Thread: help

help

hi every body

i have server but but happened hack for several sites with same
    way in the same time

i want to know how to prevent that and how to prevent ssh files to upload in my server?

i wait u seriously

thx

If you don't know much about server security I would strongly suggest hiring someone to secure your server for you. They will be able to configure it in such a way where you get instant e-mail notifications when someone uploads files, server load gets high and much more.

I'm curious how do you know the sites have been hacked the same way?
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

You should see if your hosting provider provides technical support and can assist in the hardening of the servers ports/security. There are a number of things you can implement on your solution to help protect against hacks such as a hardware firewall, and port monitoring.
    Miguel Villegas, VP Sales & New Business Development CloudMega.net
    CloudMega, Inc. US | CloudMega, Ltd UK
    US Toll Free: 888.401.2006 | Intl +1 312.757.5400
    UK Toll Free: 0800.368.9925 | Intl +44 20.3540.7807

What control panel are you using? would help knowing

Theres no one simple solution to those problems and there's likely other problems that may need to be checked for now too. As some others have suggested you should either outsource this to a support company that can help you or ask your service provider for help, even if theres a fee involved it would be well worth it.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

I would recommend you to hire a security expert that can go through your server, hardening it. Believe me it isn't a waste of money! Security isn't something you learn just by reading a couple of articles about it on the internet, it takes time and if you won't take the time to learn it, hire someone that does it for you.

You can protect making sure that all the files in ~/.ssh have no group or other read/write permissions.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Quote Originally Posted by goahead View Post
    hi every body

i have server but but happened hack for several sites with same
    way in the same time

i want to know how to prevent that and how to prevent ssh files to upload in my server?

i wait u seriously

thx
    I suggest you get out of dedicated server and move to shared, maybe you are not ready.

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues....

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

There are several methods an attacker can gain access to your server. It does not have to be from ssh, it can be from something as simple as a vulnerable php script. You need to have your entire server audited for security, this includes the server software such as your linux kernel. If someone exploits a vulnerable php script then they can then execute a kernel exploit on a vulnerable kernel and get root access WITHOUT USING SSH.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

^ I highly recommend Rack911, you should make a budget for securing your server and do periodic audits.

Cheers