* Stats are like crack!

Stats are like crack.

That's the only way I can put it. I have been doing this stuff for a while now, and I still have yet to get over my stat and sales checking addiction.

This morning was the worst.

I found myself waking up 5 freaking times over 5 hours to check to see if I got any new sales or subscribers. It's so weird because as I was sleeping, my brain was like 'another hour has passed - time to wake up for a minute and see if you got any new sales notification emails' - this happened every hour like clockwork, even when I tried to force myself not to.

They need to make a Stats Anonymous because I surely need to check myself in.

It seriously is still a big rush, even today. When I see those notification emails...it's like I am a newbie all over again. Nothing better than the feeling that you just pulled free money out of thin air over the internet.

Am I the alone on this? Please tell me someone else is as addicted as I am...
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Why not just make a custom email alert sound in Outlook (or whatever email program you use) and leave your speakers on while you sleep

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    Stats are like crack.

That's the only way I can put it. I have been doing this stuff for a while now, and I still have yet to get over my stat and sales checking addiction.

This morning was the worst.

I found myself waking up 5 freaking times over 5 hours to check to see if I got any new sales or subscribers. It's so weird because as I was sleeping, my brain was like 'another hour has passed - time to wake up for a minute and see if you got any new sales notification emails' - this happened every hour like clockwork, even when I tried to force myself not to.

They need to make a Stats Anonymous because I surely need to check myself in.

It seriously is still a big rush, even today. When I see those notification emails...it's like I am a newbie all over again. Nothing better than the feeling that you just pulled free money out of thin air over the internet.

Am I the alone on this? Please tell me someone else is as addicted as I am...
    I envy you!

While our businesses are still doing well (Thank God), I haven't had that enjoyment in over a year. I find myself constantly struggling with what makes me happy. Ever since I had my daughter the computer stuff just doesn't do it for me like it did. I'm working to change this. I want that "stats are like crack!" feeling again. I agree, it's awesome.

I know how it's like. Luckily I have all the support ticket e-mails (I get excited over these too at times), new order notifications, and any other important departments that I take part in forwarded to my Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    I envy you!

While our businesses are still doing well (Thank God), I haven't had that enjoyment in over a year. I find myself constantly struggling with what makes me happy. Ever since I had my daughter the computer stuff just doesn't do it for me like it did. I'm working to change this. I want that "stats are like crack!" feeling again. I agree, it's awesome.
    As long as you are doing something to get that feeling back. Once you do, it's like all the motivation you need to keep going. It sounds sick, but some days after a string of a lot of sales, I get some sort of weird high that lasts all night long and even into the next day.

igxhost,

You should probably see someone about this. Feeling good over support tickets means there is something definitely wrong with you
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

New sales are definitely a high, but not so much when overall they keep going down, and down, and down.