Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think, perhaps, that you need to continue your education before investing more in this company. I'm not a worker for or owner of a web hosting business, nor am I very skilled at all but even I knew all of what they mentioned. It's very frightening that you didn't.
    Housewife Model 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by bentink View Post
    Honestly after all this also till now I did not look at the tables yet. But I will by today. I get so busy with Linux courses that I do not have any time to see the MySQL tables. I thought the emails were in encrypted form.
    it's something like you want to climb the mountain but you don't even know how to climb a Tree.

or it's something Like you are trying to get a Kid but you are not married.

Really bentink I was a customer of your company and All i saw a bad behaviors and excuses from you" your faults".

the only good thing you did is refunding me.

Learn the basics/learn programming then you can handle a hosting company.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

I think you should of waited first before doing a dispte

You lost the dispute? How in the hell...I have never won a single paypal buyer dispute ever...even with more proof that I needed.

They won???
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Honestly after all this also till now I did not look at the tables yet. But I will by today. I get so busy with Linux courses that I do not have any time to see the MySQL tables. I thought the emails were in encrypted form.
    So you just made an assumption based on ignorance or lack of knowledge rather than checking before asserting any claims?

Quote Originally Posted by futts View Post
    I think, perhaps, that you need to continue your education before investing more in this company. I'm not a worker for or owner of a web hosting business, nor am I very skilled at all but even I knew all of what they mentioned. It's very frightening that you didn't.
    I do agree with what futts has said based upon your responses to every thread on this forum concerning your company and all of the negative threads (that have been verified) about your company and issues with your company and yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_wolf6 View Post
    the only good thing you did is refunding me.
    Consider yourself lucky in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_wolf6 View Post
    Learn the basics/learn programming then you can handle a hosting company.
    Even having a basic grasp for how relational database applications function would be a major plus. I know most of what I know from my history (15+ years) of programming in just about every language and dealing with databases and servers on a daily basis for several years now. I will admit that I don't know everything, that I know more than I used to, and I know where to the answer if I don't currently have the answer.

Being knowledgeable is not nearly as important as being resourceful and knowing where to find the knowledge that you do not currently possess when you need the information.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalidf View Post
    Should I continue with this provider? My confidence is shacked. I don't want to continue and asked them to avail 30 Days money back guarantee but now they came up with a hidden cost of $50 for administration fee. What the hell is this? If they are going to deduct $50 from my paid $59 then what sort of this money back guarantee?

Please advise what should I do?

Thanks,

Khalid
    Mate....I'd let them eat the $$$ and prey that they choke on it, and move away ASAP.

It will prove to be a cheap lesson learned, plus you have gained the knowledge within this thread that prospective hosting clients will be cutting WTH a wide berth when they come across this thread.

Hopefully WTH do have someone with some savvy of phpmyadmin & mysql....or are they just learning as they go along.

Either way it does look like the blind leading the blind.

Even smalltime bedroom kiddie hosts have a fair degree of knowledge.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Hi,

I really appreciate all responses (specially by MikeDVB). I am honored to see so many people helping me to understand this situation and to take decision accordingly. This forum is great.

Last night, I was in discussion with one of my friend who is a blogger and he raised some very interesting points. I thought this would be of great interest by people here or at least I can hear their point of view on it. The point he made is not for WebTHosting.com rather for Paypal. Paypal has a repute that people trust them and use their services to buy or sell things. Now consider following two terms that WebTHosting.com has introduced,

If we receive any dispute or chargeback from the payment processor you are not eligible for a refund and your account will be charged $50 ad "Administrative Fee"; we also reserve the right to take any action on the account.
    and more to that,

WebT Hosting reserves the right to revise its policies at any time without notice.
    The question is "Why paypal has a dispute resolution feature? Or why credit card companies offer Chargeback facility?" This only to support their clients for saving them against frauds. Like what I did. When I felt that I was ripped off by this company, I opened a dispute at Paypal to help safeguard my money.

How this is possible that a seller snatches your right to safeguard your money? Is that ethical? Moreover, if a company wanted to change terms of reference at any time without any notice, then what is the purpose of mentioning terms of use on their website Or showing it before a transaction?

Finally, this is also the soul of justice that if two parties are in a dispute then a 3rd party should decide as who is right and who is wrong. Why WebTHosting is putting a constraint on their clients not to use Paypal's dispute resolution services? Why they wanted the ultimate right to do whatever they feel good at their own disposal?

