Want to run a web hosting ( reseller ), have question

I want to stat web hosting business and begin with reseller. I have question : If one of my client do something again TOS, example they host wares stuff, warez linking or run illegal activites... What the thing the host will do ? Suspend my account or notice me about that client?

If the client is doing it intentionally, then cancel his account otherwise contact him first.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by kimkim2 View Post
    I want to stat web hosting business and begin with reseller. I have question : If one of my client do something again TOS, example they host wares stuff, warez linking or run illegal activites... What the thing the host will do ? Suspend my account or notice me about that client?
    If your question is what your 'reseller' partner would do, it depends very much on the company you choose, this is the typical questions you should ask the hosting company before you start using them.

the options are limited;
    - They will suspend your complete reseller account, and contact you.
    - They will suspend only your customers hosting account, and contact you.
    - They will notify you and wait for your reaction.
    - They just cancel you account and contact you.

In some cases they will not even notify you and you hear it from some angry customer(s).

This makes it important to choose your reseller hosting package well, and make sure the reseller you choose is a true hosting partner for your needs.

edited... Thank 040Hosting.

I think it is important. I will try to find this option
    Is there any company allow it ?

I think it depends on the situation. Some issues are more urgent than others.

DMCA, for example, they could not suspend the site at all, so long as you take care of the problem upon notification.

On the other end of the spectrum, if there is a spammer/phisher actively sending out tens of thousands of emails, then the host would have no choice but to suspend that account. (and hopefully contact you, of course.)
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

edited... Thank 040Hosting.

I think it is important. I will try to find this option

Is there any company allow it ?
    Not sure what your question is, do you mean

- Letting customer have a warez or other illegal website;

Sure the probably are hosts allowing this, although i would stay away far from them as they are operating in a dangerous business, they could be gone the next day when the country they are located in do change laws or start acting against it.

If the question was:

- I want a host which contacts me and suspends the abusers account.

I think most hosts will operate like this (maybe i am naive) but i think it also depends on the situation at hand, sometimes a host will first contact you before shutting down any sites, however if the site is also abusing the server chances are they provider will suspend the account first and then contact you.

Hope this helps you asking the right questions to the host(s) you like to find the one who fits your needs best.

In this case, i mean i still haven't known my client is doing something wrong, but the host knew. If i see one of my client do it, i will suspend his account. I want to know what will happen to my reseller account if the host is the first one that found one of my client do againt TOS.

Sorry my bad english.

KimKim2,

Your english is fine but thought your question could be related to either of the questions you asked in this thread.

As said most hosting providers would only suspend an account when it is giving urgent problems, in most other cases they first will contact you, and it can be different from provider to provider how they handle abuse issues.

As advised you should find some reseller hosting providers and ask them directly what is their policy when it comes to such a cases.

but really, you should not be to afraid of these cases, depending on the market segment you want to operate in.

Usually the host suspend that account and/or notify you.
    Anyway, the best thing is to ask directly to the company you're buying the reseller account.
    -> Bibihost.com <-> Since 2010 Professional Hosting in EU and USA <-
    -> No cheap stuff, we provide only professional hosting on powerful machines <-> Speed and responsiveness are first priority! <-

I want to stat web hosting business and begin with reseller. I have question : If one of my client do something again TOS, example they host wares stuff, warez linking or run illegal activites... What the thing the host will do? Suspend my account or notice me about that client?
    Most likely that they will suspend the account of a client who break rules and notify you about this. But if you have any billing issues your account will be suspended with all clients.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    the options are limited;
    We normally notify you, and allow you to handle it. Unless it is an urgent issue (to where the server may be shutdown), then we will suspend the users account. Only if you do nothing about the issue will we suspend your entire account.

we've had that before - brings back memories of some guy trying to give out nulled scripts - it was a client of our reseller - we would never shut down the entire reseller, just the one account doing it and then contact the reseller about it

but then again, it depends on how the company you are with handles things. you c ould always just ask about it and see what they say

You shud warn them first, and if some offense repeated again , terminate them

the options are limited;
    You forgot the option where your host doesn't even know about it. And then you get fax one morning from a police department across the country with a hand written note saying "PLEASE CALL ME NOW! Thanks, Sgt. Somebody"

I had that happen once - they told me about the client they were investigating, and asked that I do nothing. Just "act like everything is cool".

That was probably the best day I had at the office... that sgt was hilarious!

i wana give you some suggestion. never go for this if you have low traffic on your website and get some knowledge on targeted based commissions as i know some companies who keep some targets before any payments.

As a reseller it's better to be aware of the terms of service of the main host provider as far as hosting warez and illegal content like is concerned. If they have a policy that they would suspend only the account of your customer and notify you, then this works in your favour.
    Cloud Hosting - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use | Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Complete, Fully Managed Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com!

Well get a Dedicated Server then you dont have to worry about your reseller host terminating your client sites with least Quad Xeon cpu.

If your question is what your 'reseller' partner would do, it depends very much on the company you choose, this is the typical questions you should ask the hosting company before you start using them.

the options are limited;

In some cases they will not even notify you and you hear it from some angry customer(s).

This makes it important to choose your reseller hosting package well, and make sure the reseller you choose is a true hosting partner for your needs.
    These are good guidelines for choosing a reseller host. I have never had anyone suspend the entire account it is usually the account with issues but you really should check. The other clients will not be happy if there website goes down.

Larger resellers will normally notify you if they find one of your accounts breaking the TOS, and give you a certain amount of time to act. If the action is of a large security concern, they will usually cut of their activity, and notify you. It's rare for a host to kill your whole reselling account, they deal with this on a day to day basis with resellers.

As for the offending "client", I suggest terminating them immediately with extreme prejudice, and reporting this to your provider. The quicker and more surely you act, the more you gain a reputation for doing the right thing...you'd be surprise how often they have to basically fight with the reseller or end up taking more drastic action because of inaction on the resellers part.

Of course, try to determine if your client was actually aware of the action...many times you will find they simply got hacked, and had no idea what was happeing. If you can track down the issue, help them fix it, then you have a much more appreciate customer (hopefully), rather than a perplexed client that comes and posts "I was terminated by X host and didn't even know anything was wrong".
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)