* Anyone using take2hosting?Need your review

Hi everyone:
    Frist thank you for reading my post.

I found Take2hosting.com can offer what I am looking for but I don't know they are reliable or not.

I searched in WHT but only find very few reviews,didn't get enough info.
    I checked their domain whois and it shows domain created date is 2007-05-01,can't say they are new but really not old neither.

So,any one is using them?Any comment?Any experience with their ddos protection service?

Any word is appreciated!

Thank you for your time and best regards.

I am not a Take2Hosting.com customer but I have only heard good reviews about them especially their fast setups and incredibly amazing support. You shouldn't have any issues going with them.

There's a review of mine floating around here somewhere, that I made at approximately 3 months, and since I posted it I've had nothing but the same. Considering every time I traceroute it goes out via Cogent (still having issues getting over that stigma!), the connection is fantastic.

The hardware is fantastic, serial console over IP... if you're a linux user you can put it in rescue mode and go right in over the serial cable and fix just about anything except busted hardware.

Mike went over and above what I expected of him when I needed to migrate from one machine to another so I could reinstall without any downtime. He's a great guy and runs a tight ship.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

Their automation set-up is pretty fantastic. I have some support response speed screen shots, which shows response in <5min. Hope it means something to you. AFAIK, their current BGP mix has Cogent, InterNAP & Level 3. No longer single-homed to Cogent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails response speed 1.jpg   response speed 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JSlominski View Post
    I am not a Take2Hosting.com customer but I have only heard good reviews about them especially their fast setups and incredibly amazing support. You shouldn't have any issues going with them.
    Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by fwaggle View Post
    There's a review of mine floating around here somewhere, that I made at approximately 3 months, and since I posted it I've had nothing but the same. Considering every time I traceroute it goes out via Cogent (still having issues getting over that stigma!), the connection is fantastic.
    I have read your review and thank you for your review.

The hardware is fantastic, serial console over IP... if you're a linux user you can put it in rescue mode and go right in over the serial cable and fix just about anything except busted hardware.
    Unfortunately I am not a linux user but I think it's a great opportunity to learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    Their automation set-up is pretty fantastic. I have some support response speed screen shots, which shows response in <5min. Hope it means something to you. AFAIK, their current BGP mix has Cogent, InterNAP & Level 3. No longer single-homed to Cogent.
    Really great response time.Thank you for your time posting the screen shots.
    Cogent is fine for me because in Asia Cogent is fast and reliable,at least I think is.

Quote Originally Posted by diarylove View Post
    I found this review before and already read it,thank you,diarylove!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you guys for your help!Only one question here:
    Is there anyone have experience with their ddos protection service?

Quote Originally Posted by likerise View Post
    Really great response time.Thank you for your time posting the screen shots. Cogent is fine for me because in Asia Cogent is fast and reliable,at least I think is.
    In their InterNAP mix, there are providers like NTT & Global Crossing too, which are also decent in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    In their InterNAP mix, there are providers like NTT & Global Crossing too, which are also decent in Asia.
    Well that's even better for me now!Thanks!

Hey,

I have a server with these guys and they are truly great to use

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Hey,

I have a server with these guys and they are truly great to use
    Hi BuzzServers-J,I checked your website and found you offer VPS,seems they are host in take2hosting,am I right?
    "Hosted in the take2 facility, our Virtual Private Servers...All our VPS nodes are connected to hardware CISCO firewalls, programmed and configured to deal with DDoS attacks towards the network."
    So I guess you are using their DDoS protecetion service,how do you feel about this service?
    Thank you very much!!!

Unfortunately I am not a linux user but I think it's a great opportunity to learn something.
    What OS are you looking for then? Keep in mind they don't (AFAIK) install Windows, it you want Windows order a XenServer installation, download the XenCenter client and install windows - keep in mind you're on your own as far as licenses though.

I do not have any experience with their DDoS protection. I believe it's just a BGP-powered solution somewhat similar to cisco guard.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

What OS are you looking for then? Keep in mind they don't (AFAIK) install Windows, it you want Windows order a XenServer installation, download the XenCenter client and install windows - keep in mind you're on your own as far as licenses though.

I do not have any experience with their DDoS protection. I believe it's just a BGP-powered solution somewhat similar to cisco guard.
    I will use centos with cPanel.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Mike from take2hosting told me they can handle 20k pps attack,so I am asking around to see if anyone have experience.

Hi BuzzServers-J,I checked your website and found you offer VPS,seems they are host in take2hosting,am I right?
    "Hosted in the take2 facility, our Virtual Private Servers...All our VPS nodes are connected to hardware CISCO firewalls, programmed and configured to deal with DDoS attacks towards the network."
    So I guess you are using their DDoS protecetion service,how do you feel about this service?
    Thank you very much!!!
    Hey,

We use them for our IRC/DDoS protected offering and then our own stuff in Dallas for the standard Fully Managed (more popular) and we've found them to be great and mitigating DDoS attacks of up to 300mbps-ish and they have been more than happy with the delays on abuse reports whilst we pass that on to clients.

All in all, great provider to use. Only issue for using them for VPS' is that their won't VLAN IP's in to pools.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    Hey,

We use them for our IRC/DDoS protected offering and then our own stuff in Dallas for the standard Fully Managed (more popular) and we've found them to be great and mitigating DDoS attacks of up to 300mbps-ish and they have been more than happy with the delays on abuse reports whilst we pass that on to clients.

All in all, great provider to use. Only issue for using them for VPS' is that their won't VLAN IP's in to pools.
    Thank you very much!

Seems they are really a good provider.
    Thank you guys!

I had a couple of servers with them with absoltuely no issues. Support was fast and knowledeable and the network, hardware and costs were just right.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    I had a couple of servers with them with absoltuely no issues. Support was fast and knowledeable and the network, hardware and costs were just right.
    Coolraul,thank you for your review.