As I said, this case is already filed as dispute at paypal. Now I wanted to see their outcome. If they decided in favor of WebTHosting, then it means they indirectly supporting the fraud people to rip off their clients if they are using Paypal.

Please tell me your views as how you see this point?

PayPal's a bank. If you write a check to someone, they cash it and don't give you what you bought, the bank has nothing further to do with the dispute and your money is gone. So there's a point-of-view out there that PayPal does more than any other bank to facilitate dispute resolution. There's a lot of fraud out there, so caveat emptor rules. Fortunately, we have the Internet, so anyone can search for information about a potential host -- and hopefully discover they're using PayPal to cover their fraudulent behavior -- before signing up.

In the modern economy, I think it's about time PayPal revises their procedures regarding "intangible" products. Because right now, fraudsters are abusing the hell out of PayPal to shield them from accountability to their customers.

Any well-written TOS will contain a clause stating that the terms may change at any time, without notice. That means it's up to the customer to monitor their host's TOS page. In this situation, the company doesn't appear to have altered their TOS until after this conflict arose, which is of course completely unethical, and in a legal dispute would likely be unenforceable.

Using a changing TOS to scam customers out of their money is FRAUD, but I'm still undecided as to whether this company is an outright fraud, or merely slow to catch on, ethics-wise. It depends on whether this company makes right with the OPs of this thread, as well as this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=879699

Bentink could still come to his senses, and refund this customer's money in full, as well as let that other customer get his data and move on. If this company insists on continuing the practice of arbitrary administrative fees for every issue they run into, then change their TOS in an effort to enforce these fraudulent charges, then this company is blatantly and fraudulently unethical.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

I personally read Terms of Services of several webhosts, Charging someone $50.00 for Administrative fees that cost them nothing to setup the account in the first place is unethical. To setup and account it would cost them little to nothing at all, But for a client to file a dispute and for WebT to charge $50.00 for that is quite redicioluous.

Personally, I would not host with a Company that would charge for every minor thing, Even if it was in their TOS. And this is what I advise to everyone READ THE TOS it is not hard and it can save you this hassle in the long run.

*Sighs*

Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by mkhalidf View Post
    Hi,

I really appreciate all responses (specially by MikeDVB). I am honored to see so many people helping me to understand this situation and to take decision accordingly. This forum is great.

Last night, I was in discussion with one of my friend who is a blogger and he raised some very interesting points. I thought this would be of great interest by people here or at least I can hear their point of view on it. The point he made is not for WebTHosting.com rather for Paypal. Paypal has a repute that people trust them and use their services to buy or sell things. Now consider following two terms that WebTHosting.com has introduced,

and more to that,

The question is "Why paypal has a dispute resolution feature? Or why credit card companies offer Chargeback facility?" This only to support their clients for saving them against frauds. Like what I did. When I felt that I was ripped off by this company, I opened a dispute at Paypal to help safeguard my money.

How this is possible that a seller snatches your right to safeguard your money? Is that ethical? Moreover, if a company wanted to change terms of reference at any time without any notice, then what is the purpose of mentioning terms of use on their website Or showing it before a transaction?

Finally, this is also the soul of justice that if two parties are in a dispute then a 3rd party should decide as who is right and who is wrong. Why WebTHosting is putting a constraint on their clients not to use Paypal's dispute resolution services? Why they wanted the ultimate right to do whatever they feel good at their own disposal?

As I said, this case is already filed as dispute at paypal. Now I wanted to see their outcome. If they decided in favor of WebTHosting, then it means they indirectly supporting the fraud people to rip off their clients if they are using Paypal.

Please tell me your views as how you see this point?
    And when you want to cancel your DSL connection (say) you will go to the bank to do a reverse of the Installation fee, etc or place a cancellation request at the provider? Most of the hosting providers have these in the terms.

I agree completely with MikeDVB's posts.

I've only seen this company, bentink specifically, basically blame their customers for everything and anything, while demonstrating that he has no basic knowledge of hosting technology *without even realizing it*. Dude. Get a clue on how to treat customers, or you will be out before your domain officially turns 1 year old. The lack of knowledge is almost excusable if you treat your customers human. You do realize what you post here is *permanent*, for anyone looking up reviews, right?

