Reseller accounts from Innohostig and theprimehost

Hi All, wanted to give everyone looking for reseller hosting a heads up.

Just a couple things to note before deciding to go with Innohosting.
    A free ssl certificate is included, but the dedicated IP address required for the SSL cert is an additional cost. I assumed it was included as they refer to it as Dedicated RapidSSL

The $6.95 domain registration account is not for a .com, .com domains are $7.69 (as of January) I also found the domain reseller GUI to be a bit confusing, I have been spoiled by enom.

By replying to the thread in the reseller hosting offers section, and asking to have your account upgraded, you are voiding your 16 day money back guarantee

The support was fairly quick to respond and they do seem organized, however I decided to go with theprimehost who offered 60gb space (40gb more than inno), dedicated IP for cert and whmcs license for less than the professional account offered by Inno. TPH support has also been quick to respond and address all issues.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessG1 View Post
    Hi All, wanted to give everyone looking for reseller hosting a heads up.

Just a couple things to note before deciding to go with Innohosting.
    A free ssl certificate is included, but the dedicated IP address required for the SSL cert is an additional cost. I assumed it was included as they refer to it as Dedicated RapidSSL

The $6.95 domain registration account is not for a .com, .com domains are $7.69 (as of January) I also found the domain reseller GUI to be a bit confusing, I have been spoiled by enom.

By replying to the thread in the reseller hosting offers section, and asking to have your account upgraded, you are voiding your 16 day money back guarantee

The support was fairly quick to respond and they do seem organized, however I decided to go with theprimehost who offered 60gb space (40gb more than inno), dedicated IP for cert and whmcs license for less than the professional account offered by Inno. TPH support has also been quick to respond and address all issues.
    I'm unsure how this is a heads up since everything you have stated we have already stated on our website..

You assumed your SSL includes a dedicated IP, however in the WHT advertisement thread which you saw and responded to we stated clearly the extras along with their associated prices one of which was the IP address. We don't advertise a free IP. You have shared SSL's, and an SSL dedicated to you. We offer the latter, hence dedicated RapidSSL.

We don't advertise our .com prices as $6.95. Many other domains are provided at $6.95. We advertise a domain reseller with prices starting from $6.95.

The domain reseller is through NetEarthOne, whatever control panel they use is what we can use. They have a new one under development which from what I hear will be similar, if not better, than eNom.

The 16 day money back guarantee is correctly void if you sign up using a promotion, which again, is also clearly stated in our ToS, which I'm guessing you didn't read, hence this thread.

That said, thank you for your feedback and "heads up". I wish you all the best with your new provider.
      0 Not allowed!

I always thought their domain reseller accounts were with Enom. The SSL cert and the dedicated IP thing is a bit tricky I guess but from what I see their service is great and I think it makes up for all of those loose ends.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    I always thought their domain reseller accounts were with Enom. The SSL cert and the dedicated IP thing is a bit tricky I guess but from what I see their service is great and I think it makes up for all of those loose ends.
    We provide customers with an eNom SSL Reseller account, which coincidently allows them to sell domain names too if they so wish through eNom, but eNom has higher prices.. In contrast they provide a very good service
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    The SSL cert and the dedicated IP thing is a bit tricky I guess but from what I see their service is great and I think it makes up for all of those loose ends.
    How can it be tricky if they do not advertise, or state in their site that they offer free IP?
      0 Not allowed!

This post is simply meant to be informative for first time reseller buyers who may not know what to expect. I did not know posting in the forum would void my money back guarantee, and I entered nothing in the promotion code field while signing up. Perhaps you should mention that in your ads on this board. After-all I received a warning from tech support that my money back guarantee would be void if I had the SSL certificate issued, so I did not issue it. If I knew posting in your ad also voided that, I would have said not to apply it until I knew I wanted to keep the service. I would not have expected adding 5gb of disk space, and 100gb bandwidth would take so much effort as to justify a void of the guarantee. I had the service for 7 days. I simply wanted to point out a few things for first time buyers.
      0 Not allowed!

After-all I received a warning from tech support that my money back guarantee would be void if I had the SSL certificate issued, so I did not issue it.

I think you'll find this is very common, and it's more because once a SSL certificate is issued, it can't be taken back. It's yours for the year, and it's not a cost a company can get back if you don't want it anymore.

From ThePrimeHost Terms of Service....
    The fees for additional features are non-refundable.
    I would take this to mean also at ThePrimeHost, your refund will be minus a charge for your dedicated SSL certificate, but best to check with them.
    Last edited by Cats-Computing; 09-09-2009 at 10:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure you followed the post's correctly. My point was that they warned me that having an ssl certificate assigned to me would void the money back guarantee which I completely understand, the point was that they gave me a warning. So they should also give a warning that right off the bat you are voiding your warranty, which they did not mention in the ad posts they have.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure you followed the post's correctly. My point was that they warned me that having an ssl certificate assigned to me would void the money back guarantee which I completely understand, the point was that they gave me a warning. So they should also give a warning that right off the bat you are voiding your warranty, which they did not mention in the ad posts they have.
    It's in the ToS, under the "Refunds" section, quite clearly. You're attempting to blame us for something we already told you about..Had you read it, then you would have known accounts purchased using a promotion do not qualify under the money back guarantee. You agreed to the ToS prior to signing up indicating that you had read it. We did warn you, in the ToS, you decided not to read it. We shouldn't have to keep repeating the same thing in different places. The ToS is there for a reason.
    Last edited by rv_irl; 09-09-2009 at 10:48 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I did not purchase an account using a promotion. One was applied afterward. I did not put anything in the promotion field during order. No point in going back and forth on this.
      0 Not allowed!

