Looking for a host

Hello All
    I'm looking for a host that will serve me as I'm building a web application and I need to test it live.
    It needs to have the following things: curl on,safe mode off and cron jobs. I really don't want to handle stuff like domain - host issues because I have no idea how to define those things I just want to be able to upload my scripts and test them and configure the cron jobs.
    If anyone knows of a good cheap host for that, please let me know.

I'll appreciate any help,
    Charlie.

Most of the experts here will ask you what's your budget & what's your requirements (space % bandwidth).
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Red_wolf6 View Post
    Most of the experts here will ask you what's your budget & what's your requirements (space % bandwidth).
    well my space requirement is really low I think Im not even close to 50 mb but lets say 100 mb to be safe.
    Bandwidth wise I will be the only one using it to test it but it will require some bandwidth, I have no experience in those things so it's hard for me to say exactly.

I want the budget to be low as possible, speed is not an issue here because it's just for testing.. I saw "godaddy" hosting costs 1.99$ a month so I guess something in that area .. a few bucks a month.

Forgot one more thing I need is to able to use mysql.

You can find offers here.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

If you want to make sure of the settings ask the respective hosts about that. Do your own intense research before you sign up with any. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by n14charlie View Post
    well my space requirement is really low I think Im not even close to 50 mb but lets say 100 mb to be safe.
    If so a custom package will be better.

Hello All
    I'm looking for a host that will serve me as I'm building a web application and I need to test it live.
    It needs to have the following things: curl on,safe mode off and cron jobs. I really don't want to handle stuff like domain - host issues because I have no idea how to define those things I just want to be able to upload my scripts and test them and configure the cron jobs.
    If anyone knows of a good cheap host for that, please let me know.

I'll appreciate any help,
    Charlie.
    I am using avahost.com to host my website hobbyistparadise.com and I have never had any problems. Unlike 50webs.com where sometimes my site don't show.

Thanks for the help I'll be sure to check it out.
    Anyhow, if someone has experience with a host that suits my needs it will be great, because really there are so many hosts and it's hard to know which ones are decent.

wonder if anyone can recommend: Magmahost

Thanks for the help I'll be sure to check it out.
    Anyhow, if someone has experience with a host that suits my needs it will be great, because really there are so many hosts and it's hard to know which ones are decent.
    Even if some one suggest you a host which is great with respect to their experiences its your responsibility to confirm it by finding reviews on them. You can use the search option here to find reviews.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

Can anyone tell me how do I recgonize if the host I'm buying let me use the site straight away with a domain and everything because I'm not sure, does "Instant setup" mean I can use it right away with a domain they give me? like with this one:
    http://www.midpulse.com/compare.shtml

Can anyone tell me how do I recgonize if the host I'm buying let me use the site straight away with a domain and everything because I'm not sure, does "Instant setup" mean I can use it right away with a domain they give me? like with this one:
    http://www.midpulse.com/compare.shtml
    instant set up usually means right after payment - and payments can take a few minutes to confirm depending on the processor (for example, google checkout for us takes up to 30 minutes to confirm payment for us

what kind of scripts are you running, maybe you can try something along the lines of a sponsorship if your apps aren't too demanding...
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    instant set up usually means right after payment - and payments can take a few minutes to confirm depending on the processor (for example, google checkout for us takes up to 30 minutes to confirm payment for us
    What I'm really trying to understand is that if I buy their "Budget One" plan I can start uploading my scripts and run them or I need to do domain-host configuration, I just have no idea how to do this stuff and wonder if instant setup means they do this stuff for me.

I think most host sites will use FTP to transfer your site to the web. they will give you a password and username or they will let you create one.
    Let me know if you have any problems I might be able to help.

What I'm really trying to understand is that if I buy their "Budget One" plan I can start uploading my scripts and run them or I need to do domain-host configuration, I just have no idea how to do this stuff and wonder if instant setup means they do this stuff for me.
    domain-host configurations? meaning forwarding your domain's nameserver? that would be a good idea

most shared hosts would just create the hosting account for you and email you all the information that you need, such as web address, IP, control panel user and pass, and ftp info, etc. the host is expected to do that - don't completely know what you mean by "domain-host configuration" yet.

Well I decided to go with magmahost, I spoke to a guy from there on msn who helped newbie me, I will keep updated on how they do

Well I decided to go with magmahost, I spoke to a guy from there on msn who helped newbie me, I will keep updated on how they do
    Best of luck. Give us your review after a couple of months as you said.

Great! We are sure you will have a easy hosting experience with us. If you need anything you can ask me directly on MSN or simply contact us by our website.
    ►► Magmahost ►► Professional & Affordable Shared, Reseller Services.
    »» Performance, Reliability, Stability. Your data is safe with us.
    »» 99.9 Uptime | Extremely Secure | 24/7 Support | LiteSpeed
    ★ Hosting anyone can afford. ★ UK AND USA SERVERS