Talking HiVelocity 3 Month Review :)

A few months ago I wanted to start up a new game server so I had to find a home that could offer me a quality server at a reasonable price. I started following HiVelocity on their twitter and waited patiently for an amazing deal to come up. They ended up doing a deal for $5 you could get double the RAM & free second hard drive on select servers. I ended up picking up their Core2Quad deal on hivelocity.net/specials and for $5 got 4gb ram for $104.00 a month.

Sales:
    I've spoke to a lot of sales rep's at companies, and Dave at HiVelocity is near one of the best. He has spent so much time answering my questions. He's was able to answer extremely hard questions, in a relatively fast manner, whereas most sales rep's are a bit out of the loop for the type of questions I ask.

Support
    Support has been amazing, they are extremely fast and knowledgeable. My first day having the server I needed it reloaded as I accidentally picked 64 bit on the order form, but I needed 32 bit. If your a customer you know there is a space for a 'coupon' code so you can get a free OS reload. I needed the server reloaded ASAP so I spoke to Dave at literally 11pm at night and he gave me a coupon for a free OS reload. I was back up within 2 hours. Now, that may sound like a lot of time for an OS reload but they harden your server every time they reload your server. When using their support they communicate very well with you, explaining the situation and exactly what they are doing.

Overall
    My experience with HiVelocity has been amazing. I will definitely be a customer for a long time. Thank you HiVelocity! Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Jacob Wall; 06-29-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Glad to see another good one for Dave! Good work! Keep us updated on how it goes in the future.
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses

Nice review....

So, free OS reload is not included? Just curious to know.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Nice review....

So, free OS reload is not included? Just curious to know.
    They allow 1 free OS reload, anything beyond that is $50 or $65. That's the only real thing I can complain about, but I understand as they actually have a tech harden the server for you after every reload.

-Jacob

Thanks for the info.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    They allow 1 free OS reload, anything beyond that is $50 or $65. That's the only real thing I can complain about, but I understand as they actually have a tech harden the server for you after every reload.

-Jacob
    i remember when they did not offer 1 free OS reload.
    i wasted $65 =(

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    i remember when they did not offer 1 free OS reload.
    i wasted $65 =(
    Next time give me a shout and we'll talk about your need for a reload

It also usually depends on what the reloads for as well. Before the current policy we had people reloading so we could reset their dns settings and re-harden their server. Thanks for the review though. You're a pretty good customer too (sometimes) haha! Actually you're pretty great, you have helped me learn a few things about the windows version of virtuozzo. Thanks for your continued business!
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Dave is the best!

I've spoke to a lot of sales rep's at companies, and Dave at HiVelocity is near one of the best. He has spent so much time answering my questions. He's was able to answer extremely hard questions, in a relatively fast manner, whereas most sales rep's are a bit out of the loop for the type of questions I ask.
    Tell me about it! I appended this comment to my Hivelocity order in August 2011:

Dave's courteous and knowledgeable answers to my many questions was pivotal in my purchasing decision.
    I've never actually had the pleasure of talking with sales people that good and knowledgeable very often. I really hope he's paid what he's worth!

That is one useful review! I would say that lucky you for finding such company that serves your expectations!

Quote Originally Posted by che09 View Post
    That is one useful review! I would say that lucky you for finding such company that serves your expectations!
    This review is actually over 2 years old. I appreciate the bump but there are plenty of newer reviews to comment on.
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support