Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clients That Make Your Laugh

Hello WHT Community.

Have you ever had a Client that made you laugh so hard?

I really never had one except a client that submited a support ticket ever 5 min. It was bad..

Client that post a video testimonial about your service on YouTube without being asked to made me laugh so hard
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    Client that post a video testimonial about your service on YouTube without being asked to made me laugh so hard
    Link?

Or it never happened!

Actually, I'm curious to see, was it a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post

Actually, I'm curious to see, was it a good one?
    I too. If you have the link let us watch that.

Or if you don't want it plastered on the board, fire over a PM.

I think posting the link to a client testimonial would somehow violate the WHT rules unfortunately so a PM is probably the best/only option
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I think it is extremely unprofessional to speak negatively, named or not, about any client in a public forum.

Someone needing help is not funny and if you think it is then you do not have the professionalism necessary to run a service-based business.

If someone repeatedly doesn't understand something about the service you provide it is your duty to a) educate them. b) brush up on your support skills because you are not explaining things in a manner they can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by db09 View Post
    I think it is extremely unprofessional to speak negatively, named or not, about any client in a public forum.

Someone needing help is not funny and if you think it is then you do not have the professionalism necessary to run a service-based business.

If someone repeatedly doesn't understand something about the service you provide it is your duty to a) educate them. b) brush up on your support skills because you are not explaining things in a manner they can understand.
    Really?

I have people I can explain things too over and over and over and over and over and over (you get my point), in the plainest English possible and they still dont get it, is that my fault?
    Darren Tod
    RPD Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    I really never had one except a client that submited a support ticket ever 5 min. It was bad..
    Well that depends on why and what the submitted tickets were about. We have a few who do the same. Well, maybe not every 5 minutes but I would say a little too often. If a client needs help I wouldn't consider it a laughing matter to be honest.

if you own hosting company you will have to answer to support requests more often that is why you must make faqs section so your customers can get the answer for there questions

He was sending in support tickets asking stupid questions such as like he would ask 3 times in a row can he use his bathroom it was more like a spam thing I didnt pay much mind to it a delete it it was like 2 days befor he had an invoice,

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    He was sending in support tickets asking stupid questions such as like he would ask 3 times in a row can he use his bathroom
    that is kind of funny.

It was one of the first things I did starting a host: make a decent FAQ area that answers the basic stuff. That way, it avoids all of the obvious tickets and Live Chat contacts.

Yeah i had one or more he thought that google is browser, so i was explaining the difference between google and IE for about 30 minutes
    And about 10 people asked me 10 minutes after they bought domain name why arent they first on google

HAHA,

reading your experiences really made me laugh hard..

I guess we all should take the bright side of life...

the one that makes me laugh the hardest was..when they confuse a whmcs and their cPanel, and quickly dispute on paypal, taking the effort to explain to paypal, that we were not legitimate because we use whmcs and not cPanel..

????? I see alot of host are "not legitimate" then because they use whmcs..

OH and yeah there was one time, where a guy wrote us off as rip off stating that the only reason was that we are from Indonesia...

whats up with that?? Racist, imperialist! LOL

geez I cant stop laughing..
    Crayon Web Solutions
    WHMtutorial
    "Support and Serve"

Quote Originally Posted by crayonhost View Post
    HAHA,

reading your experiences really made me laugh hard..

I guess we all should take the bright side of life...

the one that makes me laugh the hardest was..when they confuse a whmcs and their cPanel, and quickly dispute on paypal, taking the effort to explain to paypal, that we were not legitimate because we use whmcs and not cPanel..

????? I see alot of host are "not legitimate" then because they use whmcs..

OH and yeah there was one time, where a guy wrote us off as rip off stating that the only reason was that we are from Indonesia...

whats up with that?? Racist, imperialist! LOL

geez I cant stop laughing..
    Lol I had someone call me a fraudster because they where trying to dial a number for help that he found on a tottally different website * news website * that never worked.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Something that made me laugh... Is I know a government site that is using "free" hosting... Its like there main site for there country...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

One of my customer call me and ask, "May I change my monitor because MSN doesn't work on it"

One of my customer call me and ask, "May I change my monitor because MSN doesn't work on it"
    Thats pretty awesome the question is what did you say after that...

I explain him how computer works and recommend him Antivirus. Don't know what happen after that.

The most common stupidity I get goes something like this... the call gets transfered to me...

Me: This is Robert, what did you break?
    Them: Haha. My email isnt working, I get an error when I try to check it.
    Me: Ok, bring up your browser and lets log you into web based email.
    Them: Browser?
    Me: Internet Explorer.
    Them: I cant. I dont have internet right now and am waiting for {insert ISP} to come fix it.

I think moreso than make you laugh, some clients just force you to shake your head in disbelief.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

I had a potential client ask why we didn't offer unlimited space and/or bandwidth on any of our products. That was pretty funny.

My favorite though are the clients that have been sent multiple notices, given 45 days to pay an outstanding balance and then when service is disconnected, all hell breaks loose.
    Peaktera - Infrastructure as a Service
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation
    Peaktera - www.Peaktera.com

Given 45 days to pay an outstanding balance and then when service is disconnected, all hell breaks loose.
    Plain annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by redrocksdatacenter View Post
    I had a potential client ask why we didn't offer unlimited space and/or bandwidth on any of our products. That was pretty funny.

My favorite though are the clients that have been sent multiple notices, given 45 days to pay an outstanding balance and then when service is disconnected, all hell breaks loose.
    Both are clients you are better off without

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast