DirectAdmin Prices ?

Hello

Why there is so much difference in DirectAdmin prices from certain company to another

for example Hivelocity offer DirectAdmin at 9$ monthly
    While Sharktech is 25$ monthly for DirectAdmin

I see some offer DA for free or 5$ only

why some offer it so cheap and other so expensive
    what is real and fair price for it??

Hosting providers can purchase is directly from DirectAdmin for $5 a month. Keep in mind, what ever price the hosting provider charges for it is a "fair price" if you're willing to pay for it.

EDIT: OOps, that is the code 500 license or VPS license.

For Dedicated Server license pricing, check here: http://www.directadmin.com/internal.html
    Last edited by AquariusStorage; 06-21-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusADMIN View Post
    Hosting providers can purchase is directly from DirectAdmin for $5 a month. Keep in mind, what ever price the hosting provider charges for it is a "fair price" if you're willing to pay for it.
    so it's only 5$ if buy direct from the mother site
    thanks for explanation

That's likely $5 if you buy enough licenses and that may even be an "internal" license.

The $5 is for VPS and internal licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by pads View Post
    so it's only 5$ if buy direct from the mother site
    thanks for explanation
    No. $5 is the internal pricing for VPS licenses. In case you do not know what internal pricing is, it means the prices the hosting provider gets from the vendor, which the public cannot purchase directly without going through whatever kind of prices the provider decides to charge. The prices AquariusAdmin listed is actually the internal license pricing for dedicated servers.

BTW, there is no way to purchase a VPS license from DA itself. You have to either go through your provider or just get a dedicated server license from DA.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    No. $5 is the internal pricing for VPS licenses. In case you do not know what internal pricing is, it means the prices the hosting provider gets from the vendor, which the public cannot purchase directly without going through whatever kind of prices the provider decides to charge. The prices AquariusAdmin listed is actually the internal license pricing for dedicated servers.

BTW, there is no way to purchase a VPS license from DA itself. You have to either go through your provider or just get a dedicated server license from DA.
    The OP was trying to determine fair pricing for dedicated server licenses. I presented him with a table showing the internal license pricing for hosting providers. It allows the OP to see if someone is charging him 30$ for a dedicated server license, more then likely they are simply trying to pull a fast one over on him/her.

My opinion, like I stated before, "fair pricing" is any price that people are willing to buy it at. If your provider is offering DirectAdmin for 30$ and you don't like it, move. The hosting industry is so heavily saturated, you shouldn't have a problem finding another one.

http://www.directadmin.com/internal.html is the price for internal dedicated server licenses....

Of course, once again @ the OP, you yourself cannot pickup these prices. The only way you're going to get a price close to that is if your provider is willing to sell it to you at that price. You can purchase directly from DirectAdmin I think for $29/per month, and since these licenses are not "internal", you are free to do as you wish with it, at any provider

thank you guys for help

Internal pricing is so attractive. $5 bucks a month is dirt cheap

I suggest all providers to give DA with their VPSes

Quote Originally Posted by Gary4gar View Post
    Internal pricing is so attractive. $5 bucks a month is dirt cheap

I suggest all providers to give DA with their VPSes
    Some charges more than $5 for their DA licenses.. Anyway, let's hope DA releases an external VPS pricing or allow resellers to sell external licenses provided they fulfiled some commitments, similiar to cPanel's partnership.

FYI, cPanel requires the partner to be in good status and have commited with them for at least 12 months in order to sell external licenses... Other than that, a $1K security deposit that cannot be touched for a year is also a requirement for the partnership.. Odd huh?