Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

End user support, worth it ?

Hello everyone,

I am debating between two host for my reseller acocunt; surpasshosting and hostgator. Hostgator offer a good end user support while surpasshosting dosent. But surpasshosting offer more diskspace, more brandwitch for a better price.

So i'm wondering if end user support with less spaces would atract more client then slow support but with more space/brandwitch.

What's the good point of the end support etc..

Thanks alot for your help!

Since when did Host Gator offer end user support? I don't see it on their site either, is this a new feature?

It all comes down to if you are able to provide 24x7 coverage for your technical support as it is a standard especially in this industry. Unless offcourse, you are targeting Small Businesses locally who only require support during normal business hours.

Damn my mistake, it's 24x7 support for me, not for my clients

Then you solved my probs ! haha

Thanks !

Then what about surpasshosting. Don't they offer 24/7 support? As Jason said it is a normal industry standard.

Yes he does too, i'm still not sure about wich one to take They all offer the same thing but with a few minors diffs, i have to think about it !

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Then what about surpasshosting. Don't they offer 24/7 support? As Jason said it is a normal industry standard.
    According to the site http://www.surpasshosting.com/support.php
    it appears they offer multiple levels of 24/7 support
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    I talked to a few people from surpass and hostgator and they both told me they dont provide end user support?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    I talked to a few people from surpass and hostgator and they both told me they dont provide end user support?
    Actualy I think it's only 24x7 support for YOU. This mean you have to take care of your clients.

Yes I was surprised by his comment that they don't have. That is why I made a comment like that.

Quote Originally Posted by snowboarderz69 View Post
    Actualy I think it's only 24x7 support for YOU. This mean you have to take care of your clients.
    that's how it is with most hosts anyway - they will have to support you unless you somehow land on an unmanaged reseller program. end-user support is about them taking care of your clients for you and some do offer that and there are external companies that may be able to help you with that if you need.

I would recommend hostgator. They have almost no downtime and the support is amazing. Also, you get WHMCS free.

I'd choose hostgator.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplexWebs View Post
    I would recommend hostgator. They have almost no downtime and the support is amazing. Also, you get WHMCS free.

I'd choose hostgator.
    Can you provide the domain you have with them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I don't host with them anymore but I used to. They own their own data center, they are amazing.

I would say end user support is worth - you can have 24x7 helpdesk for common issues (often customers "bother" me how to do this in outlook, or server is slow etc. - my main core business is not hostingbut development and design, so dealing with such issues is not the ideal for me - but hey, I am not using yet EUS although I am with providers that provide so... it's the greek lang problem... but I do plan to use this service).

As for your two options: Another vote for Hostgator!
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

Yeah, if you ever have problems you know that hostgator can help you right away.

They own their own data center, they are amazing.
    They do not own a datacenter - they use The Planet.
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

Honestly?
    I could have sworn they owned their own data center, many people told me that too.

They could have a datacenter last time I read they have more than 1000 servers (and that was a year ago?)....

Honestly?
    I could have sworn they owned their own data center, many people told me that too.
    says right on there site they get them from the planet.... although if they spend 350k a month on advertising im sure they could build a dc
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Funny. I did a whois for surpass and it says they are registered through hostdime. Heh

Quote Originally Posted by 01globalnet View Post
    They do not own a datacenter - they use The Planet.
    They don't buy servers from The Planet do they? I was under the impression that they colocate at The Planet.

I don't host with them anymore but I used to. They own their own data center, they are amazing.
    They don't even own their own hardware, everything is rented through the planet, which is cheaper than coloing in the long run for them since their servers are overloaded.

In the words of Ice Cube "Chickity check yourself, before you wreck yourself"

They may overload their servers but few people ever have problems with them which is amazing considering all the features they promise and how many accounts they probably put on a single server.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSon View Post
    Funny. I did a whois for surpass and it says they are registered through hostdime. Heh

Yes, HostDime and Surpass are same compamy,but HostDime's reply time is quicker than Surpass.

I dont think surpass is getting from The planet. They use hostdime.
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast