website question

Will google crawl free web hosting sites like weebly.com squidoo.com freewebs.com and all the others. And if they do what are the best and most popular ones to make a website on?

Search Engines will attempt to crawl any site that is linked from another site, or if a sitemap has been generated.

There are several Free website builders, but you should make sure that you are using one that you are able to edit, some are easier than others, and some have different features.
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie Maxwell View Post
    Search Engines will attempt to crawl any site that is linked from another site, or if a sitemap has been generated.

There are several Free website builders, but you should make sure that you are using one that you are able to edit, some are easier than others, and some have different features.
    ok Well how would i link my site to another site

Its just a matter of putting a link in, <<<snipped>>>

But more importantly you want other sites to link back to you, this is what keeps the Search Engines moving from site to site, but you always want to make sure that whomever links to you is within the a similar vertical market.
    Last edited by bear; 08-25-2009 at 07:47 AM.

any links are good, rtelevanmt links are much much better though

And what pray do you mean by relevant? How is one supposed to determine what is and what is not relevant?

Google can crawl all sites irrespective of the fact that whether it is free web hosting site or rich domain site.If proper optimization can be done for any particular site then that site is bound to rank well.

Yes, free websites are crawl by Google. Incoming links among other things are also important for free websites, so get them.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie Maxwell View Post
    Its just a matter of putting a link in, <<<snipped>>>

But more importantly you want other sites to link back to you, this is what keeps the Search Engines moving from site to site, but you always want to make sure that whomever links to you is within the a similar vertical market.
    ok well will google know if i put my link out there like craigslist and other websites like digg

Quote Originally Posted by soccer568 View Post
    ok well will google know if i put my link out there like craigslist and other websites like digg
    Digg is an absolut definate, in reference to craigslist, I am not a huge fan of craigslist becuase I think that there is so much spam, that the search engines just don't index that site as much.

But this is just my opinion, just about anything in SEO is an opinion, becuase if we new all the facts, then everyone would be doing the same thing.

The number thing to keep in mind is to always keep your customers' viewing experience at the top of the list, by providing good content, easy to use navigation, and good overall layout.

Of course. And especially such website as squidoo.com which has a rather big PR. I also use hubpages.com and my content is easily found by via search engine in a few days after posting.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer568 View Post
    I dont think craigslist will make any difference but yes the one on digg will make a difference.

I am not sure about other SEs, but i know that Google's crawl process begins with a list of web page URLs, generated from previous crawl processes, and augmented with Sitemap data provided by webmasters.

As Googlebot visits each of these websites it detects links on each page and adds them to its list of pages to crawl. New sites, changes to existing sites, and dead links are noted and used to update the Google index.