Question DDOS resillent 151 front street providers

So I'm looking at starting a new anti-spam service in the next year.

Initially I'm planning on interfacing with GMail as well as providing a downloadable plugging.

I'm planning on coloing @ 151 Front Street since Google peers at torix and the majority of my data transfer will be to them.

My concern is dealing with DOS attacks, since in the past some anti-spam companies have been subject to DOS attacks. Are there any providers at 151 front who specialize in high-risk hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by jv17 View Post
    im not familiar with this but you can check to the web for more info.
    Perhaps I missed it, but what exactly whats the point to your post? Did a URL get stripped or something?
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    Perhaps I missed it, but what exactly whats the point to your post? Did a URL get stripped or something?
    I think when they signed up, the 'Captain Obvious' username was already taken

Haven't heard of any that specialize in DDoS protection, you might have to deploy your own mitigation hardware there if you plan to colocate which would cost quite a bit of money.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by cristibighea View Post
    Haven't heard of any that specialize in DDoS protection, you might have to deploy your own mitigation hardware there if you plan to colocate which would cost quite a bit of money.
    what do you mean, companies? There is at least a dozen of companies specializing in providing services for DDoS protection and mitigation. Just google them.

I was obviously talking about 151 Front Street, as I try to be on topic in threads, unlike others.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

im not sure if there is any ddos mitigation provider in 151, but i know for sure in montreal. Netelligent.ca, Give them a call as i think its not on theyr website!

I don't know if www.prioritycolo.com specializes in fighting off DDoS attacks, but I can tell you that when I was heavily DDoSed 5 years ago, Myles et al handled it very efficiently. I have been with them for 6 years now and have nothing but accolades for them. They allow me to focus on growing my business, rather than having to worry about the server, ever.

BTW, in case you did not make the connection, I am referring to WHT username porcupine (who has posted in this thread).

Good luck in your search.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

You're not going to find this in Canada unless you use a CDN (your local favorite Peer1 offers this) or you buy a protection proxy originating form within the U.S.

On second thought Peer1 does have a DDoS protection product and co-lo in 151 but it's not at all cheap.