You may want to give that fact some consideration before opening your mouth in response to a customer again.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

And when you want to cancel your DSL connection (say) you will go to the bank to do a reverse of the Installation fee, etc or place a cancellation request at the provider? Most of the hosting providers have these in the terms.
    If my DSL provider treated me as bad as you appear to treat your customers (based upon threads and posts on this forum) I would probably do a lot more than reversing the charges - I would likely speak with an attorney to see what (if any) legal actions I could take against such a company.

It's only a matter of time before you try to screw over the wrong person and end up in the hot-seat.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

HEY Dan_EZPZ is there a way to slow that video down.

Just insert another row and edit the date and time and ID. Here.. I even made a little video to show you how simple it is.

http://07z.net/2009-08-04_1726.swf

Dan did do it pretty darn quick didn't he?

Yes.That is the point that you should contact your host company whenever you come across a problem with the service rather than filed a dispute.This is just the same with that a host company suspended a account without any notice.
    About whether continue using them or not will be your choice.Try to search WebThosting.com on WHT to check out if there will be a review from others.And you can do it also on google.If you want a refund,I suggest you reading their TOS first.Most host companys provide an unlimited refund for the first month.But,it will be different they handle a chargeback with paypal.
    Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by eric_pu View Post
    Yes.That is the point that you should contact your host company whenever you come across a problem with the service rather than filed a dispute.This is just the same with that a host company suspended a account without any notice.
    About whether continue using them or not will be your choice.Try to search WebThosting.com on WHT to check out if there will be a review from others.And you can do it also on google.If you want a refund,I suggest you reading their TOS first.Most host companys provide an unlimited refund for the first month.But,it will be different they handle a chargeback with paypal.
    Regards!
    Pretty general information that applies to just about any host - I'm not entirely sure if you read this entire thread before you responded? Most of what you have said, has already been said.

am going to tell you why WebT Hosting is a pathetic hosting company:

* They have horrible customer service and never give you a straight answer
    * They claim to have 99 uptime but that is only the servers for webthosting.com. They host their other sites on different servers and my site has been down constantly while webthosting.com has been fine
    * Most of my pages have a new 500 error that suddenly happened a few days ago and they refuse to do anything about it.
    * They changed my account details without giving me notice and I did nothing wrong.
    * They helped a little as possible when my site was hacked on their servers
    * I lost over $400 dollars in potential business because their server gave my members a 500 error when they wanted to register or donate.

I am making this aware to everybody because I dont want this to happen to anyone else. Hosting sites like this are out to take you money and give you nothing decent in return.

I can't really add more here, just a fact that another unsatisfied customer of webthosting is not a surprising thing anymore, and becoming too common here already. =(

Quote Originally Posted by nokiaman1 View Post
    am going to tell you why WebT Hosting is a pathetic hosting company:

* They have horrible customer service and never give you a straight answer
    * They claim to have 99 uptime but that is only the servers for webthosting.com. They host their other sites on different servers and my site has been down constantly while webthosting.com has been fine
    * Most of my pages have a new 500 error that suddenly happened a few days ago and they refuse to do anything about it.
    * They changed my account details without giving me notice and I did nothing wrong.
    * They helped a little as possible when my site was hacked on their servers
    * I lost over $400 dollars in potential business because their server gave my members a 500 error when they wanted to register or donate.

I am making this aware to everybody because I dont want this to happen to anyone else. Hosting sites like this are out to take you money and give you nothing decent in return.
    I agree with your post. I have had the same experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    I agree with your post. I have had the same experience with them.
    Can you stop bumping these threads? Posts almost 2 weeks old don't need to responded to . Especially with such a simple response...

If they are so defensive, then I would suggest that you leave. But that is only my opinion
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - Jackson@vpsforme.com

If they are going to take most of your money anyways then stay with them till your time is up then move. if the have a SLA and it drops then they would have to refund your money or some kind of compensation but I'm sure that is somewhere in there tos

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW View Post
    Can you stop bumping these threads? Posts almost 2 weeks old don't need to responded to . Especially with such a simple response...
    Saying that you had the same experiences I think is a valid bump - but going "Oh ok" or "Wow that's really bad" wouldn't be valid... Of course this is just my opinion

Heck even me and you just bumped this, although only a little.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12