Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well I'm in Australia and I don't have access to anything on my server. I also know someone with a server on WT and their accounts are down too. Their main site is up though as that is hosted with someone else.

The main WT site is down too for me.

Well this should be fun to help me promote my new hosting services that DID until now have 100% uptime

Update (somehwat 30 seconds after this post...)
    Everything is working again...

Is that like lighting a cigarette when waiting for the bus? Just as you spark it the bus comes!

And with WT saying there is no ETA, though could go on your the remainder of the maintenance window which is just over 3.5 hours left.

Houston we have liftoff, i'm able to load my sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Holfy View Post
    Well I'm in Australia and I don't have access to anything on my server. I also know someone with a server on WT and their accounts are down too. Their main site is up though as that is hosted with someone else.

The main WT site is down too for me.

Well this should be fun to help me promote my new hosting services that DID until now have 100% uptime

I feel you.

Well, Wiredtree used to be good provider to me until this, this is making me unhappy now to be honest.

Funny thing is that they say that we can call them, or open up a ticket (which i did, long time ago) without response, means .. something is really f*up?

My sites also seem to be up and running as of this moment.

I managed to receive a response for my ticket:

"We are performing some network maintenance at the data center and are expecting everything to go back to normal within 10-15 minutes."

I honestly think WiredTree is still a great provider. They did announce this maintenance 4 days prior to the event anyway. I'm sure they're working very hard to get things back on track as we're posting in this thread.

The network maintenance notice states it will be complete by 6am CST. If you have redundancy inplace, you've got nothing to sweat about.

ok my website is back online..

Im happy now..

"We are performing some network maintenance at the data center and are expecting everything to go back to normal within 10-15 minutes."

Quote Originally Posted by SSHocker View Post
    The network maintenance notice states it will be complete by 6am CST. If you have redundancy inplace, you've got nothing to sweat about.
    Hi SSHocker

Could you please explain what redundancy you have in place? Did WiredTree set it up for you?

I know crap can happen during maintenance, but they should update us with info. A blanket email, an update on the grove, or something. Communication during these situations is extremely helpful and save a lot of time in the long run dealing with phone calls and tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post

I honestly think WiredTree is still a great provider. They did announce this maintenance 4 days prior to the event anyway. I'm sure they're working very hard to get things back on track as we're posting in this thread.
    Well, i think that too, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by powerMonster-Scott View Post
    I know crap can happen during maintenance, but they should update us with info. A blanket email, an update on the grove, or something. Communication during these situations is extremely helpful and save a lot of time in the long run dealing with phone calls and tickets.
    I agree.

Agreed, Scott. They did reply to my ticket promptly though, within 20 minutes. Perhaps they were just overloaded with the requests they had when the servers went down. Grove seems to be up and accessible now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post

I too got the same reply.

This is how I setup

Server 1 >> Server 2 >> Server 3

All my customers are on failover DNS. If Server1 goes down the traffic gets routed automatically to Server2 which I have with another provider in a geographically dispersed location

The data from Server1 to Server2 is replicated hourly by rsync. and Server3 holds .gz backups daily weekly and monthly.

I set that up myself
    Last edited by SSHocker; 08-08-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Everything was okay for me for couple of minutes from different locations, now again it is not reachable.

I've been waiting for nearly 40 minutes for my ticket to be responded to. I just got the confirmation that it was received a few minutes ago and it was entered in duplicated. So there are routing issues with the grove and their email system.

But if they had updated the grove, then we wouldn't be submitting tickets. If they had turned their phone on to an "all call" message stating that we know there are issues and we're working on them and to press 1 if your issue is NOT this, they would also save a lot of wasted manpower. Just some suggestions that have worked for us in the past.

Summary of Maintenance:
    The purpose of this work is to perform fail over testing in our Chicago, IL data center. This testing is to ensure that all systems continue to stay running. Best practice and procedures will be employed throughout the maintenance and we would like to ensure that our clients are aware of the activity. During this maintenance a number of network engineers will be on site.

Customer Impact:
    During this maintenance window, there may be one or more brief interruptions while network traffic is rerouted across our providers and other network equipment. These interruptions should last less than one minute each. Any interruptions lasting longer than one minute will be addressed immediately by the on site network engineers.

If you have any questions or concerns about this maintenance notification, please open a ticket with WiredTree support in Grove or contact us by phone at (Toll-Free: 866-523-8733, Local: +1 312-447-0510).

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank You,
    WiredTree Support
    (Toll Free) 1.866.523.8733
    (Local) +1.312.447.0510
    (Fax) +1.312.447.0514
    While we did experience about a 45-60 seconds of downtime this morning. Wiredtree did announce this on Aug 4th, giving you plenty of time to notify all of your clients that you would be performing server maintenance during the specified timeframe

Now if they didn't announce this then it would be a big deal.

" These interruptions should last less than one minute each. Any interruptions lasting longer than one minute will be addressed immediately by the on site network engineers. "

As i mentioned i was down for more then 30 minutes or so, that is not nice.

If it was couple of time, couple of minuets i wouldn't mind.

I believe (apart from this) WT are a fantastic host. It just took a little longer than expected, that and the fact that their site was down.

I won't be moving and I'm not "Peeved" off. I just needed to quickly change my pants when everything "Went Down" :p

It's all up again and fortunatly for me, no one seemed to notice

I don't need to tie them up with "What is happening/happened" ticket as that then stops them from "Fixing" any problems because they need to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Holfy View Post
    It's all up again and fortunatly for me, no one seemed to notice
    Good stuff.

I wish it was like that for me

Quote Originally Posted by s-f-r-j View Post
    Good stuff.

I wish it was like that for me

It wasn't that way when I was with my last host. I had a VPS with a well known and well trusted service.. Everything went down for 18+ hours.

THAT was not fun explaining to customers.

That's why I'm with WT now and using a Dedi not a VPS.

Just got response from them (ticket) after about an hour.

I we are aware of the intermittent issues with connectivity as part of the scheduled network maintenance and we are working to resolve them as soon as possible. You should see connectivity restored soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience that our scheduled maintenance may have caused you.

I we are aware of the intermittent issues with connectivity as part of the scheduled network maintenance and we are working to resolve them as soon as possible. You should see connectivity restored soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience that our scheduled maintenance may have caused you.

Quote Originally Posted by s-f-r-j View Post

LAWL at the well worded "We told you there was going to be maintenance!.. We never said how long!"

You may check if your server is reachable from different locations here:

http://host-tracker.com

Mine is still not, from many.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast