Exclamation Need A customized Plan

Hi there, I'm looking to restart my blog. I need some quality and reliable hosting for this, most of my previous providers have sucked in all honesty.
    I don't want a generic shared hosting plan, I need a reputable company who will sit down and make me their customer.

Here's what I need:

-Uptime. I don't mind a few minutes of downtime to do upgrades, etc., but anything more than that is not acceptable.

-Speed - No laggy servers/sites, the site should load fast.

-10 GB Storage
    -Enough bandwidth to handle 30k-100k pagehits per month
    - FTP Access
    - Be able to handle 20-100 users online at any time on the site, and it not go down.
    - some way for me to add email accounts, subdomains, domains, ftp accounts.
    - allow scripting, php, etc
    -mysql databases with phpmyadmin

and a decent price, my budget is 13$ or less per month

the best host will get a special advertisement on our blog. thank you!
    -

Seems reasonable. Any idea how many unique hits you get per day or per month? What type of blog are you using (Wordpress, etc.)?

We used to be at about 3-5k unique hits per month (100%+ increase every month), and Wordpress.
    -

You should do well with any reputable host with cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel offerings.

EDIT: +1 for what type of blog, wordpress, joomla, etc... Mostly text? Graphics? Large images, small images, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    You should do well with any reputable host with cPanel or DirectAdmin control panel offerings.
    I know that, but I would prefer a company that would sit down with me and talk things out and help get set. I like the personal feel in web hosting.
    -

What type of control panel are you looking into?

Quote Originally Posted by ToNeZ View Post
    What type of control panel are you looking into?
    cPanel would be nice.
    -

Unfortunately direct advertising is not allowed on here. At best we can point out recommendations and you talk it over with somebody you find interesting and reliable.

Unfortunately direct advertising is not allowed on here. At best we can point out recommendations and you talk it over with somebody you find interesting and reliable.
    Well, do you think you could recommend some people/companies?
    -

IGX as you see above is active and from what I've seen reliable. Another would be HawkHost. I would avoid some of the bigger 'unlimited' guys, but I have a feeling you know that.

I'm not sure you will find a shared hosting plan for $13 or less that can provide you with 100 concurrent Wordpress users and with zero downtime and never delays in page loading.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    I'm not sure you will find a shared hosting plan for $13 or less that can provide you with 100 concurrent Wordpress users and with zero downtime and never delays in page loading.
    If I increase my budget, are there any providers that can do that?
    So far I'm liking IGX and PhotonVPS - any reviews on those?
    -

I've played around with KnownHost's VPS's before. They are pretty solid, managed and you can have cPanel. I'd gather a hand full, and fire off questions directly to them and see how they respond. i.e. canned response or a personal response. Just to see what kind of feel you get from them.

I also think they have a promo in the VPS offers section. As do many others.

Quote Originally Posted by webdis2 View Post
    -Enough bandwidth to handle 30k-100k pagehits per month
    This sadly does not say enough; 30k - 100k pagehits ; but how much data is that per page ? is that a few kb or are they rather larger ? A simple wordpress page can be easily 300kb on average.

Your price seems to be in the right region although a bit on the low side, especially if you may have spikes going above those 100k and dont want to be pushed to upgrade each and every time.

I understand you want to sit down with the host to talk about your blog and see how you can avoid the above, i can only advise to contact some of the hosts you have good feeling about and see if they can give you some personal plan fitting your personal needs.

As I see it you are not searching for a webhost; but a webhosting partner; a company which cares about your business. Which everyone should do.

I've played around with KnownHost's VPS's before. They are pretty solid, managed and you can have cPanel. I'd gather a hand full, and fire off questions directly to them and see how they respond. i.e. canned response or a personal response. Just to see what kind of feel you get from them.

I also think they have a promo in the VPS offers section. As do many others.
    This is a good recommendation. But you will need to talk this over with the hosts you are considering, as we can't really help you here (i.e. no self promotion allowed). I don't know if you were considering a shared account, but it seems like a VPS is the best way to go for a site like yours that is steadily growing.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    This sadly does not say enough; 30k - 100k pagehits ; but how much data is that per page ? is that a few kb or are they rather larger ? A simple wordpress page can be easily 300kb on average.

Your price seems to be in the right region although a bit on the low side, especially if you may have spikes going above those 100k and dont want to be pushed to upgrade each and every time.

I understand you want to sit down with the host to talk about your blog and see how you can avoid the above, i can only advise to contact some of the hosts you have good feeling about and see if they can give you some personal plan fitting your personal needs.

As I see it you are not searching for a webhost; but a webhosting partner; a company which cares about your business. Which everyone should do.
    Yeah, most of the pages were around 40-75k in size, so I'm not sure how much bandwidth that would be.

Thank you for your reply.
    -

If my rusty math and rough calculations are correct, you should be pushing about 7.3GB of traffic per month. So if you can find a plan with 10GB~ more or less bandwidth per month, you should be fine.

If I did it right I estimated for your peak guesstimate. 75KB x 100,000 Page Views = 7,500,000KB. Divide that by 1024 and you end up with 7324MB~ which is just a little over 7GB