How do I give free domains...

if I am a reseller? Do I have to sign up with enom and buy customers domains myself?

You'd have to buy the domain yourself, and then just not bill the customer for it.

So it'd be like buying a domain for yourself - you'd come along, buy it, and keep it in your account as normal. The only difference is the customer would own the domain.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Quote Originally Posted by tristanperry View Post
    You'd have to buy the domain yourself, and then just not bill the customer for it.

So it'd be like buying a domain for yourself - you'd come along, buy it, and keep it in your account as normal. The only difference is the customer would own the domain.
    Thanks a ton!

Anytime I wasn't too sure how good my description was, glad it helped you anywhoo

You can set this up to do automatically in whmcs under each product page. Then when the customer signs up for a domain or a transfer, it won't charge the customer and will process the domain. The fee will automatically be deducted from your reseller balance with the registrar you use. Works nicely. I offer free domains with 1 or 2 year plans only and this can also be set up in whmcs.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Just so you know enom requires a 100$ deposit to get started, if you intend on giving out at least 12 domains then enom is worth it, but if not you may look at another option.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

yes, you can sign up with enom and buy customers domains yourself, however, you will have to perform all domain settings for these domains yourself either.

Yeah enom is expensive and charges for privacy. There are others that are less expensive.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

The only difference is the customer would own the domain.
    Actually, you own the domain name, not the customer. Many customers think under such a scenario they own the name, but in effect you do.

If you are registering as domain Reseller then you can have different domain accounts for each domain your client want to have and in this way they can own that domain.
    Gineey - JodoHost.com
    Windows VPS, HSphere Reseller, ASP.NET, ColdFusion & more!
    True 24x7x365 Live Support, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    Hosting over 85,000+ websites across 100+ countries!

Quote Originally Posted by amex View Post
    Actually, you own the domain name, not the customer. Many customers think under such a scenario they own the name, but in effect you do.
    It depends on the registrant's details? Whatever the technical, admin and billing information is, it's the registrant's details that matter IMHO?

Quote Originally Posted by 3DProf4online View Post
    yes, you can sign up with enom and buy customers domains yourself, however, you will have to perform all domain settings for these domains yourself either.
    i just a enom reseller account and i setup a domain account separate from mine for a client. The client does all the buying and control his domains by himself. That way i make a small commission per domain.

Another cheap way to get domains is with ipower for $6.85 but that way you have to setup the dns etc yourself

With netfirms you can also get com for $4.95 (max 5) but only for the first year
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE

Owning a domain name means you have control over the operations related to domain like Domain registrant's details for Technical/ admin / billing can be changed anytime if you have a domain cp access. Only a domain owner or who has its control panel access preserve the Domain transfer rights.

It depends on the registrant's details? Whatever the technical, admin and billing information is, it's the registrant's details that matter IMHO?
    Gineey - JodoHost.com
    Windows VPS, HSphere Reseller, ASP.NET, ColdFusion & more!
    True 24x7x365 Live Support, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    Hosting over 85,000+ websites across 100+ countries!

Quote Originally Posted by gineey View Post
    Owning a domain name means you have control over the operations related to domain like Domain registrant's details for Technical/ admin / billing can be changed anytime if you have a domain cp access. Only a domain owner or who has its control panel access preserve the Domain transfer rights.
    Hmm, that seems about right to me However I still think that the registrant details are the sole determinant of who owns the domain. It can be managed (tech/admin/billing) by anyone, although if the registrant shows as something different, that other person *owns* the domain.

it depends on the registrant's details