Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Using free chats software or paid software - from a client view

Hello,

I'm just wondering what you think of company using livezilla, crafty syntax or other free software compared to Paid ones like live person and providesupport

Now personally i would prefer a company to to use a paidchat software program, mainly because i pay attention to the details of a host and i ask myself why do they use a free one, are they not funded well, no pockets are they working day to day to keep the servers up.

What is your opinion of freeware and paidware.
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

I think livezilla is the best. Alot of popular companys use it. I presonnaly for paid prefer kayako. In the terms of paid vs free. I dont care what the host uses for live support aslong as they are able to provide a quality webhost. One reason people use a free software is... If the company only has 1 dedicated server some paid chat programs cost more then a dedicated server themselfs
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Myself I have never had any problems with Crafty Syntax. I have never had that high of volume on live chat though...

Given that livechat software is extremely affordable, I would prefer those who use commercial software.

ProvideSupport's a good paid solution. It's inexpensive compared to all the others.

Too me I don't care what you use as long as it works, I don't see any problem using free software especially if it is well made.

I prefer to see companies using Kayako or LivePerson -- more appealing.

I have used ProvideSupport, and yes it is very affordable. But, then I saw Livezilla, which is basically ProvideSupport with a lot more features.

I just simply take the money I was investing into ProvideSupport, and buy new servers, or upgrading my existing ones.
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

Quote Originally Posted by amaZe View Post
    I have used ProvideSupport, and yes it is very affordable. But, then I saw Livezilla, which is basically ProvideSupport with a lot more features.

I just simply take the money I was investing into ProvideSupport, and buy new servers, or upgrading my existing ones.
    So what are the extra features mate? $30 will make major improvements to your servers? To be honest i disagree with what your saying!

Please Explain

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityJJ View Post
    I prefer to see companies using Kayako or LivePerson -- more appealing.
    Liveperson is a little on the expensive side i once used it and got a pretty good deal $62 /seat per month. (I had 4 seats).

Kayako on the other hand is well priced. But i see alot of it so it makes me wonder if people are using nulled versions of it.

As a customer, I just Don't care! as along as the app is simple to use and works.

Being a customer i pay more attention to how much part of the day Live Chat is Online. Try visiting the hosting providers site different parts of the day and see if the chat is Online/Offline. The Longer the Online time, the greater trust you built

Quote Originally Posted by Gary4gar View Post
    As a customer, I just Don't care! as along as the app is simple to use and works.

Being a customer i pay more attention to how much part of the day Live Chat is Online. Try visiting the hosting providers site different parts of the day and see if the chat is Online/Offline. The Longer the Online time, the greater trust you built
    Very good point i must agree with that.

Companies that are using free livechat software look ridiculous in business. The client will have difficulties to trust the company. That's my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Saber S View Post
    Companies that are using free livechat software look ridiculous in business. The client will have difficulties to trust the company. That's my opinion...
    Well honestly that's what i thought as well, you have to think twice don't you?

I have seen companys with 10000+ clients and use livezilla. I dont mind as long as it does its job. does it great and has little or no bugs. less face it some free software is better then paid and a company gets thought less of for using a more stable program that is free
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedihosting View Post
    So what are the extra features mate? $30 will make major improvements to your servers? To be honest i disagree with what your saying!

Please Explain
    First off, when I purchase something I try to pay the one-time fee or yearly. The fees for a yearly or one-time fee for a live chat can run you $200+, in some cases.

$30 a month builds up.. You can buy more RAM, more HD Space, and RAID Disks for your server if you don't have any..

"Money saved, is money earned."
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

I like StarDevelop -- unlimited seats, fast, and clean. One time license is $120. http://stardevelop.com

StarDevelop looks nice, thanks Shikhir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedihosting View Post
    Well honestly that's what i thought as well, you have to think twice don't you?
    Personally, if a company will tell me that they have 10000 + clients and I see that they are using a free livechat software, I will get a "scam" impression. If they can not afford getting a paid software, they are not serious.

We use liveperson and it is fantastic.

Personally, if a company will tell me that they have 10000 + clients and I see that they are using a free livechat software, I will get a "scam" impression. If they can not afford getting a paid software, they are not serious.

We use liveperson and it is fantastic.
    hello...why does a company has to use a Paid app to show they are serious? take case of livezila i haven't heard any problem from our customers about this app. whereas when we use kayako, we have several clients complain about their msg not reaching the server.

Then probably all hosts should move to windows hosting, from Linux hosting in attempt to show their co called seriousness - as Linux is *free*.

According to you anything thats free should not be trusted..lol. I don't agree there at all

Well you have specified chat software - then I see no problem using free alternatives for simple chat.

I'll get on the Kayako bandwagon, extremely nice piece of software and is very flexible, easily integrated.

That said: I support open source software and don't hold it against any one that chooses to use it, simply because there are paid alternatives. I use Kayako for all of its features, not just live chat.

I have to agree that what difference does it make if it works. My only real exception to that would be if it had advertisements on it(which livezilla does not have). Also many free versions of software have a lot more user support and addons IMHO. I use a free shopping cart software just for that reason, and no one seems to care or know for that matter that it is free.

BTW, for all those that dont like the idea of free software for a business, how much did you pay for your OS license?
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Then probably all hosts should move to windows hosting, from Linux hosting in attempt to show their co called seriousness - as Linux is *free*.

According to you anything thats free should not be trusted..lol. I don't agree there at all
    BTW, for all those that dont like the idea of free software for a business, how much did you pay for your OS license?
    Well said.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

doh, missed the post where someone mentioned the OS being free, thought I was being original, heh
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Well i use Red Hat and the sure isn't free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast