Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    that you privately sent a domain to the mods.
    Yes, that is what I meant when I said "shared". I didn't realize it could be misinterpreted. Sorry.

Just got myself a Linux vps package from Servint, I mean 766mb ram for 49$ is a steal.

Most importantly, I am a windows guy who is not an I.T. expert. I wanted some one to take care of my server pro-actively. Let's see how it goes.

Red face

Hellind, I was in the same situation 5 years ago, but thanks to both their NOC and fellow customers I've learned a lot! I highly suggest to check out the threads for starters, because with power comes responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Yes, that is what I meant when I said "shared". I didn't realize it could be misinterpreted. Sorry.
    My apologies in return for misunderstanding! I thought you thought they were either sharing a machine or like it was a bunch of sockpuppets with one domain in common.

By the way, considering the amount of hosting companies, your list is shocking. :O
    Tjeerd 'Syrion' van Sas
    Studio Krater design
    ServInt Customer

Glad to hear that ServInt keep upgrades to their line of VPS packages

hellind2 you won't regret it, I promise you.
    Now that you are a ServInt customer, join the rest of us on the ServInt forum and get any additional help you need.

I manage a VPS for my employer with Servint and have been quite pleased with the service. Have had the account for almost 3 years now (next month). There have been a couple of downtime issues over the years but still very good service and support. I also manage another VPS with Knownhost and I would have to say both of these you couldn't go wrong with one of their VPS's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyview View Post
    I manage a VPS for my employer with Servint and have been quite pleased with the service. Have had the account for almost 3 years now (next month). There have been a couple of downtime issues over the years but still very good service and support. I also manage another VPS with Knownhost and I would have to say both of these you couldn't go wrong with one of their VPS's.
    Thanks for verifying domains with both these hosts

considering the amount of hosting companies
    The goal is to offer people valid options, not all the valid options out there. That would be a gargantuan task, and it would probably put people right back in the position they started from (which one to choose).

sheepdog has sent us 4 domains hosted at Servint.

EDIT: so did compuwar.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 04-09-2009 at 12:06 PM.

I just signed up for an enterprise VPS with ServInt. Now that the offerings are a lot more competitive it was an easy choice, and 50% of the first month is a nice incentive. I just hope with the better offerings their reputation of having superb service doesn`t suffer in anyway.

Could someone that has a (recent) VPS with ServInt run the VPS benchmark on their VPS and post the results please?

Thank you

I`ll try and do it tonight when I get home

Have run the benchmark, posted in the VPS benchmark thread. Can`t post links yet - sorry.

thanks fusedbob. can anybody post a link or a short summary of what the benchmarks mean?

I just ordered. After reading all the great reviews I cant wait to switch to what appears to be a VERY reliable VPS host (although I'll be paying around the same price for half the ram & disk space, having a reliable host means everything).

Will report back on actual experience with host in a few months.

I'm floored!

I just had my first technical difficulty with servint. I simply called them up, NO WAIT TIME! I got put through to a real live technician, and better yet (i wouldn't have believed this if it didn't actually happen to me), I was on the phone with someone who was able to fix the problem on the fly!!!!

The whole process took less time than it did to log in here and post. Wow!

A+^10 for customer support!

A bit disappointed in the benchmark results, I honestly thought it would be better.

I'm hearing quite a few good things about Servint, I asked few sales questions recently and David James answered them promptly and very professionally going out of his way to explain to me why WHMCS was not offered at a discounted rate. I will be purchasing their services shortly and will post a review here in a few months.

Quite a bit of good reviews here. Too bad I did not see this immediately. I just ordered one from another well known provider yesterday.

They don't have live chat though. For international customers like me, it should be good to have a live chat.

Maybe its not needed as they are 24 hours on phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    A bit disappointed in the benchmark results, I honestly thought it would be better.
    Do you have links to any of these benchmarks, I have been looking everywhere for a recent benchmark of their 'Enterprise VPS' lineup!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiee View Post
    Do you have links to any of these benchmarks, I have been looking everywhere for a recent benchmark of their 'Enterprise VPS' lineup!
    You can try searching in the Unixbench threads:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...nt#post6186466
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...nt#post5335631
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...nt#post6146279

But remember, don't read too much into the results.. as they are not always indicative of the performance you can expect out of a VPS. They are more like testing theoretical maximum's (or the 'burst' capability).
    Exceptional VPS Hosting. With love, 6sync.

Guys Can you Explain what benchmark means ???!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12