Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    Linode targets a different audience than vps.net - their control panel allows for a lot of customization, and that is fantastic to some, but we've tried to focus on usability and time to market.
    Like, at Linode you have9 images that you can install, at VPS.NET we've basically taken the fantastico/installatron concept and moved it to the Cloud by allowing you to setup finished web applications - we have like 50 images or so. That is great if you want something that works out of the box, but not ideal if you wish to use custom partitions etc.

D
    it clearly shows up how you spent lots of time thinking about clients needs and also thought about the different profile types of clients and with which one they´d feel more comfortable.

A real killer and an umatching feature would be to have managed services included! Even though I would not consume that service much ( only when I migrate to you) and when something stops working.

How does the auto healing work?

Even though I currently use 2 vps and 1 shared host I won´t migrate to you know but will do in some months when I outgrow!

If there is a problem with the Hypervisor you are on, the cloud management will simply automatically move all the VM's on it to other available Hypervisors on the cloud within 5 seconds (boots within 40), also since we utilize "persistent storage" no data corruption is likely to happen in case of a front-end hardware crash.

We also working on additional concept to help even if it's a individual VM OS related crash, and load based thresholds, etc.
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Wow, that looks pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing the info.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Quote Originally Posted by CRego3D View Post
    This is just a different approach, but you can do similar stuff on our system

you can have a 1 node debian (10gb) and a 1 node (cent) and simply move nodes from your main VM to those when you want to test, or keep those nodes dormant until you ready to test them.

It's all in what you used to.

PS - Now, you might be thinking on the ability to keep the ip constant on the VM you wish to test the new OS (for dns reasons), so if you do allot of testing it's a good idea to have an additional ip to be moved around.
    While this is true, it means I have to pay for 2 nodes eg. £30. When I can do the same with one node with Linode eg. ~£12-13 ($20).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    it clearly shows up how you spent lots of time thinking about clients needs and also thought about the different profile types of clients and with which one they´d feel more comfortable.

A real killer and an umatching feature would be to have managed services included! Even though I would not consume that service much ( only when I migrate to you) and when something stops working.

Even though I currently use 2 vps and 1 shared host I won´t migrate to you know but will do in some months when I outgrow!
    I believe managed service will be pretty costly, taking into consideration that you can make your VPS a monster and the management cost will be pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by unifiednick View Post
    While this is true, it means I have to pay for 2 nodes eg. £30. When I can do the same with one node with Linode eg. ~£12-13 ($20).
    Yeah, I´ve also noted that prices are a higher than normal vps and even their other vps´s companies but this product seems to be one of those things with lots of added stuff ( like a regular vps). They have an "added value" product and if all those things work as they say ( and you need them)their prices are reasonable.

Their product recalls me of the way they speak about wired tree, known host and all those big boys companies that sell vps ( they sort of transmit peace of mind even without actually having tested any of them). Even though they include management as their big meal and this company doesnt they seem to be covering an un-exploited niche with a big potential of growth, thats what really got me completley surprised.

If possible it would be nice to have a detailed review of an un-biased member ( if possible; an old and trusty one would be the best) here at WHT.

Yes, you have fanboy ( me ).

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    I believe managed service will be pretty costly, taking into consideration that you can make your VPS a monster and the management cost will be pretty high.
    I am not contradicting ( I am just trying to get your point as we are from way too distant countries and speak a foreign language )you but I dont get why management will be costly if power of the product raises?.

PSM (platinumservemanagement) management costs 30 bucks per month independently on how powerfull your server is. It can be a Celeron or a quad six core Istanbul and you will be billed the same.

BTW: ditlev, I´ve added you on twitter
    Last edited by elvis1; 06-20-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12