need Hoster, good connection Asia/EU

Hello,

i need a hoster with this spec.:

.) ~ 5GB Space
    .) unlimited mysql db,
    .) Joomla, Wordpress, phpbb running full (mod_rewrite, htaccess etc)
    .) paypal or CC for cashtransfer
    .) free domain transfer, free domainmanager (unl. domains)
    And PLEASE: a good connection to the EU and Asia.

I didn't need unlimited transfer, space etc.

Only same few little site's (no downloadsite etc).

At the moment i have fatcow, but it is absolutly to slow
    (okok, with this price are 1000043443 people on one server).

Only a good, fast provider, with "normal" prices.

If sameone advise a provider, please give me the URL for checking the speed.

thx

regards
    Tami

Edit: and i need it "now"
    Last edited by tami6699; 08-18-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Hi there,

You should be able to find that providing your expectation of "normal" prices is "normal". If you're in the EU, I'd advise asking for a download file from a host and testing your download speed as well as ping. This should help you to determine the quality of the connection. I believe the East Coast (America) has a good connection to the EU.

Also, I'd advise that you search each host you're interested in on this forum. Often it will bring up some quite good review. By the way, do you have a budget for this - explain "normal" prices?

I'd recommend having a look at the offers section. Some hosts will do you a good deal.

Most any provider can offer a good connection to EU. It is usually an over loaded server that causes issues as you noted.

Hello,

good is relative, ok / also "normal".

In Germany the prices are higher than in US, but i need only little space, not much bandwith...

East Coast good to the EU but not so good to Asia, or ?

Budget: ~ 50 USD / year (didnt need a domain, only at first 1 transfer from fatcow to NEW)

@Mike
    Shared Web Hosting is ok, but i dont like a constriction at:
    domain, MySQL 5 Databases, POP3 Accounts

Many hosts with well tuned servers offer good connections to the EU, and excessive restrictions on databases, e-mail addresses, etc are from the stone age, IMHO.

I didn't understand why things as: how many DB's, Mailaccounts etc. are restricited didnt costs samething.

Quote Originally Posted by ddontheweb View Post
    Many hosts with well tuned servers offer good connections to the EU, and excessive restrictions on databases, e-mail addresses, etc are from the stone age, IMHO.
    not so nice terms of service

Hi,

I believe you should go cor VPS hosting in which you will have root access and you will be able to install everything you want. You will find packages with 5GB disk space in the google. You can check offer section of WHT too.

Quote Originally Posted by thewebedge View Post
    Hi,

I believe you should go cor VPS hosting in which you will have root access and you will be able to install everything you want. You will find packages with 5GB disk space in the google. You can check offer section of WHT too.
    thx, but i didnt need root server access (only user, not technical)

I honestly wouldn't recommend VPS to you, as you said - you just want to be able to setup your website and get going; not worry about technical issues. As said, many American hosts can offer fairly good service to EU/Asia. My host, for example, receives very good ping in the EU and Asia.
    Last edited by AH-Oliver; 08-18-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Oliver View Post
    I honestly wouldn't recommend VPS to you, as you said - you just want to be able to setup your web site and get going; not worry about technical issues. As said, many American hosts can offer fairly good service to EU/Asia. My host, for example, receives very good ping in the EU and Asia.
    wich and please send me your url for check the speed in Asia/eu

thx

thx all, have a new provider.

i will post, if i finished upload, test etc.

Many hosts with well tuned servers offer good connections to the EU
    The server can be perfectly optimised, but connectivity is a whole other matter. After a point, no matter what you do, the laws of physics intervene, and you can't do much about it.

Back to the server, from my experience, Fatcow is indeed very slow when it comes to server performance for dynamic sites. Most hosts do significantly better than them in this respect. That's good news in a way: you're unlikely to do much worse.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 08-18-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    The server can be perfectly optimised, but connectivity is a whole other matter. After a point, no matter what you do, the laws of physics intervene, and you can't do much about it.

Back to the server, from my experience, Fatcow is indeed very slow when it comes to server performance for dynamic sites. Most hosts do significantly better than them in this respect. That's good new in a way: you're unlikely to do much worse.
    When it gets to that point its time to break out the fairy's and magic pixie dust!

Okay maybe not, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Quote Originally Posted by tami6699 View Post

And PLEASE: a good connection to the EU and Asia.

Tami,

Asia is quite big, can you be a bit more specific, i.e. south-east asia has rather good connections towards europe; others might have better connectivity towards west coast US.

Maybe a bit more information about your needs someone can give some better suggestions.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by tami6699 View Post
    thx all, have a new provider.

i will post, if i finished upload, test etc.
    Who did you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSRV View Post
    Who did you choose?
    Aperture

Yesterday good support, good and friendly help with install.

Today a ticket response time 1 min. and solve...

At the moment, perfectly, the site is much more faster (in Asia) and EU will tested later (i don't know why, but same people like to sleep).