's my currnet situation.

I have more than 10 websites right now successfully running with 3 different hosts. The traffic volumes range from 50 uniques to 400 uniques per day for various websites

I currently pay seperately for each individual site per month. I'm planning to launch more sites that would generate simiar traffic volumes.

My questions

1) For those traffic volume numbers what's the best hosting option, addon domains (under one shared hosting) or a reseller account? As I mentioned more websites are coming with similar traffic volumes.

2) If I addon more sites under the existing domain, does the traffic from addon site affect my allowable bandwidth limit. If it happens that some of the addon sites start performing really well as far as traffic volumes are concerned then this can be a trouble or not?

3) I love experimenting a lot l(ike autoblogging etc.) In that case is a reseller account the best option instead of using addons under one shared hosting?

4) I DO NOT intend to sell any hosting or flip websites/blogs. Still using a reseller account is advisable or not?

5)I'm really happy with hostgator's support for shared hosting customers? How's their reseller acount setup? Anyone using their service?

Any help is appreciated....

1) A decent shared host with add-on domains would suffice, providing you do not want individual control panels for each domain.

2) Your addon domains would use the traffic allowance sold to you under whatever package your main domain signed up under.

3) You can do the experimenting under a shared package, you don't need to get a reseller package to experiment - just be wary of resources used when experimenting in a shared/reseller environment.

4) Stick with a shared plan unless you want individual control panels

5) Probably the same as shared, but cannot honestly comment as I don't use them

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

So you are suggesting 1 shared hsting account with multiple addons under it. Is this kind of setup OK as far as SEO is concerned.

Why I'm asking this because the sites are goint to be of diffrent themes. For example if my main shared hosting account is

dog-training.com then the addons can be anything from skincare, interior design, traveltips etc.

So from a search engine's point of view the main and all the addons are different websites altogether, right? This is the main point that confused me.

Also hostgator's baby plan seems good for 1 shared + multiple addons. Anyone used baby plan with addons hosted and running successfully? They have mentioned UNLIMITED addons and bandwidth. How do they work it out?

Quote Originally Posted by smvpune View Post
    Hello

Thanks for the reply.

So you are suggesting 1 shared hsting account with multiple addons under it. Is this kind of setup OK as far as SEO is concerned.

Why I'm asking this because the sites are goint to be of diffrent themes. For example if my main shared hosting account is

dog-training.com then the addons can be anything from skincare, interior design, traveltips etc.

So from a search engine's point of view the main and all the addons are different websites altogether, right? This is the main point that confused me.

Also hostgator's baby plan seems good for 1 shared + multiple addons. Anyone used baby plan with addons hosted and running successfully? They have mentioned UNLIMITED addons and bandwidth. How do they work it out?
    It will appear as different sites even if you are using it as addon domains. Only problem is you won't have separate control panels for each domain as GeekSRV said. There should be certain limit for the resource usage as CPU or RAM usage limits in the 'unlimited' versions, you can check it in their TOS.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

if the url differs then to search engine the site is always different. so you don't have to worry about that - addon domains make it easy to host multiple sites in one place but as matt pointed out, you won't have separate control panels but if you don't mind sharing the CP, you shouldn't have a problem.

and also as suggested earlier, read the host's TOS for limitations - unlimited space and bandwidth sellers will definitely have some strict usage policies so you would want to be aware of that at all times.

You should be perfectly fine on a shared hosting plan, use the domains as addon domains and control all domains from a single control panel.

I would suggest you to use 1 hosting for 5 domains if you want to develop autoblogs.
    The point of using different IP addresses is so that you can link them together & get the link juice (as long as they are on different class C's) and B so if google takes a look at the websites on 1 server you won't lose 100 sites in one go.
    To make it easier you can use Wordpress MU.