I did not purchase an account using a promotion. One was applied afterward. I did not put anything in the promotion field during order. No point in going back and forth on this.
    You don't have to use a coupon, you responded to a WHT thread asking for it to be applied, I already explained this to you in the ticket..

Directly from our ToS:

Quote Originally Posted by InnoHosting ToS
    6.2a Accounts purchased under any InnoHosting promotion (with our without coupon code) are EXCLUDED from the 16 day money back guarantee.
    I really don't understand why we are going back in forth on this.. I'm still quite confused by the point of this entire thread..We did everything we said we will, but for some reason you aren't happy about it
      0 Not allowed!

"Please upgrade my account
    Victor V.

Thank you!"

This is the post that voided the money back guarantee? It's pretty ridiculous you insist on arguing this out, this post was simply intended to help prevent others from making the same assumption. I do not think its unreasonable for me to be surprised that nothing more than an increase of disk space and bandwidth allocation would void a money back guarantee. I said nothing against your company and even said your support was good and that you seemed organized, and yet you insist on going back and forth on this? Drop it.
      0 Not allowed!

"Please upgrade my account
    Victor V.

Thank you!"

This is the post that voided the money back guarantee? It's pretty ridiculous you insist on arguing this out, this post was simply intended to help prevent others from making the same assumption. I do not think its unreasonable for me to be surprised that nothing more than an increase of disk space and bandwidth allocation would void a money back guarantee. I said nothing against your company and even said your support was good and that you seemed organized, and yet you insist on going back and forth on this? Drop it.
    If you're going to criticise us, then I'm not going to sit back and let others be misinformed. Surely it's not unreasonable to expect a company to respond to criticism on a web hosting discussion forum? Why open a thread for discussion if you're not happy with it being discussed?

It doesn't matter what the promotion was. The bottom line is, we did everything we said we were going to do, and you have made it out that us following on through with our promises is a negative thing. Nothing was done that was hidden from you nor unexpected. The only time one would be surprised, is if they skip ToS yet agree to it anyway..
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I'm done with the back and forth with you, others can read and decide for themselves and realize that you might as well not include a money back guarantee if it's so easily dismissed. No point in going round and round on the same thing.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I'm done with the back and forth with you, others can read and decide for themselves and realize that you might as well not include a money back guarantee if it's so easily dismissed. No point in going round and round on the same thing.
    Likewise others may read and realise how it's a good idea to actually read the terms of service before signing up to avoid "surprises".

No point in going round and round on the same thing.
    Last edited by rv_irl; 09-10-2009 at 01:25 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Right but others may not think this qualified as a purchase under a promotion, you can refer back to your TOS all you want, there is still room for interpretation on this. I should not have assumed a seemingly reputable company would honor something as simple as a money back guarantee. My mistake.
      0 Not allowed!

Right but others may not think this qualified as a purchase under a promotion, you can refer back to your TOS all you want, there is still room for interpretation on this. I should not have assumed a seemingly reputable company would honor something as simple as a money back guarantee. My mistake.
    Well Victor, I'll let others think how they wish. When I say "Respond to this thread to have this promotion applied" and then you respond to the thread - that's a promotion being applied. I don't see how that can be interpreted any differently.

Our ToS is black & white. If a customer is in doubt, they simply open a ticket, call us up or hop onto chat. You only have to refer to the advertisement thread to see pages upon pages of customers getting along without a single issue, that's because they took the time to read the ToS. But the one customer which didn't read the terms of service, has an issue with being "surprised". Ironically, I'm not surprised at this at all.

We honour and continue to honour what we promise. And that works both ways, as in this case. We did exactly as what we said we would. I guess I should not assume someone would perform something as elementary as reading a ToS.
    Last edited by rv_irl; 09-10-2009 at 01:44 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not going to turn this into a childish name calling/insulting thread and I can see you have been attempting to steer it in that direction. Your attitude speaks more about your company than I ever could have cared to. Thanks Rameen. I am done commenting on your posts but feel free to continue to twist things as you wish.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not going to turn this into a childish name calling/insulting thread and I can see you have been attempting to steer it in that direction. Your attitude speaks more about your company than I ever could have cared to. Thanks Rameen. I am done commenting on your posts but feel free to continue to twist things as you wish.
    Had you read my first response which addressed the concerns you raised, I thanked you for the feedback and wished you all the best. Pretty far from "name calling", "insults" or "childish behaviour".

I've stayed clear of your sarcastic comments, answered accurately and the information I have provided is not opinion, but verifiable facts. At no point has any name calling or insults been thrown from my part. Like I said before, I'm not prepared to sit back and do nothing, and will respond to any criticism. If by your definition that is insulting to you then so be it..

I'll reiterate my first response.. Thank you for the feedback, and all the best with the future..
      0 Not allowed!

No point in going round and round on the same thing.
    May as well close it up then
      0 Not allowed!