Thread: How's summer?

How's summer?

Guys/Gals,

How's this summer going so far? Another record or setback? Are you unwinding and getting ready for vacation? Working hard or hardly working? This is one heck of an economy but web hosting is still untamed!

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    Server Management - Unlimited Servers. Unlimited Requests. One Plan!
    cPanel Varnish Plugin -- Seamless SSL Caching (Let's Encrypt, AutoSSL, etc)
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy

This summer is going great over here in California some of them are pretty hot day's. As for webhosting we are doing great and very happy with the result's we are getting this summer. The economy ahhhh is not so great i was an Obama fan but now i think he's pretty much worthless. He say's so much good thing's. He's one great speaker i must admit but when it come's down to it he's doing diffrent.
    Well hope thing's will get fixed soon. What about you UNIXy ?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Dead as can be, only had a few signups since May... the sooner this is over the better

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    What about you UNIXy ?
    I can't complain at all especially with the way things are! I was expecting a poor summer but surprisingly it's steady. Not great but steady. Most new sign ups are refugees of poor service elsewhere, which is good and bad. Good for us but a bad sign that the economy is not improving. I would like to see "new" customers hitting the store.

Hopefully, things will improve. Time will tell.

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    Server Management - Unlimited Servers. Unlimited Requests. One Plan!
    cPanel Varnish Plugin -- Seamless SSL Caching (Let's Encrypt, AutoSSL, etc)
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy

Quote Originally Posted by UNIXy View Post
    I can't complain at all especially with the way things are! I was expecting a poor summer but surprisingly it's steady. Not great but steady. Most new sign ups are refugees of poor service elsewhere, which is good and bad. Good for us but a bad sign that the economy is not improving. I would like to see "new" customers hitting the store.

Hopefully, things will improve. Time will tell.

Best
    Awesome, atleast you know you can keep them happy and only wish for more knocking on the door's.

Best of luck.
    Dustin
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

I would agree with you on the "untamed" comment. We're involved with the Gaming industry and it keeps on chugging ahead. People need their games like others need cigerettes.

Finally! people are finally starting to agree with me that summer sucks for online sales.

This is across the board on the 30+ sites I promote - most of which have nothing to do with web hosting. People are out having fun, going on vacation, spending money AT the vacation spot. Who has time to buy stuff online when you are out having fun?

The only sites I have seen increased sales are ones that are related to summer - for example weight loss sites make more money in the spring to summer and summer periods as people want to look good in their bathing suits.

It's weird how these little trends can change your sales stats.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Summer has been great. My only complaint... I work in the corporate office, and must wear dress clothes.

Doesnt sound too bad... Unless you factor in the matter that I walk 4 blocks to the train from my house every afternoon...

Im gonna get a bike.
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

Quote Originally Posted by Machen - Limestone View Post
    Summer has been great. My only complaint... I work in the corporate office, and must wear dress clothes.

Doesnt sound too bad... Unless you factor in the matter that I walk 4 blocks to the train from my house every afternoon...

Im gonna get a bike.
    4 blocks a day keeps the doctor away!

At least you get some good exercise before you are cramped up in front of a computer all day long.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

I get a time share down on the beach which is about 10 minutes from my house. I work for the best company in the world and I get to spend more time with my kids because it's summer time. Summer's the greatest...
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Im gonna get a bike.
    Biking in a suit doesn't sound fun either! lol Wow, I'm sure the temps get pretty high down there too.

Business has been going well here, we have no complaints. As far as the weather...its hardly been much of a summer...I think this weekend will make up for it thought! *fingers crossed*
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

Summer's been going slowly but that's what happens when most people are away from their computers as dbbrock1 said.

Im gonna get a bike.
    Biking in a suit doesn't sound fun either! lol Wow, I'm sure the temps get pretty high down there too.

Business has been going well here, we have no complaints. As far as the weather...its hardly been much of a summer...I think this weekend will make up for it thought! *fingers crossed*
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by SingleHopSteph View Post
    Hehe, right! Though it might cut down on the amount of time Im exposed to nothing more than the sun and concrete I always see some one just cruise past me, and when I finally make it to the train they're enjoying the wonders of A/C.

Yes, it has been hot. We hit the century mark for a week straight, though things are cooling down a little I suppose.
    Machen N. Mathews - Coinhost.io - Founder
    Cloud - Web & Dedicated Server Hosting - Bitcoin Affiliate Program
    Cryptocurrency Accepted, Privacy Respected. @hostcoin - 720.515.1505

Cannot wait for the summer to be over! I love going to the pool and all, but I'll be happy when everyone gets back to work