Thumbs down My HostReview.com Review (not worth it)

I paid $400 for for a reseller showcase. I expected great things from this as they promised. Its been about two months now and I have a total of 33 hits showing from hostreview. I am very disappointed in the results. If you are thinking about advertising with them...find somewhere else.

Sorry to hear this.

And what did they promise? Did they give any specific stats/hits you would receive from them? Or just use general, broad terms?
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

They've been pushing for us to advertise and with that sort of hits amount sounds like it's not even remotely worth it. So thanks for the post.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

And what did they promise? Did they give any specific stats/hits you would receive from them? Or just use general, broad terms?
    Mostly broad terms. Nothing specific.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    They've been pushing for us to advertise and with that sort of hits amount sounds like it's not even remotely worth it. So thanks for the post.
    Always happy to help my fellow providers

What were you expecting 7MIL on Alexa ranking... lol

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    Where are you pulling 7 million alexa rank? http://alexa.com/siteinfo/hostreview.com shows it at about 35,000
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Where are you pulling 7 million alexa rank? http://alexa.com/siteinfo/hostreview.com shows it at about 35,000

he probably went to www.myhostreview.com and anyways, Alexa isn't accurate.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

Man that sucks.

I was never a fan of showcases to be quite honest. All of the ones I did never produced enough traffic to justify the price tag. I bet you get more hits to your website from this one thread alone than you did on that month worth of showcase.

When a place requires a 3-6 month buy, you know something is up. It is rare that they let you test out their service for one month - you know why now.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

HostReview - 34.983 Alexa

Well those kind of sites are only good for branding. Sales come from PPC on google search or other search engines, affiliates etc. If you buy ad on hostreview people are more likely to buy your product when they see you on google search.

Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    he probably went to www.myhostreview.com and anyways, Alexa isn't accurate.
    Yea I did, as the thread title was misleading My HostReview.com As hostbite said, you are paying for impressions not clicks as you are branding yourself for future sales. You are also not bound to have a good click rate when you are along side many many other ads.
    Last edited by XFactorServers; 08-28-2009 at 06:09 AM.

Its a great frustration when advertisement never gives any conversion. It may work for Giants, but never for Small and midsize companies.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

We've spent thousands with hostreview.com, got 1 order.

Stay far away from them.

I would like to know is the review site MyHostReview.com or HostReview.com ?
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post

Stay far away from them.
    Firstly it's impossible to know how many sales you got from them, only way you will know is if they directly click on your ad and then order right away from yourr website. You don't take in account if they directly go to your site weeks later and you are also paying for name branding.

You are also not taking in account how good your site is at converting sales , you may have a sub par site, terrible landing pages and the list goes on.

I'm sure many will agree with me here.

Quote Originally Posted by assistanz247 View Post
    I would like to know is the review site MyHostReview.com or HostReview.com ?
    HostReview.com

Firstly it's impossible to know how many sales you got from them, only way you will know is if they directly click on your ad and then order right away from yourr website. You don't take in account if they directly go to your site weeks later and you are also paying for name branding.

You are also not taking in account how good your site is at converting sales , you may have a sub par site, terrible landing pages and the list goes on.

I'm sure many will agree with me here.
    Yes, we tracked it all.

We got about 10 clicks a day from our banners, and we had banners EVERYWHERE on the side, pretty much every package they had for a month.

We moved on to different sites and now get 100+ clicks a day.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post

Stay far away from them.
    WOW! Really?

That's horrible! I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I would expect something wonderful also paying $400.00. I hope everything works out for you and perhaps you have learned a valuable lesson.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

They keep sending us emails with deals on their showcase advertisement campaigns, I just don't see how it will bring in sales. There is just too many hosting companies on their website to bring in direct sales.

Quote Originally Posted by PEAK-Bobby View Post
    They keep sending us emails with deals on their showcase advertisement campaigns, I just don't see how it will bring in sales. There is just too many hosting companies on their website to bring in direct sales.
    That's exactly it, you're next to like 25+ other ads.

We have been planning a marketing campaign with the Host Review websites. Their deals, offers are pretended to be a nightmare. We are not a hosting company but a hosting support company and we need a targeted advertisement campaign. Considering the conversion rate and advertisement charges, we stayed away from those sites.

Now we are running adcampaigns on webworldnetwork.com's websites and www.VPS4Sale.com with some affordable charges.

Waiting to see its conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    When a place requires a 3-6 month buy, you know something is up. It is rare that they let you test out their service for one month - you know why now.

We recently came in contact with an adult forum regarding banner advertising, the price of advertising for three months of is the same as two months.

For that reason I requested that we try purchasing placement on the site for a twenty four hours, offering compensation of 300% what the the monthly rate would be, when divided out.

This was declined, with the comment that we obviously have no understanding of the adult market. While I agree this is a segment we're only looking to enter, I think that it's no different than "Standard" hosting, in that uptime, speed, customer service, etc matter.

Am I wrong or do they have something here?