Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My vote is for Innohosting. Their service is great, their prices give value for money, and they don't make you pay for extras.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    cPanel running on Windows?
    They run on windows? :| Big no to HeartInternet then.

cPanel does run on windows, actually, but it's in beta. But seen the tedious look of the HeartInternet panel, it was created when screens had only 256 colours so it would not by any chance be cPanel on Windows then

Hi all

I dont post all that often but lurk regularly and i felt i may be able to offer something here. Sorry for the long ramble but i thought i'd share my experiences.

I have been with heartinternet as a reseller for a few years now and they have been really good. I don't actually use them for reselling though, more my plaything really. With unlimited (*cough* unmetered) space and bandwidth, they are great for trying stuff out on. Proper critical hosting stuff goes on VPS or Dedis with iFusehosting.

If however you want to do anything advanced with heart - forget it! As an example, I have just asked them to setup DNS Glue for one of my domains (if you dont know what that is then heart will likely be fine for you) and they said its 」50+VAT!!!

I explained that i had been a reseller for years and it's free from most good registrars and is really a very simple task but still they said (and i quote) "Thank you for your reply. Yes this cannot be done free of charge it will cost 」50 + VAT for us to do this for you."

As a result (and a matter of principle) i'm in the process of migrating everything away from heart and over to a BIG VPS at iFuseHosting which is the same price as the heart reseller acct and comes with cPanel/WHM and a bunch of IP adresses.

As for support at iFuse - it's second to none and true 24/7 - none of the email or ticket malarky. 9/10 times you log a ticket and 5 minutes later the phone rings!

So in my personal experience of both companies. Whilst at this present point in time i'd love to say heart are useless and to avoid them at all costs, I wouldn't be telling the truth. They are a great entry level provider with good support and fairly quick servers. On the other hand iFuse are a cut above and certainly if you are looking for VPS/Dedi solutions (the only REAL way to resell with confidence) i doubt they could be beaten!

All the best!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nubai View Post
    Hi all
    Hi and welcome Mark,

I really enjoyed reading your first post.

As a result (and a matter of principle) i'm in the process of migrating everything away from heart and over to a BIG VPS at iFuseHosting ...
    OK, so you are in the process of migrating I am susrprised you know so much about their support already.

As for support at iFuse - it's second to none and true 24/7 - none of the email or ticket malarky. 9/10 times you log a ticket and 5 minutes later the phone rings!
    Really, a phone call after 5 minutes of logging a ticket. You must be a very special client to warrant all that VIP attention.

How long did you say you have been with iFuse?

I don't know about other WHTers, but to me this read more like a review of IFuse. and since the OP did not ask for VPS or dedicated, I am wondering why you recommended them.

Of course if it's a review, why don't you go ahead and report the domain to the mods for verification. or just click REPORT

... if you are looking for VPS/Dedi solutions (the only REAL way to resell with confidence) i doubt they could be beaten!
    Actually, the OP did not say he was looking for either VPS or dedicated, as I recall.

--Michael

Hehe, i though that as i read it back.

i'll clarify for you though...

OK, so you are in the process of migrating I am susrprised you know so much about their support already.
    A couple of paragraphs up and i state ...

I don't actually use them for reselling though, more my plaything really. With unlimited (*cough* unmetered) space and bandwidth, they are great for trying stuff out on. Proper critical hosting stuff goes on VPS or Dedis with iFusehosting.
    I've been using dedi's and VPS for a long time but their resources are not for wasting on "tinkering", unlimited space when speed isn't critical on the other hand... fill your boots!

Point 2

Really, a phone call after 5 minutes of logging a ticket. You must be a very special client to warrant all that VIP attention.
    Not at all. easier to thrash out complicated issues on the phone rather than backwards on email. Whether everyone gets it or not - who knows.

As for the VPS, it works out the same cost as hearts offering for reseller accounts. With the cpanel and WHM you can resell what you like and have the performance increase of a VPS. At the last check there were over 800 other sites on one of my heart servers and they can get very slow.

and lastly - point 3.

The OP asked for opinions and all feedback welcome - they are my opinions and my feed back.

People who are looking for a new reseller account will use the search button and look for "best UK host" or "best UK Reseller". This thread stands a chance of popping up so i though i'd put in all the info on 2 of the reccomended hosts already mentioned in this thread.

Oh, and just for the record, you may have noticed, i've been a member here for 3.5 years and so haven't just signed up to advertise or gain through affiliate schemes (no links or referer ids) and I have no assoc with either company other than i have stuff hosted with both.

Sorry if it wasn't to your liking and i've breached rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubai View Post
    Hehe, i though that as i read it back.

i'll clarify for you though...
    Hi Mark, well thanks for the clarification.

It's just that that it looked like a review from a 1 time poster--and we get pretty suspicious of that. Even though iFuse Hosting has a good name in the industry.

Sorry if it wasn't to your liking and i've breached rules.
    A review of your migration process, and maybe a later review could be helpful for others, since iFuse are active on WHT.

--Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    UK2 are good. Been with them for over 2 years and only 1 or 2 short outages. Not sure if they do Windows reseller.
    I dont think UK2.net offers windows reseller hosting, atleast that was I could not find on their webiste.

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post

How long did you say you have been with iFuse?

I don't know about other WHTers, but to me this read more like a review of IFuse. and since the OP did not ask for VPS or dedicated, I am wondering why you recommended them.
    iFuseHosting also sells shared an reseller hosting, which is why I recommended them in the first place.

And no, you don't have to be a VIP client to get a phone call, they are just that great a company with fantastic support. You can call them six days a week and file tickets with true 24/7 support (except for some escalations, of course).

It's great to hear other people being so satisfied with iFuseHosting, and it's good that a switch is being made from HeartInternet to iFuseHosting.

Are the servers in USA faster than the UK servers?

That's not really a good question to ask. You'd need to define if you meant in the speed of carriers to/from DC's and routing or the overall functioning of the server (racked) itself.

It'd be hard to answer anyway as there are a lot of elements that'd need looked at first in order to address it.
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraz3QCon View Post
    Yes, if you are in the US or East Asia countries likes Japan, Korea

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    clook is also a good choice.
    Clook are amazing - i've been with them for over 4 years and have only praise for their support, notifications and servers.
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraz3QCon View Post
    iFuseHosting has UK servers and a UK network,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12