Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how much does linux server admin makes?

one extra question does linux server admin make more then windows server admin.

Makes? Are you talking about making some income?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

yea like $$$

It depends on Company , Country ,etc,. The minimum will be 600$. But I know guys making 2000$ from one company
    24x7 PROACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Call us : (+91)9447607799 | Are you looking for DevOps Admins ?

every month?

yes every month
    24x7 PROACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Call us : (+91)9447607799 | Are you looking for DevOps Admins ?

Do you mean their salary if they work for a company?

It all depends on what level they are (level 1, 2, 3, etc), how much experience they have (certificatons, how long they have been working with servers, etc). The location also is important too, different countries and even different parts of the country can greatly differ.

I've seen system admin's making anywhere from $45k to $100k+ per year in the US.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    Do you mean their salary if they work for a company?

It all depends on what level they are (level 1, 2, 3, etc), how much experience they have (certificatons, how long they have been working with servers, etc). The location also is important too, different countries and even different parts of the country can greatly differ.

I've seen system admin's making anywhere from $45k to $100k+ per year in the US.
    Agreed. Admins in India can be really cheap though.

Yep, because it is based on the cost of living index.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Quote Originally Posted by userkiller View Post
    one extra question does linux server admin make more then windows server admin.
    The money that you make will depend on the speed at which you fix the issues. If you are really skilled, then you can attend more requests and fix more hence make more money. If you are slow then you will end up making less money, even if you are windows or linux experts. I hope you got my point.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

Yes, it depends on your skills

Depends on several factors: where you live, if you are junior, mid-level or senior, where you work, etc.

In Los Angeles the range would be about $40,000 for intro - $120,000 for senior architects / year

In Orlando, Florida, Linux admins make around 50-60k. 70-90k for senior admins.

When I checked into it, it was about 60 - 120k

Really depends on your experience levels, and what accreditation you have.
    Not sure what to put here :-P

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    In Orlando, Florida, Linux admins make around 50-60k. 70-90k for senior admins.
    Where did you find those figures?

50k a year is around 28$/hr and I don't know of a single company here in Orlando that starts out at that much for an entry level linux admin, including some of the larger data centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    Where did you find those figures?

50k a year is around 28$/hr and I don't know of a single company here in Orlando that starts out at that much for an entry level linux admin, including some of the larger data centers.
    Florida is a low paying area in the states, though having worked and hired linux admins in the state I'd suggest that someone with at least a few years admin experience and at least and RHCT should start a 40k and move to 60k within three years. RHCE starts about 70k (in FL) to 90k.

This varies around the country, for NoVA/DC add 15k to those rates to accommodate for cost of living and demand.

At least that's my experience.
    consultingmode
    Effective, Personalized Support
    Hosting & Consulting Excellence since 1999!
    Accelerated Professional Hosting

I think it really depends who you are working with,

some people charges $8/hr whereas some charges $65/hr.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

How much $$$$ senior linux admin makes in india per year

Quote Originally Posted by Predrag View Post
    How much $$$$ senior linux admin makes in india per year
    I have seen system admins in india barely being able to afford a home so probaly low depending on the job but im not 100% sure because that was mainly outsourcing.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

How much is that darkeden..500 $ per month? >..<

I know Admins that make in low to mid six figure incomes. It depends upon their location, skill, and the company they are working for and interestingly enough not all of them even have college degrees, some of the best are self-taught.

You might check out Hostway in Tampa as I think they are looking for System Admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Predrag View Post
    How much is that darkeden..500 $ per month? >..<
    A friend was making way less then 500 a month outsourcing but one that works in a dc gets about 2k a month but they were not any major companies. There is no set range though because every company will be paying different amounts.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Every one stated the average salary of a admin living in the US, how much do they get paid here in UK I don't think there are many linux server admin jobs here in UK

I know that a lot of server admins make around 200k a year.

For India based and experienced full time linux admin job, the minimum range is from $650 to $2000 per month. It is my personal experience too. If somebody allows to work for lesser, its almost sure that they are not quality admins. Because $650 is the minimum depending on the cost of living index in India and most of the linux admins in India are engineering degree holders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast