Thread: The Planet

The Planet

New to the forum - this is great information and I hope I can add to the discussions. One question if anyone knows. I currently have a colocation solution with The Planet. How do they stack up against the competition for price and reliability?

Welcome to Webhostingtalk.

Do you mind sharing what you're paying for and what uptime guarantees you are getting for that price? It may help in members providing comparisons for you for services they get through competing providers.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I'm currently going through a third party for The Planet but I'm thinking of going direct. So I'm just trying to get a feel for who has the best reputation for reliability/uptime and overall cost. The other one I'm looking at is Rackspace. Security is also important to me so ownership of facilities is preferred. Hence the reason I'm looking at these two in particular.

Do you limit yourself in TX or other states works for you?

Quote Originally Posted by KristinH View Post
    Security is also important to me so ownership of facilities is preferred.

The state doesn't matter.

Contact Adam Vierra at Netriver.net then. They own the building/datacenter. Pricing will not expensive as Rackspace, but you will be in a showcase datacenter of APC. Network uptime? Support? No complain at all

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Hello KristinH,

Contact Reyner (rnatahamidjaja (at) gipnetworks.com), he owns a DataCenter located in Plano/Texas, few minutes from Dallas. Im sure he can give you a very good price, we started with GIPNetworks with only 1 dedicated server (3 years ago) and now we have more tahn 30 servers in colocation, it was possible because the posibility to grow without having to make large investments. The support is awesome.

Hope this helps!
    Jose David Bravo | jbravo[at]colombiahosting.com.co
    ColombiaHosting High Quality Hosting in Colombia
    www.colombiahosting.com.co

You should really check out Colo4Dallas. They are in Dallas as well and will not only give you better service than TP, but better service as well.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

The Planet is a quality DC -- however as far as I'm aware they (as with most other hosting companies) lease their DC space and not buy the buildings. Anyways, why risk problems with another provider or complications with a geographic move when you are currently happy?
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

The Planet operates 8 data center facilities in Houston, Dallas and London. Some of those data center facilities are wholly owned and operated while others take advantage of key network locations like the InfoMart in Dallas and the Telecity facility in London.

Our newest colocation data center is a 106,00-square-foot presence in a Dallas-area facility. Entrance into the facility is monitored and tracked by The Planet through multiple stages of security checkpoints. KristinH, if you've got any additional questions about The Planet's colocation offering, please feel free to post them here, and I'll do my best to get you answers.
    Kevin Hazard
    Director, Digital Content
    SoftLayer, an IBM Companyhttp://twitter.com/softlayer